Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Quarantine

yes, what im planning is a server selectable option for start population density (high,medium,low,infinite) which will up the densities of all the areas. Of course larger cities and towns will always been more densely populated then the middle of no where.

Each population will expand by 1 or 2 every couple of minutes (to simulate new victims falling to the hordes, and to give the zombies the chance to eventually retake the entire quarantine zone) to a currently undecided maximum population.

Like already mentioned once a population for an area reaches 0 no more new zombies will spawn in that area, and a randomly selected nearest population will send half of its population in a horde to retake the area every so often. (Inless all the nearest populations are also at 0 or below about 100.)

All thous guys are there to help decrease lag ironically. If you spawn new soldiers that weren't loaded up with the mission from the start Arma has to load up there models mid game causing some one off heavy lag. Same goes for weapons (hence all the RH weapon guys) I could of course just delete them all after game has started. But there is one or two units on that island which are essential and need to be there over entire course of the mission.

I guess they dont mind swimming? wink_o.gif You can place then around the visible mapborder far away from each other.

Sent you a pm about issues im running into.. Maybe your tied up.

Ok.. where to begin.

When 2 players are in the mission at the same time.. the one hosting the mission is paid twice for area missions and crash sites and the other isn't paid at all.

so the crash site and the eliminate area missions don't work correctly?

do they need to be on a dedi server or something?

Idk why this is happening, maybe you do.. if ya do, please let me know.. it's been makin us nuts for like a week now.

trying to figure out why we can't get paid. or one is paid twice and the other not at all.. ><..

Oh, just curious, but why do you have those men at base grouped to the officers? The ones at probability of presence 0?

are they necessary? what do they do?

Honestly.. I can't get a lot of things to work.

We have had to scrap a lot of things all together and just redo them, or remove them entirely..

prison, fining, payment, missions, respawns, body/vehicle cleanup, executions, convoy, boxarm, areamissions, crashsite missions.

like nothing is working right..

I even went to the 2.4 and 2.5 version originals and the results are the same.

You need a beta team badly bud.. someone help this guy out..

XD. you'd be helping me too..lol..

Anything i find.. I'll let u know.

I think i owe you all an apology for being absent for such a long time. Sadly i no longer have any time to even play Arma let along editing, so im afraid for the foreseeable future the project is on hold. Also it didn't help that my pc was busted for good couple of months. (hence why i haven't been around forums).

Of course you guys are more then welcome to rip apart my mission for own projects as always.

Cheers all,

Murphy.

Yes. I love this mission. After having the community help me to incorporate the TCP zombie animes I play all the time. It is so fun.