Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

Xam 1.4 released

Are there any servers running this? please answer!!

Oh and i made a video using this mod which i will release today. It is not proffesional style but o well.

Please reconsider the addition of the random ambient battlesound. In many

situations this sound-scenery is overdone. I would prefer to have no random battlesound.

yep.

maybe some game logics with optional ambients?

if you want to disable the ambient combat sounds , just unpbo the Xam_Engine .pbo and comment the proper entries in the init.sqs smile_o.gif

i disabled them too because they are audible even in not combat situations and it feels a little odd. But i left the ambient (no combat) sounds , they add much atmosphere especially in the woods , although the night one sounds pretty loud for my taste. Very beautiful the wind sounds though smile_o.gif

Fully agree.

Thxs for the hint to solve this headache.

OK. which lines did you converted?

EDIT" Ok i got it. Sorry for spamming.

Same here i too have that bug. It is the 1.09 patch which was somthing XAM and Cold war are having a promblem as it just released a few days ago.

How can I use the uh60 vechile trasport??

i've been wondering that since 1.305 version , there is no way i can lift a vehicle with it confused_o.gif

am i bad or am i bad...

OMFG, XAM installer deleted all recoils from the game!!!!

also: uh60 interior and 4000rpm minigun have no sounds.

BUT MY GAME IS UNPLAYABLE! what file am I missing?

Did you install the new ArmA beta patch v1.09 by any chance as well?

deleted/re-installed XAM. still no recoils. What file to I need to fix?

Did you try Q1184's Sharper Recoils AddOn? He just released a version that works with v1.09 beta patch, if you are using that. If not try the previous version. I'm not sure if they work with XAMv1.4 though, never tried it. Although I've never had a problem with recoils in any XAM version.

Here's Q1184's forum topic link, just read the first post:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69444

I wish I could offer something more, but alas, I'm stumped as to what the problem may be.

It would be great if i could deactivate the lousy disappearence of dead bodies in XAM 1.4.

Is there a way to handle this (which data-file etc.)?

It would be great if i could deactivate the lousy disappearence of dead bodies in XAM 1.4.

Is there a way to handle this (which data-file etc.)?

XAM_engine\soldiers\special\BodiesCleaning.sqs

I noticed when I pick smoke for the tank, it just fires a white bullet but no smoke.....am I the only one having that? huh.gif

Snake is actually on hollidays.

I'm sure that he'll answer you when he'll be back. wink_o.gif

It is really a perfect mod

biggrin_o.gif

GRAW 's music sounds great

but I can't zoom in when I use this mod , a liitle unused

yep, it's quite anoying when you're not used to, but once you adapted to it, you can't play anymore with that huge zoom of the original game...

enjoy it ! wink_o.gif

Do someone know how to increase the stay-time of the blood on the ground or do someone know the data-file to look at?

BTW, just another report (man we should all just put together one easy to read bug list for the creators hehe)....I noticed when I use the XAM marines the radio sounds can be heard in the vehicles (tank, humvee, etc) which i love that they did that.....however when I use jonny's marines to drive the vehicles I'm not getting the radio sounds. Instead he shouts in french. crazy_o.gifrofl.gif

Not sure if I should have brought this up here or in jonny's thread, but figured it has to do with XAM so I'd post here. Also unsure if I should have posted in both. sad_o.gif

you can report your bugs here.

even if snake doesn't answer to every post, he reads them. wink_o.gif

I cannot find the post right now anyway.

Anyway XAM1.4 uses XEH. However they still have the normal

EH classes in there as far as my quick check unveiled.

So basically you don't have to wonder if that means trouble..

Hopefully the XAM team will take some time to improve their

code quality. Inheritance offers opinions to far better practice.

If there is interest by the XAM team and they don't know how to

do it, just ask and I will try to elaborate. smile_o.gif

situations this sound-scenery is overdone. I would prefer to have no random battlesound.

Same here doesn't fit in many missions.

Besides the environment sounds of FDF_Sounds are overwritten which is a pity.

Quote[/b] ]

if you want to disable the ambient combat sounds , just unpbo the Xam_Engine .pbo and comment the proper entries in the init.sqs smile_o.gif

i disabled them too because they are audible even in not combat situations and it feels a little odd. But i left the ambient (no combat) sounds , they add much atmosphere especially in the woods , although the night one sounds pretty loud for my taste. Very beautiful the wind sounds though smile_o.gif

There are 2 kinds of ambient sounds.

1.)less than 10 enemies are near you: circa once in 3 or 4 minutes you hear a background-rifle-shot.

2.)10 or more enemies are near you: you hear a huge count of background-rifle-shots.

Also there are 2 kinds of night-ambient-sounds with the same logic.

If you dont like one of them unpbo the xam....pbo and edit the enemy-parameter (in the ?init.sqs? or comparative file) or change the ambient-sounds with silence-files.

Has anyone tried to play EvolutionSP in XAMv1.4s? I can't get Johnny's USMC v1.5 USMC to show up via Replacement file(s), nor Jahve's SHAW v1.1 when I make the change via Editor.

Could it be that the XAM units somehow take priority over other units? Is there a way to fix that?(If this is even something that is possible to begin with.)

I don't have that problem if I try with out XAM, so that's why I posted this here. Also excuse me if this was address earlier, I couldn't find anything.