Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Quarantine

If you use the "INFINITE" or "REPEAT" setting in the marker, won't the zombies keep respawning?

Though I think you might need a smaller map or the zombies would probably be spread out way too much.

I actually tried converting Quarantine to La Samula for me to mess around on and I found that the current zombie system was very laggy, so I put in Yomies (which was quite simple IMO) and I still need to test it more. I also tried the 572 zombies thing, but I haven't fully tested that either. I might get a chance later today.

OK did some testing and at last count I had 689 Yomie kills!

Got some wierd lag I think its the way the bodies are deleted so I will try a body remover script to see if it helps. Also need to go into the config after I get the ok to see if I can get some of the Yomies to walk all the time.

Looks good and I might go for a full Yomie switch. They also come with great sounds for background.

Will keep everyone posted. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I thought so!!!! I have never been able to verify that but I'm sure I had quite some stats after 4 hours with a friend in MP. We had the MP-table disabled so we didnt know how many, but it was many... 4 hours zombiekilling.

Good to know its braked, 572 was a theoretical nr I never verified.

Well with what little free time i have lately i been messing around with DAC and NEM_Zombies. I've almost over come the prone problem by using a looping .sqs to constantly tell the zombies to stand up. This method however may cause lag in MP with the constant looping. Now in my test mission with just zombie spawning DAC triggers, performance isnt too bad even thou im now running my PC on 512MB RAM after loosing half of my RAM earlier in the week.

But when i try to implement DAC into my mission it halts to a slide show confused_o.gif

Might try out your guys Yomies spawning method soon.

Great mission! And if you leave the server and rejoin it, you will spawn back in at the point you left. That's sweet. Anyone an idea how to keep your money? Is it a setting or more complicated?

] @ Jan. 21 2008,08:01)]Great mission! And if you leave the server and rejoin it, you will spawn back in at the point you left. That's sweet. Anyone an idea how to keep your money? Is it a setting or more complicated?

Im afraid its a little more complicated to implement something like that, and far beyond my abilities.

And as for the next update its currently on hold as i haven't got the time lately to work on it.

I used and modified the Coop essentials package from myke13021.

The method i used is pretty unstable, and i am having loads of problems trying to get zombies to work properly with DAC and now experimenting using Yomies and there built in spawing method with the tweaks to brake the unit limit discussed earlier in this thread by others.

However as always real life is taking up most my time so don't expect another update for a long while.

Ok guys iv been working most the day with playing round with Yomie zombies. Using the built in functions and spawning system iv managed to get the zones to function as they do with current system, spawning zombies when a player enters, then deleting them when player exits, although now its a lot simpler and faster to set up, and more reliable. Iv already striped out my old spawning system and implemented this into the mission and it all works dandy in SP, real test will come in MP. I also suspect the number of zombies spawned in each zone will need to be tweaked.(currently iv kept the amounts pretty small and modest)

Now ill have to look into seeing if i can modify the spawning scripts so they can spawn civs for rescuing too.

Hopefully what i hear from you guys the unit cap is now broken and zombies wont stop spawning after long game time.

Apart from today i doubt much will be done over course of this week so don't hold your breath.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Thanks D.murphy man!! All your efforts are not going to waste. We know how much time it takes and thank you for all your hard work.

When your done with this maybe you can help me with some of my lame missions. I need objectives and stuff added to them. For now its just drive from town to town clearing them out and it gets real old.

Hey again guys, just a quick progress update.

*Civilians (survivors) are now spawned using the Yomie spawning system, was pretty simple to integrate and works fine!

*The yomies also now attack to survivors as well as you.

*Survivors now have no problems following you or your orders.

*Survivors are now spawned and randomly equipped with small arms (RH pistols) and occasionally an AK or MP5 to protect them selfs.

*Outposts around the military base have been removed due to problems with yomies not attacking them properly. Seems they get easily over whelmed and confused when too many targets are in the area causing them to stand still and do nothing.However the main military base is still there and still gets randomly attacked every 5 to 10 mins (might be changed) and can still get over run by zombies.

*Dynamic time and weather is now implemented. 2 hours = 1 game day. (Thanks to doolittles batch'o'scripts over at OFPEC)

*randomly generated cars are no longer in. Not sure weather i will be implementing them again or just use editor placed ones instead.

*Still getting strange performance issues. Some times mission runs fine other times the performance dips and gets laggy. Not entirely sure whats causing this as it happens even when no zombies have been spawned, it could just be my computer so will have to wait in till i release the next version and get feedback.

And speaking of release, expect a beta in the coming days, possibly tomorrow.

Cheers!,

Murphy.

Good Evening smile_o.gif

Concerning this:

Quote[/b] ]*Outposts around the military base have been removed due to problems with yomies not attacking them properly. Seems they get easily over whelmed and confused when too many targets are in the area causing them to stand still and do nothing.However the main military base is still there and still gets randomly attacked every 5 to 10 mins (might be changed) and can still get over run by zombies.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Yomies, but it seems to be present with a lot of the zombies out right now. There seems to be some sort of trend with setting Zombies to "Careless" stance. I'm not sure why this is, but what's better is "setunitpos "up"" and "setbehaviour "careless"". The advantage here is they won't to keep formation in CQB enviroments smile_o.gif

hey bro keep up the good work i love your mission

peace

any progress? oh and there seems to be a problem with all zombie addons. after a while they will stop chasing you and just walk around randomly. also happens if they spawn without any targets in sight

We just tried this LAN (2 player, just a test) and I dunno if these are true bugs, but here goes:

1) if you put a guy in a truck and drive to the base and try to collect your reward, they are not removed from the truck, they stay there forever.

