Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

Xam 1.4 released

Am i the only one who likes it??

Is there any server that the mod XAM is running on?? and if it requires registration then show me how to register.

Nice job XAM team thumbs-up.gif

The DSAI system, your sounds and features are great - very nice. thumbs-up.gif

Extra plus to have it work as a replacement. notworthy.gif

You might wanna look into these issues taken from the ArmA.RPT (BIKI):

http://pastebin.ca/829749

I love it too. biggrin_o.gif

Very nice effects, French Infantry (Famas badly needed), ACU and MULTICAM troops.........

inlove.gif

Am i the only one who likes it??

Is there any server that the mod XAM is running on?? and if it requires registration then show me how to register.

Plese answer questions.

Here is my feedback on the mod.

- I love the start up and the picture. But i want to modifie it, just the pictures. As i dont like horny soldeirs on my game.

- The mod is exellent but i think the tracers should just be implemented instead of having a game logic on the map. I dont know if it is activatied in missions. 6 cent just activated it without no game logic on the map.

- I notice you changed the grass height and i thank you for that as i am getting much more better peformance. That i was suprised that the game was running decently

-The AI's seems fixed with your mod. Before your mod i would just walk and if any of the enemy would shoot at me and it was pratically as if there were 10 snipers on if i SLA dude pope up with his AK. The AI's seem smarter aswell and i dont get fustrated about the AI's anymore. I love the feature of when i am team leader my dude will just atomatically spot and list the enemys location thus the AI's can actually shoot instead of me trying to take a hole squad out.

-I love the radio but i cant listen to music with musical instruments becuase of my religion (Islam). Is there a way i can put my own music in there and delete the ones that came with the mod?

-I have spooted some bugs and errors. One bug is in the mission editor, and that bugs is when you click on groups and then opfor and then transport helo's it instead places bulfor helo's but has the russian picture on the mission editor.

- the second one is that some guns dont have recoil!!! I am shooting a sniper( Desert gille, i think) and no recoil. and one of those G3 guns aswell dont have recoil.

- I constally get an error message for somthing about the gun, i think it is about recoil configs or somthing like that.

- Congrats! the game feels as if it is arma 2 to me!

- Why doesnt the desert M1A1 have the onboard computer? why only one? Is there somthing diffrent?

Things i would like

- I would like the consentration of the mod to be on two things. AI, and Features.

- In a stryker it would be cool if i can control other squads beside my own. As that will be an awsome feature when using the satalite thingy and sending them orders and such.

-Also the stryker should have some way of obtaning and X and Y cordinace without getting a dude with a gillie.

-and this idea should be implemented into the tanks aswell.

-Putting more tank features into the game that is easy to make but is awsome to play with it. I dont know if arma can do this but i dont see how it cant... The tanks in realife can zoom in from far distances and a computer operated machine will adjust the aim to its distance, wind speed, and the type of round it is carring.

That's its for know, great mod!

It won't let me play, I get an error saying

"Include file @XAM1.4\Settings\XAM_Settings.hpp not found"

When I look in the settings folder there is only a txt file. What do I do?

EDIT: nevermind, got it to work. This is great, and fully compatible with GMJame's and NWD. Awesome.

in the settings folder there should be the XAM_Settings.hpp file not a txt file .

-Putting more tank features into the game that is easy to make but is awsome to play with it. I dont know if arma can do this but i dont see how it cant... The tanks in realife can zoom in from far distances and a computer operated machine will adjust the aim to its distance, wind speed, and the type of round it is carring.

operation madman,

Have you tried NWD's TankFCS mod? It basically does all you listed and then some. I'm not sure if it is completely compatible with the new XAMv1.04s since I forgot to check when I played. Python1 mentioned NWD is working for him but I'm not sure whether he meant all of the NWD addons or just ballistics/scopefix.

If you know of NWD TankFCS already then disregard my post.

Here's the Forum topic link:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69123

Please reconsider the addition of the random ambient battlesound. In many

situations this sound-scenery is overdone. I would prefer to have no random battlesound.

yep.

maybe some game logics with optional ambients?

For some reason All the weapons that were added in this mod, give me recoil errors... It says the weaponsname then array not found...

It's fine for me, makes me shoot straight for once biggrin_o.gif , but I don't know if it's only me and if It is how do I fix it? I am still using Arma version 1.08

Awesome job!

I dont like playing ArmA without this mod. thumbs-up.gif

Well said. Great job Snake & Co.

One question though.... Is there a .pdf manual/readme that came along with v1.4(s)? I thought I remember saving a XAM .pdf to my Desktop sometime during my installation/setup. Unfortunately, I can not find it any where. I've come to the conclusion that I must have only imagined this so called .pdf manual.

Was there some sort of manual that came along with v1.4? Anyone? Anyone?

I briskly checked past pages but, in my meager attempt, didn't see this discussed. If it was, my apologies.

For some reason All the weapons that were added in this mod, give me recoil errors... It says the weaponsname then array not found...

It's fine for me, makes me shoot straight for once biggrin_o.gif , but I don't know if it's only me and if It is how do I fix it? I am still using Arma version 1.08

Did you install the v1.4s patch also? If you did that may be the problem, just a thought. If you are only running v1.4, I can't provide any help. Sorry.

Hi!

Will XAM 1.4 work on on the normal ArmA that is NOT patched?

a friend is asking... wink_o.gif

will someone please post a fix to the: error?

i can't play xam b/c of this error.

will someone please post a fix to the: error?

i can't play xam b/c of this error.

Dont rename the @XAM1.4 folder smile_o.gif

forgive snake for not answering all your questions, but our english isn't so fluent...

concerning the 1.4 guide, the team is still working on it...

but you can have the main features in the 1.305 one.

by the way, you can post all your suggestions, questions, bug reports here.

I've just spent hours creating a mission with XAM and the British forces pack, yet when I go into multiplayer to load it, its not there.

But I can 'preview' it no problem in the editor mode.

Any ideas?

Anyone else having problems with airstrikes? I use a spotter to find the x/y coordinates and even double check with the sattelite image that the coords are correct, issue radio commands in styker to send GBU airstrike and every test run i have done with it the bomber misses target by about 200m.

Also its same with clusters.

situations this sound-scenery is overdone. I would prefer to have no random battlesound.

yep.

if you want to disable the ambient combat sounds , just unpbo the Xam_Engine .pbo and comment the proper entries in the init.sqs smile_o.gif

i disabled them too because they are audible even in not combat situations and it feels a little odd. But i left the ambient (no combat) sounds , they add much atmosphere especially in the woods , although the night one sounds pretty loud for my taste. Very beautiful the wind sounds though smile_o.gif

when i try to load a custom mission on the sakah al jawf map in the editor, i get a message saying that it is reliable on content that has been deleted.xam_whee, xam_chars

yep.

if you want to disable the ambient combat sounds , just unpbo the Xam_Engine .pbo and comment the proper entries in the init.sqs  :)

i disabled them too because they are audible even in not combat situations and it feels a little odd. But i left the ambient (no combat) sounds , they add much atmosphere especially in the woods , although the night one sounds pretty loud for my taste. Very beautiful the wind sounds though  :)

Fully agree.

Thxs for the hint to solve this headache.