Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Quarantine

Ok i might release within the hour, i am just doing some final touches here and there and fixing the ammo box bug. Seems it was a lot more faffing around then it should of been to randomly arm an ammo crate. Doesnt seem that addmagazinecargo or addweaponcargo are global commands, which meant i have to publicvarible the results of the randomly armed box and use a publicvariableevent handler to broadcast it to all clients. Then i had to stagger the sending of the publicvariable for each crate on the map, (rather then having 100 odd eventhandlers for each crate) resulting in a lot of head aches.

However i do believe i have fixed the problem once and for all.

You guys *could* expect a release of v2.05 either today, or Wednesday (got work soon, busy Monday and Tuesday).

So fingers crossed.

Alright gents, heres what you been waiting for:

V.2.5 (mirrior please! )

FIXED:Players not being rewarded when completeing a mission if there inside a vehicle

FIXED:Radiation LOW zones now much larger, giving you a chance to take action before entering medium/high zones.

FIXED:Geiger counter sounds, again.

FIXED:Players not being rewarded for zombie kills if shooting them with vehicle mounted weapons.

FIXED:Survivours randomly being deleted from your group

FIXED:Eliminate # of infected mission not counting reliably zombies being killed in area

FIXED:Using Medkits would take away antirads

FIXED:No longer go into a 'heal' animation when using medkits or antirads if you do not have any left.

FIXED:Soldiers not remanning M2's when convoy was deliverd to mil.base.

FIXED:random ammo crates that you find in buildings not being stocked with a weapon and ammo and other weird stuff.

ADDED:Radiation now a server option.

ADDED:Land mines around military base that can be restocked via convoy.

ADDED:New "High" geiger sound - Thanks Ravenholm.

ADDED:New (Optional) ambient music - requires Quarantine_Ambient_Music.pbo addon to be installed.

ADDED:Border is now much more built up with sceneary and AI soldiers patrolling/relaxing. Now feels much more alive and immersive.

ADDED:Players can now 'Talk' to most AI soldiers in the military base and border.

ADDED:Players who kill fellow players within the border zone will be sentanced to death by firing squad.

ADDED:A small prison, players that end up here can talk to the AI convicts to pass the time.

ADDED:Players who kill friendly AI soldiers within the border zone will be sent to prison for 5 minutes.

ADDED:Players can now 'Call out' to survivours in the area. Players are then notified if they hear any survivours in the distance,close, or very close. Survivours that are very close will try to make there way to the player.

ADDED:You can now purchase Mercenaires, your group limit is 5 max.

ADDED:Zombies now have a random chance of hitting you to the ground.

ADDED:You can now sell unwanted vehicles for a marked down price, or sell salvaged vehicles from the quarantine zone.

ADDED:A repair kit, so you can now repair your damaged vehicles.

UPDATED:Survivours now spawn INSIDE buildings, rather then in the streets.

UPDATED: Antirads now take off 20% exposure.

UPDATED:Players map markers now become less accurate and delayed longer the further the player is away from the border.

UPDATED:Zombie unit cap has been increase to around 500, (from previous 144) so i have now increase the amount of zombies that spawn in each spawn zone.

Quarantine ambient music addon (optional) - 42.8 MB

Any plans on converting to other islands?

[hint]Uhao[/hint] tounge2.gif

Also, how'd you work around the zombie limit, or is there a new release I don't know of?

Thank you man notworthy.gif

Awesome once again.

Regards

Hi ! Very nice update, can't wait to try it smile_o.gif

May I ask what kind of music is included ?

Malick

@bhaz Yes there is, however i wish to get things stable and running perfectly (without any/little bugs) before i start converting to other islands. Otherwise it'll be a pain in the arese to update them all every time i make bug fixes and add new features.

And here in the yomies thread is where i explained how i overcame the 144 cap.

@Malick:The music is ripped directly from Fallout 2 game and 28 days later film. Its mainly ambient orchestral sort of music.

I love the new version, all the aditions are great and most of the bugs have been ironed out.. however when I host on a dedicated server I still find that clients occasionally have problems taking weapons and ammo from the crates. All in all though very nice mission, can't figure out why it's not as popular as Sahrani life, if not more.

Hmmm..... This mission always blows out my Zboard keyboard config. I have to save/abort/restart arma/resume mission to get it back. Also I can never get my initial weapon purchase to load bullets. For example I buy a USP and the USP mags but my counter always shows zero so I can never load a magazine. No matter how many times I restart/start new mission. I have had both of these even with the earliest versions of Quarantine. I chalked it up to a bug in the mission but it has happened still in the newest version. Something is amiss. Nothing else in ArmA or any other game has done this. I have even totally blown away my ArmA installation but to no avail. It happens even with or without any mods.

What is in this mission to make that happen consistently? Anyone else with a Zboard MERC?

P.S. If I quit out of Quarantine and go into another mission everything returns to normal. Weird.

Anyone else with a Zboard MERC?

