Sign in to follow this  
snake22000

Xam 1.4 released

Is there a possibility to turn off the ambient combat sounds? Definitely annoying.

Besides this a very great work XAM team!! Will test more.

EDIT: There is no vehicle chatter in the russian tanks anymore!

EDIT2: Somehow I don't hear the vehicle chatter in American vehicles too. Although in another mission I heard it....

Very good!!: Works great with ArmAEffects and DMSmokeEffects!

1. always keep folder as "XAM1.4" otherwise errors.

2. This mod makes NIMS Weather mod unavailable, the error in my missions using NIMS weather suggests its missing, and its not, only get this with XAM1.4 ... 50 percent of my missions have used NIM so I cant play them with 1.4 sad_o.gif , how can I get around this?

(NIMS Weather mod pbo is higher priority and has never moved BTW and has worked fine until 1.4)

3. True mods NV Goggles, it now seems like this is ignored and its back to the original goggle (smaller) vanilla view, its priority over Xam1.4 ... if I simply change my -mod list xam entry back to "@Xam" (1.35) its showing no problems, why? To prove my point Bino's view is still good and its all in the same prority mod folder over Xam.

4. Even though I have downloaded the English (EN) install some menu items are still showing in french, like secondary weapon.

5. I have a combination of audio mods over XAM and some point to other pbo's and work great. I use a mixture of audio mods for my own use. Its still the same over priority of Xam1.4 but some sounds like AT fire and explosion default to XAM1.4's .. and ambient audio from FDF mod are gone which is really odd as I say all works great with 1.35 with my audio mod folder exact same priority over xam.

Maybe this links to tank audio in previous post too?

6. Main Menu, seems to throw a small error with True UI (I think this is causing it) and the rather nice splash pics that show on the main menu are a bit ugly when set to 16:9 as the black picture edges dont expand, (make the pics edges expand for widescreen view in next update).

Quote[/b] ]

Is there a possibility to turn off the ambient combat sounds? Definitely annoying.

.. I haven't tested this but I brought this up in the 1.4 video thread, if it cannot be turned off then for now I will stick with 1.35 all things considered (well until I play about more and see). I like night stealth missions, does this mean its stuck on even when you want silent? (I need to check it out but if anyone can confirm this would be helpful).

This all sounds negative but i'm just reporting it so its been reported basicly. Im open to pointers or suggestions, im not cup half empty ... but if anyone can think of reasons why as im a bit stumped .. nearly all of this is running mint with 1.35 and previous & its always the same mod order in my shortcut (apart from flipping "@xam" to "@xam1.4" and testing).

For the moment my main shortcut is firmly set to 1.35.

PS - its 1.08 and always has been, not even going to try the new beta patch = can of more worms LOL.

Okay what I did was copied everything to my own created folder just called @XAM and GoArmA launcher launched everything without a hitch. Odd that it doesn't accept period marks unlike ArmALauncher.

Anyway, as soon as it loaded I loaded up Sakakah and did some tests with the vehicles, weapons, etc. Guys you really outdid yourself on this one. Other XAM versions were fun, but 1.4 is fantastic! I haven't heard the combat sounds and the AI voices yet as I just tried in editor just by myself...but I know I'm going to enjoy it.

I did notice a few things, and if you wish me to, I can post this over at the forum there...

I think it is the M4's, the single shot sound is great, but the burst I cannot hear the shots, just impacts. At first I thought I did not have ammo and kept reloading only to realize it was loaded and shooting--I just couldn't hear it. tounge2.gif

And I am also suffering the same as some others here...when in tanks I no longer hear all the great radio chatter from previous versions. Was it taken out?

Other than that, so far so great. Thank you guys for putting so much passion and effort into this superb mod. One of the best birthday gifts I got today. notworthy.gif

[edit]~ Oops! I almost forgot (shame on me!wink_o.gif to thank you guys for putting in a M249 with the new sight on it. I have the biggest smile now biggrin_o.gif

Damn! Why XAM 1.4 pbo files aren't signed ??!!

Now I must again sign all files by myself, to enable it

on our server (And other servers, that are using 1stCav key)

:/

http://www.1stcav.pl/ftp/arma/keys/

Ok, listen up people!

I have made a server XAM.bikey file for server admins,

and all files from XAM 1.4 EN release has been signed

with that key!

All files (key and signs) you can donwload from here:

http://www.1stcav.pl/ftp/arma/keys/

I hope, that author of this mod, will sign all his future addons

by himself wink_o.gif

bin.pbo from 1.4S patch for 1.09 Beta also signed.

Same adress:

http://www.1stcav.pl/ftp/arma/keys

Same XAM.bikey server key...

I have the same problem with the weather. And all the buttons are yellow, idk if this was accidental but i dont like it. i also cant hear anything at all. i am almost positive i dont have any sound mods and 1.35 worked great for me.

I also can not load a single mission i made with 1.35. i have a lot of addons and the message always comes up with a different one. hopefully 1.4's compatibility will get as good as 1.35's was. really disappointing.

ok fixed the sound it had to do with the hardware accelerator, for some reason it wont work. but whats the deal with the ambient sounds. the way i understood it, that would be actually fighting in other parts of the island, not a tape.

the gun the cqb soldier carries has muzzleflash without firing.. XAM error huh.gif

Also got some string errors , but seperate from that this mod simply RAWKS

Great work XAM

Hi!

