Sign in to follow this  
skypine27

Anyone else think royal flush stinks?

I just finished Rahmadi Conflict and I'm a bit confused. The point in ArmA's original campaign was that it seemed like the north were attacking the south for the hell of it and making up an excuse when really the south were murdering civilians and the north was actually telling the truth. Now in RC it shows the North guys killing civs for the hell of it and has basically completely confused me, like none of the whole "the ones you were helping that you thought were good were really bad" thing.

Am I missing something here?

Yup. See whether the following make sense:

The RACS/King Joseph The Liberator used the chaos of war to kill civvies from Cayo/Tiberia/etc. who had shown rebellious streak to the Kingdom in the pass. Before the war because there was a US presence he can't really do as he please. Even afterwards, the US forces didn't exactly know what had happened (they pushed too fast and left RACS to secure the flanks... with refugees from Cayo, Tiberia etc. butchered in the end if you read behind the lines in the AAN newscast) The US version of the ending does try to explain away the second-to-last mission, but it doesn't change the plot. Bottom line, the RACS-Civi thing is just an oppurtunistic thing, not a real cause of war.

The SLA has planned to invade the South but not necessarily due to humanitarian intervention. President Richadarz had been planning to invade the South for 2 years and nearly suceeded and used Rahmadi Island and Porto as a fallback just in case things go sour.  If he had delayed the invasion for 2 weeks to 1 month, the Southern Kingdom could have been easily routed (The Intro has it that US troops were already beginning to leave Sahrani). International help esp. from the US would not have mattered much - The US nearly lost the airport at Parioso and the amphibious flank which was the lynchpin of the SLA campaign (The RACS amphibious defence was utterly over-ran) and that's with US forces still present.

The QC and RC plot tied up everything nicely actually.