Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

Xam 1.4 released

i too dont like the battle sounds...everything else is great......could you shed more light on unpacking pbo to turn it of as i am complete novice and would like for it to be off thnx

If I well remember what Snake told me, in the next version of XAM the user will be allowed to choose wether using them or not.

If I well remember what Snake told me, in the next version of XAM the user will be allowed to choose wether using them or not.

And than again a full download for very few changed content?

I noticed that after i had downloaded the last new version, it`s basically the same as before with a few never files in it.

Not that it should bother me, with my fast DSL connection, but i think many would appreciate if they only have to download a smaller patch. huh.gif

And than again a full download for very few changed content?

I noticed that after i had downloaded the last new version, it`s basically the same as before with a few never files in it.

You should have noticed that the 1.4 weights "only" 700 mb (instead of 1.5 Go for the former version).

And here is the changelog (sorry for french language):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------

CHANGELOG NON-COMPLET XAM 1.4

* IA *

- IA Moins présice au tir en fonction de la classe et de la distance de l'ennemi.

- IA Plus performante en combat urbain.

- Engagement en fonction de la distance de l'ennemi.

* SIMULATION MEDICALE *

- Hemmoragies.

- Douleurs musculaires.

- Chocs aux tympans.

- Alterations Visuelles.

* SIMULATION DE L'ARMEMENT *

- Balistique grandement ajusté et plus réaliste.

- Reculs moins accentués et plus dynamiques.

- Feeling des armes amélioré.

* NOUVELLES ARMES *

- M25.

- Desert Eagle.

- Glock 18.

- USP Silencieux.

- TT33.

- M4 Eotech.

- M249 Eotech.

- Charges C4.

- Contres Mesures.

* NOUVELLES UNITES *

- Operateur radio US.

- Mecanicien US et Russe.

- Soldat CQB.

- Soldats Français.

* NOUVEAUX VEHICULES *

- MI-17 Transport.

- BRDM Commandement.

* NOUVELLES FONCTIONS ET AJOUTS GAMEPLAY *

- Sabotage vehicules.

- Flashs de Supression.

- Signaux sonnores Aeronefs

- gestion de points de commandements pour l'apel d'artillerie ou frappes aeriennes.

- Nouvelle interfaçe.

* NOUVEAUX EFFETS *

- Nouveaux effets d'explosion.

- Nouveaux effets de fumee.

- Nouveaux effets d'impact.

- Effets à l'écran (flashs, terre...)

* NOUVEL ENVIRONNEMENT SONNORE *

- Sons d'ambiances dynamiques.

- Nouveau système de voix dynamiques (français/anglais)

- Nouveaux sons de l'armement.

- Nouveaux sons des cracks supersonics.

- Nouveux sons d'impacts

* OPTIMISATIONS *

- Nouvelle architecture.

- Textures allégées.

- Fonctions moins gourmande en ressources processeur.

- Lag serveur dimminué.

- Meilleure compatibilité avec les autres addons.

- Optimisation des effets.

- Meilleure tolérance de désynchronisation.

Snake might release a patch, but he's on hollidays for few days...

I am still having problems with recoils not working, do i need to upgrade to 1.09 beta patch to get them to work?

Also I noticed a somewhat minor bug ~ sometimes when the ai are chatting with one another i.e. asking if they are ok or if they need ammo, they speak French..

Also, the mines don't seem to be working at all. I have tested it so that a uaz unloads right on top of a placed leaping mine and that the soldiers inside walk right across the mine and it still doesn't explode. However, if I walk near the mine it blows up

crazy_o.gif

best bet is to add your bugs on their forums, this way they have a nice bug list to look over--that's what I did. This way its easier for them to check out than shuffle through dozens of pages. smile_o.gif

Hi, the M16a4's burst sounds aren't working, there's no sound played.

i also not getting any engine sounds when in aircraft...only effects i.e bulletts and missiles....any idea's

I suggest you all to report your bugs in the official forum :

here is the link

Even if Snake wouldn't reply to all the posts, be sure that he'll read them all.

And he will spare a lot of time...

So, please give him a little help. wink_o.gif

has there been an updated version of 1.4 yet? if not is there an eta on when it may come? just like a bug fix.

the devteam leader is on holidays.

I know, I know, he should work on the mod instead of skiing... pistols.gif

ähm stupid question are you going to release a mines / claymore stand alone like you did with the sniper suites?

ähm stupid question are you going to release a mines / claymore stand alone like you did with the sniper suites?

I don't think that was "officially" done by the XAM crew. I believe Mr. Burns sought and received their permission to create said stand alone AddOn.

I bet if someone did the same for the Claymore/Mines(and might I add the Eotech weapons as well.) XAM would allow it. I wish I had such talent but nay, not I. biggrin_o.gif

Yes I second that.

hey how about using nwd tank FCS for your mod i can't combine nothing with your mod so the only way we can get it is you using it

NWD rules BTW you should work with that

Just download Pingu's Claymores that are already released

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2624

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=70917

lol i was waiting for that answer, Pingus claymore is not with proximity the XAM claymore is. That is why i ask for the XAM claymores ... biggrin_o.gif

Oh hey - those are my particles right? Renamed & repackaged, but my particles?

smile_o.gif

I don't mind them being used, but I dislike them being renamed. To be fair, I don't mind the "aaaaaa" prefix taken off, but the origin is from DMSmokeEffects, so I would have preferred the DM left on.

Anyways, by the by, I came in here to see if I can find out how you solved the MP smoke grenade viewblock issue that I'm suffering with in my own addon. There's a bug in ArmA that doesn't recognise the throw action as a "fired" event for MP clients, so I'm wondering how you do the viewblock thing with smoke grenades? Just let me know the name of the script will be fine smile_o.gif if that's all it is.

I will, of course, credit the originator of the method if it's something I can use wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

They took the effects from ArmA Effects, which uses your particles. So it's my fault for not telling Snake when he asked if he could use my effects banghead.gif

It's in my readme, I should have told Snake.

Well Snake if you read this, you should add him to the credits if you didn't already confused_o.gif

So it's my fault, not the XAM team. Sorry about that.

They took the effects from ArmA Effects, which uses your particles. So it's my fault for not telling Snake when he asked if he could use my effects banghead.gif

It's in my readme, I should have told Snake.

Well Snake if you read this, you should add him to the credits if you didn't already confused_o.gif

So it's my fault, not the XAM team. Sorry about that.

LOL, it's no big deal really, but I was using it as a crowbar to get some coding tips on how to get that pesky "fired" event for thrown items solved biggrin_o.gif