2) We both died at the base to the west and we respawned. We then made a run for the base again to get some more military weapons. However, no more zombies spawned and we got bored. We then shot up vehicles and lo and behold, we got money for each "kill" and the message popped up saying we were killing zombies for $50 each.

Otherwise, it's a great mission! We love it!

We just tried this LAN (2 player, just a test) and I dunno if these are true bugs, but here goes:

1) if you put a guy in a truck and drive to the base and try to collect your reward, they are not removed from the truck, they stay there forever.

2) We both died at the base to the west and we respawned. We then made a run for the base again to get some more military weapons. However, no more zombies spawned and we got bored. We then shot up vehicles and lo and behold, we got money for each "kill" and the message popped up saying we were killing zombies for $50 each.

Otherwise, it's a great mission! We love it!

1- yes thats a bug, i notice this myself recently and completely forgot about it intill you mentioned it! thanks for reminding me, shall be fixed in the soon to be released update.

2-did you mean no more zombies spawned at the military base? or just no more zombies spawning any where at all on the island? which ever it was it doesnt matter now since i am using new zombies and new spawning system, which will need testing in the next update, as for vehicles giving you reward, thats been fixed also.

Sorry guys i haven't released the next update yet, i got unexpectantly distracted and sidetracked over last day or two and couldn't work on polishing the update off.

Hopefully it shall be released later on today after i finish a few things up providing everything goes to plan.

Well I sat down last night and played myself for a while to try and clarify the zombie thing. What I think is happening is vehicles are spawning instead of zombies.

For the first hour or so the game is going fine, but after a long while the vehicles start piling up. Some are randomly destroyed from time to time, but overall they just accumulate. After a while that's all that's left anywhere I check, piles of cars and trucks. The zombies stop spawning at that point.

It might be a resource thing, too many units after over an hour of play so it won't spawn any more. I tried destroying a few cars to see if the zombies would come back but i can't destroy enough of them quickly enough before more spawn in their place.

But it's an easy way to get $50 per kill, I just take out the vicious zombie cars. wink_o.gif

*drum roll...*

Version 2

(yea i know i skiped a few versions 1.5 was meant to be DAC conversion but i didn't release it since i wasn't happy with it)

ADDED-dynamic weather and time, 2 hours = 1 day

ADDED-now Yomie zombies are used, they will follow you over bridges, into buildings and up ladders. No where is safe to hide.

ADDED-survivors are no randomly armed with a weapon to protect them selves

ADDED-Hosts and admins can now choose veiw distance, and starting bank account in the lobby before game starts.

FIXED-zombies now attack survivors.

FIXED-survivors now follow orders and follow the player

FIXED-survivors now disembark vehicles when being 'saved' at refugee camp/evac pad and then deleted (before they would still be inside a vehicle after being 'saved' )

FIXED-All the damn lag, hopefully.

FIXED-civs and vehicles no longer give kill bonuses

FIXED-Brought URALS no longer full to brim with ammo and equipment that could be sold for profit.

FIXED-occasional debugging errors

CHANGED-vehicles are now placed all over the island from the beginning, no more random spawning of vehicles as you enter a town or city.(gives more incentive to buy vehicles as the abandon ones in cities soon run out)

CHANGED-new spawning system. Now more reliable and stable.

REMOVED-Outposts around the military base have been removed due to problems with yomies. Maybe return in future updates in some form or another.

REMOVED-KAOS Zombies are no longer used. and thus not needed to play this version.

Linky!

Now requires:

Yomie Zombies

As well as RH Pistol pack.

KAOS_Zombies no longer required.

Enjoy!

*Front page also updated* (check out my mad photoshop skillz yo' ! tounge2.gif )

F*CK YEAH! thanks bro im gonna play it and try to find bugs.

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.kaos_zombies_fast"

Hmm strange, i even made sure to open up the mission sqm and delete Kaos_zombies since they aint used any more. Will check it out!

edit:

Right well seems that i didnt delete 'Kaos_zombies' out of the addon needed in the sqm. So ive just made up a new zip with the updated mission file :

http://rapidshare.com/files/93814148/Quarantine_V2_BETA.zip.html

Will update front page with new link shortly

I tried this for about 20 minutes on my own and I have to say, great improvements! I find this one much harder as the zombies are not in tight groups and run around at random. Much harder to survive!

I will give this a try with some friends in a few days, I think they'll be impressed.

Great job!

any servers up with this yet? (for 1.09)

Played for a few hours today coop, after a while, you still don't get any zombies. I should be running from hordes, but they spawn in threes and fours, and eventually, not at all. It's a real showstopper, it usually happens around nightfall, when things should be getting really tense.

Also, it seems very difficult to rescue survivors, because they spawn with zombies, and are usually too far to save before they get killed. Maybe you could spawn them in groups, or use an action at a designated building to spawn them?

Rifles also seem very expensive, but there were never enough zombies or survivors spawned to save enough for one, so I shot a guard and took his M4 instead. Also, once you get a rifle, you never need to use a pistol again, so maybe you could get rid of the pistol pack requirement, as it doesn't add much, and might discourage new players who aren't sure about addons yet.

And finally, after a while you just get bored of killing zombies. Maybe add some objectives, or side missions? Eventually, you just end up trying to run over zombies with a truck, until that stops being fun, too. And how about some zombie attacks, especially at night? There should be more troops at the border, and maybe some searchlights or patrols into the quarantine area. Gets really boring if you're the only things moving in there.

It's still a great start, though, and the only zombie mission I've played that works (For a while, anyway).