I have the original ZBoard (USB edition) and I haven't had any problems. I can't really think of how a particular mission can affect hardware, unless the mission had thousands of units. The only problem I've had with the ZBoard is unresponsiveness after changing keysets, nothing a restart doesn't fix.

Yes there is, however i wish to get things stable and running perfectly

Makes sense, nice work on 2.5 btw smile_o.gif

Also I can never get my initial weapon purchase to load bullets. For example I buy a USP and the USP mags but my counter always shows zero so I can never load a magazine. No matter how many times I restart/start new mission.

This is actually not Murphy's fault - in RH's weapon descriptions it says, for instance, that the Beretta (32..whatever) can use USP mags. Which it might be able to, but at least not the smaller ones (costing $30 in Quarantine). I think the problem lies in there being two USP mags - one for $60 and one for $30 - the one for $30 ONLY works in one of the USPs (the original one, not the Match one, I think) - the other mag might work in the USP Match and the Beretta, I don't know. Anyway, chalk it up to poor descriptions and bad naming conventions. Not this mission's fault, anyway smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

The cheaper mags don't work in USP. If you buy a USP you have to use the 60$ mags.

No idea why/how my mission could screw up your Zboard (what is that?) keyboard config. I wasn't even aware Arma missions could do that.

As for magazine descriptions heres a list from RH weapons readme:

Quote[/b] ]Weapons: Mags:

RH_deagle 7Rnd_50_AE

RH_Deagleg 7Rnd_50_AE

RH_Deagles 7Rnd_50_AE

RH_mk22 8Rnd_9x19_Mk

RH_mk22sd 8Rnd_9x19_Mksd

RH_mk22v 8Rnd_9x19_Mk

RH_mk22vsd 8Rnd_9x19_Mksd

RH_usp 15Rnd_9x19_usp

RH_uspsd 15Rnd_9x19_uspsd

RH_uspm 12Rnd_45cal_usp

RH_m1911 8Rnd_45cal_m1911

RH_m1911sd 8Rnd_45cal_m1911

RH_m1911old 8Rnd_45cal_m1911

RH_m93r 20Rnd_9x19_M93

RH_m9 15Rnd_9x19_M9

RH_m9sd 15Rnd_9x19_M9SD

RH_g17 17Rnd_9x19_g17

RH_g18 19Rnd_9x19_g18 , 33Rnd_9x19_g18

RH_mk2 10Rnd_22LR_mk2

RH_tt33 8Rnd_762_tt33

RH_vz61 20Rnd_32cal_vz61

RH_tec9 30Rnd_9x19_tec

RH_muzi 32Rnd_9x19_Muzi

Also note i have found out how to intercept and change descriptions within SPON_Money (which is how i changed mercenary names and red white and yelllow flares to medkits, anti-rads,and repair kits.) so in next update i will make sure to change a few of the magazine descriptions so there easier to pair with the appropriate weapon.

Quote[/b] ] I still find that clients occasionally have problems taking weapons and ammo from the crates.

Yea it might still be a bit unreliable but at least it actually works most the time now, and also you no longer get a massive list of SLA weapons in the crate.

Cheers for the feedback as always all. So no one found any major bugs yet? This must be a first! ill eat my hat if there isn't any.

haha, you can talk to dead soldiers. after that you get a script error and the body disappears

I have the latest mission on my server if anyone wants to try it out. (Filter by "RIT 1.14" and you should find it.)

Hi ! I like the new version.

I had some troubles though : it gave me an error with RH_deagleg_soldier and I didn't have any RH pistols when I wanted to buy some. Strange, as I had the addon in my folder. No crash, though.

The populated safe zone is way better, but I would love to see it further improved.

- Bank and shops : it might be nice to have an invicible clerk to talk to, instead of clicking on the flag pole. Or, a static computer on a desk, which would display the dialog when clicked on.

- I had terrible performance in the safe zone, due to the increase in population. It's nice, but I guess it can be optimized with static objects and slightly less soldiers (knowing that each of them has an action attached to).

- There was a blackhawk circling the town : is it going anywhere or just randomly moving ?

- Would it be possible to have a counter, keeping track of how many survivors have been taken back to the safe zone and how many Z have been killed ? Let say the island used to have 25000 inhabitants, the initial infection killed half of them. There are 12500 people left of the island, 10000 zombies and 2500 survivors. Would show the progress of the fight.

Great mission ! I saw one or two servers playing it, but didn't have time to join. I really look forward to trying that mission online smile_o.gif

Malick

Anybody else find that once the zombies start attacking the base they never stop?

I've set the interval to 25-30 mins which gives you chance to pick up a few survivors on the way, and the attack duration to 3-5 mins. But once they start attacking they never stop!

EDIT: I still cant work out what is causing my game to freeze when I open the out post store, I have disabled all other mods with no change. It only effects the out post store and never the greenzone store, which is odd don't you think?

howd you manage to make the gunners get paid for killin zombies D? let me know im trying to figure it out ><

@holtmart

Will look into it! Of course ideally i would not want players to go around killing all the AI soldiers in first place, but hey, we all know what people are like!

