Sign in to follow this  
gL33k

First person camera height too high ?

Yeah it's pretty stupid. A friend online points an M24 directly at your character's eye and it looks like it's pointed at your neck or something.

BIS screwed another little detail. Wanna make a list?

Yeah it's pretty stupid. A friend online points an M24 directly at your character's eye and it looks like it's pointed at your neck or something.

BIS screwed another little detail. Wanna make a list?

if you are going to bash BIS on something that you claim to be wrong, how about showing everyone one how smart you are and present something that suports your claim?

how about this?

35406405824.jpg35406405884.jpg35406405860.jpg

35406405895.jpg35406405811.jpg35406405858.jpg

if thats too difficult to understand, i can make you a diagram with little stick figures.

Nice demostration Dynamax, this issue have always been FPS games problem when u have different model to gun view and to the rest of world.

Nice demostration Dynamax, this issue have always been FPS games problem when u have different model to gun view and to the rest of world.

this is why i love ArmA and OFP.

they are the only two games the accuratly depict not only the player view over the weapon, but also the ballistic point of origin.

unlike all thoes other cookie-cutter FPS games where what you see is not really what is there.

a good example is any FPS using any of the many different versions on the Unreal engine, be it the RainbowSix series, COD series and many others.

these games have a centered camera that is offten placed on the neck or on top of the head of the player model.

when hiding behind cover, the player can shoot over that cover as long as they can see over it. that isnt how it should be at all.

these game have the shot(wont say ballistics because these games dont have any) point of origin set as the exact same as the player camera view center.

so even thoe the weapon may be compleatly blocked by the cover, they can still shoot over that cover like its not there. i call this the "eye level' exploit, since its hard for someone to shoot anyone hiding behind cover when the only thing that gets exposed is the tops of their heads.

in Arma and OFP just like in real life, you need to make sure that the weapon has a clear line of sight to the target and is not blocked by cover. so this make the player do exactly what happens in real life, that is that he must expose his body from behind cover to be able to fire his weapon. this is why CQC is so dangerous in real life.

if you are going to bash BIS on something that you claim to be wrong, how about showing everyone one how smart you are and present something that suports your claim?

how about this?

Well sometimes I make elaborate diagrams but sometimes I'm into more casual posting that seems more like discussion and less like a second job.

I'm fully aware that the optics and the barrel are not in the same place. The test I refer to actually relies on putting the tip of M24 barrel on the other player's eyelashes, as in the optics never enter the equation.

Well sometimes I make elaborate diagrams but sometimes I'm into more casual posting that seems more like discussion and less like a second job.

I'm fully aware that the optics and the barrel are not in the same place. The test I refer to actually relies on putting the tip of M24 barrel on the other player's eyelashes, as in the optics never enter the equation.

So you put the m24 barrel, floating in front of your face, somewhere were it looked like it should hit the other player in the eye, and yet it didn't?

So you put the m24 barrel, floating in front of your face, somewhere were it looked like it should hit the other player in the eye, and yet it didn't?

hehe, I love this topic, makes good jokes in Multiplayer when a M9 thats small in your hands, looks like a desert eagle when pointed at you in the same position. I'll put up a video of me showing this, and for the low bandwidth users, a series of two pictures.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=YP_O2JdCPrg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6411/untitlednu7.jpg

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7727/66878758wf4.jpg