I have found something strange in settings hpp file:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// *******************************************************

// EXPLOSIONS QUALITY

// 0 > High Quality

// 1 > Low Quality

// QUALITE DES EXPLOSIONS

// 0 > Basse Qualité

// 1 > Haute Qualité

ExplosionsQuality = 1;

// 0 > High Quality

// 1 > Low Quality

Is this correct? Because I think that it should be 1 to high smile_o.gif

And other thing - how to enable volumetric clouds in MP games?

I have VolumetricClouds = 1; and it works great in SP, but

when I join to MP server, I have only standart, BIS clouds...

I have also tried to join XAM1.4 server (1stCav server), but

volumetric clouds doesn't appear...

Last thing is a request wink_o.gif

Pls, make signatures for XAM on next release whistle.gif

Thanks

I have a question. How put "NewView" to Xam 1.4 if I wanted to all works good. Becouse when I write -mod=@XAM1.4 -mod=NewView_2 in shortcut command line then I have a lot of error in game for example: no music and wallpapers in menu, no sound and music in game and more. Some ideas ?

Nice work guys.

A few things that didnt work for me/noticed:

1. Can't hear radio inside vehicles, even though i start it and adjust volume settings(checked in option menu as well)

2. as a gunner in the Cobra, i dont have the option to choose the Thermic vision(which is really really nice when u a pilot)

3.I was kind a hoping that some1 will fix this, when you get bad damage in the chopper/plane and its smokes all over the place, (but you still able to land) soon as you get out of the chopper/plane the smoke disapears. In my opinion the smoke should stick around for a minute or 2 maybe not as intensive when you engine is running, but defenatly be there and give and indication of your position.

4. I can hear the vehicle chatter  smile_o.gif

Fastroping? is it scripted or choose it from then menu?

Regards,<>Sharpy<>

2. as a gunner in the Cobra, i dont have the option to choose the Thermic vision(which is really really nice when u a pilot)

I confirm, I have also noticed it.

i cant hear the sound from m16 and some times the recoil disappears from all the weapons ... confused_o.gifconfused_o.gif

With some niggles I had heres an update ...

1. UI menu screen pictures looking ugly as they are not set for 16:9 and errors using 1.4 with TrueUI, and orange buttons etc.

... Created a folder "disabled" inside Xam1.4 'addons' folder and moved "IntroAnims.pbo" and "UI.pbo" .. now true UI etc work fine.

(I assume any UI mods will work then also, as long as they are priority over Xam1.4)

2. NIMS weather mod used in missions "missing" with xam 1.4 (even though its priority and not missing at all).

... Also moved "NIM_Weather.pbo" into the 'disabled' folder I created in xam1.4 'Addons' folder, then Arma will revert back to the original NIM Weather pbo you have in a mod folder and all will work again. Was a pain for me as 50 percent of my missions used it and would not load with 1.4's version.

3. *cannot sort out* .. True NV Goggles .. no matter what priority I place it, Xam 1.4 will use vanilla version ... anyone know what I can edit to revert to True NV goggles?

I also made sure that Init event handlers, were at highest priority in my mod list and actually moved the even handlers in Xam1.4 Addons to my "disabled" folder and went through other mods including the same file and removed ... that "seems" to have ironed out some DS Smoke mod issues, either way I can see what it all should have really looked like now 1.4 uses the event handlers .. nice job.

... I must admit the news maps are nice, especially the desert one with really nice ambient animal sounds etc, I haven't hit on the fighting ambience yet, but PLEASE make it able to be switched off if its fixed on.

Is there any XAM maps that come with it, or can you play any map with the XAM mod?

how can i disable in mission editor battlefield ambient sounds? im editing a stealth type mission and i need sounds of nature, not gunfires and explosions.

thx xmas_o.gif

I've looked everywhere, and can't find a damn thing on what this mod is ACTUALLY about? Its about page on its website was useless... "add multiple functions of Armed Assault"... such as?

Little bit more information about this mod please xmas_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]as a gunner in the Cobra, i dont have the option to choose the Thermic vision(which is really really nice when u a pilot)

I have found if you start a mission in the cobra as gunner you wont get that option, but if you start outside the cobra and then hop in as gunner it works.

This is a great mod and has made arma much more enjoyabe for me, one prob i have found though is the shilka firing sound, the ROF is ok but sound is in short bursts. Is it with this mod or 1.09 beta?

Anyway thanks alot for all the hard work making this. notworthy.gif

every download I have done of this from the official website

i run the installer after using password

I get a crc error from bad block

redownload again.... and same thing happens.... getting very annoying

I've looked everywhere, and can't find a damn thing on what this mod is ACTUALLY about? Its about page on its website was useless... "add multiple functions of Armed Assault"... such as?

Little bit more information about this mod please xmas_o.gif .

I found it just as hard as you to find out what XAM did.

<s>I'm in the same boat, I've been struggling since the release of XAM to find a list of what the hell this mod actually does. Apart from a few screenshots showing some re-tex'd units. Is there an actual changelog somewhere?</s>

edit: I've found a 12mb manual for download HERE (Armaholic). I'm d/loading it now and hopefully this tell me what the XAM threads fail to.

additional: It does give a feature list but only for v1.305 not 1.4.

Please reconsider the addition of the random ambient battlesound. In many

situations this sound-scenery is overdone. I would prefer to have no random battlesound.