Sign in to follow this  
rpg73

Ww1 mod

you should change the name of your topic. It looks like an addon request thread. Also, check out the 02 editting forums from the bi forums root. You might find help / answers in there!

hmm what language are you native of? I'm sure some one who speaks the same language will be able to help you better on theses forums. Just trying to help. Some one will eventually help you.

Hello RPG73,

I guess you are french. The WW1 setting is a very good one and fits quite well the capabilities of ArmA.

Your models look good. The 75 looks a bit too big and the front wheel of the FT17 seem really too large. But, I have no reference in front of my eyes, so it's just my opinion.

You may find some help from modders/addon makers that worked on WW2 : they may help you with scripts, configs, textures and modelling. Between 1918 and 1939 the weapons and uniforms only slightly changed, so you may find some models have already been done.

One thing will lack, but it's an engine limitation : trenches. They can be done with objects, but AI have a hard time moving around and in them.

Good luck with your project ! And Welcome to the forums smile_o.gif

Malick

...the front wheel of the FT17 seem really too large. But, I have no reference in front of my eyes, so it's just my opinion.

I think the cause of that is that the front idler is missing on

the model. The distinctive "lie" of the Renault's tracks are thus

not captured very well. It's easily corrected though. The little

Renault is an interesting tank. The most high-tech weapons

system of its day and the tank that saw most combat action

in the inter-war years.

I really like WW1 - shame that ArmA won't handle [most of] it

particularly well.

sorry for my language and thanks for you comments, the ft17 track was a little big because i have a bad setting of my screen, and yes, the 75mm gun was not at the good scale, i work to become this addon more realistic. thanks.

here a ww1 long range gun "grosse bertha":

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404....ttp

Jah Baby!

Really amazing this Model i think.... (ok I am a nonpro in that)

The WW1-Szenario would take me too.

Nice to see something is happening in this direction..

WW1, and the KoreanWar would shine in ArmA in my perhaps lonesome opinion.

All my positive Chi to ya...

hi, just a wip of my 75 mm gun with ammo supply...

and happy new year 2008 !!!!

sanstitreyk8.th.png

sanstitreyk8.th.png

Hi,

I think you may create a topic on a french forum like Arma-fr.net or armedassault.fr .

There are a lot of very good moders who can help you and so a lot of guys interested about your work !

Edit: Ok ok, it was a typo mistake! I know that's impossible from a native english speaker, but i'm french and it's not easy for me.

and so a lot of gays interested about your work !

crazy_o.gif

I think he mean guys...not gays

I hope it mad_o.gif

BTW: interesting staff smile_o.gif

Hi,

I think you may create a topic on a french forum like Arma-fr.net or armedassault.fr .

There are a lot of very good moders who can help you and so a lot of gays interested about your work !

48h PR for that last line and the flaming comment it contains.

Take the time to get familiar with our forum rules which you accepted as you signed up.

Pretty nice looking stuff so far, I'm sure you'll be able to find all the help you need. thumbs-up.gif

BTW, I really believe it was a typo--a bad one at that. Makes more sense than being nice and suddenly flame at the end out of the clear blue. Probably didn't realize the type...well till now probably. rofl.gif

If he/she isn't a native English speaker, it happens, heck even with native English speakers. Heaven only knows the weird and uncomfortable spelling errors I've made in my time. crazy_o.gif

Anyway, good luck on your project mate. smile_o.gif

BTW, I really believe it was a typo--a bad one at that. Makes more sense than being nice and suddenly flame at the end out of the clear blue. Probably didn't realize the type...well till now probably. rofl.gif

If he/she isn't a native English speaker, it happens, heck even with native English speakers...

I'm pretty sure it's a typo mistake, and didn't take the time to read his post again. I know him through his posts on the ArmA-Fr.net forum, he's a native french speaker (as myself) so might not have realized the mistake and its potentially flaming meaning... anyway I sent him a PM on the french forum, i hope he will come to explain himself.

Due to my studies, i made a break during a long time, now i come back ^^. this is a work in progress of a german MG08:

mg08ld4.jpg

I didn't know if 2000 polys is too much for an mg in arma, somebody could tell me the good number of polys for an mg?

thanks MehMan smile_o.gif . I go to add more feature ^^.

A work in progress of a ft 17 light tank :

ft17scrfy8.jpg

I will had traks and add to the game, thats will be not easy ^^.

a little upgrade:

ft17v2mx5.jpg

thanks HxCxFxL, but they mod only on ofp, and i had ever contact us they want stay on ofp. Its there choice, but they have always realize an amazing work.

About the A7v's, yes i plan to make one ^^, but i want finish my FT17.