@Malick

Quote[/b] ]I had some troubles though : it gave me an error with RH_deagleg_soldier and I didn't have any RH pistols when I wanted to buy some. Strange, as I had the addon in my folder. No crash, though.

Thats strange, it sounds like you didnt have the addon installed, but if you did that is indeed very strange. are you sure you had it in correct mod folder (if your using any)

Quote[/b] ]Bank and shops : it might be nice to have an invicible clerk to talk to, instead of clicking on the flag pole. Or, a static computer on a desk, which would display the dialog when clicked on.
I have considered this for a while however its impossible to make a unit invincible inless you use an addon. There is a unit you can access via createvehicle that is a man in a suit and is invincible thou, but do you guys thing it look odd buying weapons and used cars from a smartly dressed man? especially at the military base (plus they cant be invincible there since the yomies wont be able to kill them and they'd all just pile up around them.)
Quote[/b] ]- I had terrible performance in the safe zone, due to the increase in population. It's nice, but I guess it can be optimized with static objects and slightly less soldiers (knowing that each of them has an action attached to).

Personally i only had a slight decrease in performance but i will certainly look into cutting down the soldiers a bit more.

Quote[/b] ]There was a blackhawk circling the town : is it going anywhere or just randomly moving ?

Nope just circling the town to add to atmosphere.

Quote[/b] ]Would it be possible to have a counter, keeping track of how many survivors have been taken back to the safe zone and how many Z have been killed ? Let say the island used to have 25000 inhabitants, the initial infection killed half of them. There are 12500 people left of the island, 10000 zombies and 2500 survivors. Would show the progress of the fight.

It certainly would be possible to have a counter displaying number of killed zombies and rescued survivours. This suggestions just sparked an idea or two in my head, cheers. Maybe a server option so you could choose how many infected there are to kill intill the mission is considered 'won', ranging from Unlimited to 25k infected. (and of course every where in between). Every time a player or friendly AI (soldiers and survivors) are killed it will add to the total number of infected.

@Narc

Thanks for the PM again about what you found with the game freezing, i have informed spooner of your problems also.

As for the zombies constantly attacking, ill look into it.

@David.B.

Well since you already pmed me about it saying you've worked it out thats great!

But if any one else is wondering its just simply a case of finding the 'gunner' of what killed a unit with a killed event handler rather then just using 'This'. Since the gunner will refer to (obviously) the gunner of a vehicle that killed the unit, or the unit its self if it isnt in a vehicle.

@holtmart

Will look into it! Of course ideally i would not want players to go around killing all the AI soldiers in first place, but hey, we all know what people are like!

well i dont kill the soldiers, the zombies do.

@holtmart

well i dont kill the soldiers, the zombies do.

Ah of course! sorry. We ill look into it but doesnt seem to much of a big deal.

Works going to be slowing down ALOT of lately because i am preparing to go back to college (gotta do 20 drawings before 21st of aug crazy_o.gif ) and of course i work nights in a super market, meaning ill be either sleeping, in college, or working. And any free time will be spent either down the pub or up the girlfriends. (yes i do have a social life.*shock! wow_o.gif )

Speaking of my college and my Art career (or lack of one)! Buy some my art, yo!

Any way back to the mission:

I been getting complains of a few bugs like weapons randomly being removed and such. I have done a few quick fixes that will hopefully fix these issues, seems one or two scripts where executing globally rather then locally, even though iv already added safe guards against this it seems it wasnt enough.

I am now considering adding a quick new feature zombie/survivor/player death counts so you can keep track of whats been going on over entire game. And possible a server selectable zombie kill limit, So for example you could set it to 2000, then players must kill 2000 zombies to clear out the quarantine zone and 'win'. (course it most prob be larger numbers)

I might even expand this into individual towns, each town having a population, once eliminated no more zombies would spawn in the town. Of course for every non zombie unit to die it will add to the population of said town it died in. Then server options could be:

"Zombie Population: Infinite (default),small,medium,large" and all the populations of the town will be scaled accordingly with a simple marker over each town display current zombie population.

Hey ! I'm glad you liked the idea of the counter.

It would add even more atmosphere to the game, if this information would be accessible only at a specific place, in the safe zone or by talking to soldiers.

"It's a hell of a fight. At least 50 guys have been killed, for 200 survivors saved. Intel says 2200 zombies remain, no one knows how many survivors are still out there."

This intel could even be bought ? This way, you could implement the 'survivors per zone or town' idea. And players would get/buy intel to soldiers or other place, in order to know where the Z are or where survivors are. Players could have an 'intel' rating, that they can increase by buying specific information, so that the precision of the numbers is better.

The mission could end when all survivors are in the safe zone or when all/most Z are really dead wink_o.gif

Brainstorming : OFF

Malick