Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Ps 30000 px limitation

The command tools are just executables that live in the programs installation folder. You have to run them from the command prompt with appropriate options.

It took me a while to figure it out too, the documentation doesn't seem to bother covering such simple things.

edit: oh, the exact command I used was "montage", using the geometry option to prevent any borders being added.

Anyone running into errors trying to stitch large images using montage? Gives errors with image sizes over 10000 for me.. Works fine for lower sizes.

Anyone running into errors trying to stitch large images using montage? Gives errors with image sizes over 10000 for me.. Works fine for lower sizes.

I've tried trial versions of several professional image stitchers and every single one ran out of memory, perhaps the same issue here?

I found a solution, but ArmA's performance is quite poor at 50000+ pixels. A lot of drive thrashing\stuttering as the textures are loaded.

Playing with segment sizes might cure this, but I haven't been able to investigate further.

How about CS3 ?

I'm d/ling that now.

Coreldraw is able to handle the really big pictures, downthing is, you have it in .cdr format, havent figured out to convert to png yet.

But thinking of using 30.000 x 30.000 pic on a 40960 x 40960 m island, this will give me a resolution of about 1.3 meters a pixel, thats not bad i think.

I will give a shout if i found some else to handle the big ones.

Later,

Allie

Really have a try with that " Google Maps Images Downloader"

You have to buy probably, to get it to work for the high detail, but it does work.

It creates BMP files so again after using this programm you again have to glue these created big bmp's together.

But to create a island of 40Km's its just 16 pics you have to glue together, instead of 40 x 40 pictures = 1600

This is the tool you want, the free version allows you to do all, but not the really high detail.

http://www.aaaasoft.com/gmid/

I'm using CS3, same 30 000 x 30 000 PNG restriction.

It's easy to circumvent though. Save out as multiple files and stitch separately.

Software that stitches panoramic photographs works great. Specifically, the mosaic, or flat stitching feature (since no lens correction is required).

I've had no luck with Google Maps Images Downloader. It freezes or crashes out after creating the download list.

A solution is to use a browser window spanned across 3 monitors at a very high desktop resolution (I use 5760 x 1200). This way when you print screen or region capture the areas are large and there's less work stitching in Photoshop.

Can't you guess that it's close to impossible to edit such files ? You'll get out of ram too soon wink_o.gif I guess sat mask have to be edited in pieces and merged afterwards

Can't you guess that it's close to impossible to edit such files ? You'll get out of ram too soon wink_o.gif I guess sat mask have to be edited in pieces and merged afterwards

That's what swap files are for.

Anything below 30000 is easily manageable with 3gig ram and a 64-bit OS. But yeah, working in sections makes everything go much faster.

For google maps images downloader, we probably have to buy sad_o.gif

I tryed the trail version and that works ok, tryed the special free version (lol) and indeed it crashes after 3 or 4 pictures, it downloads the list but not all pictures.

I will buy it, its just 29 $, business pays lol.

Will inform u guys about it later.

If it works ok, i'm willing to take some pictures for you guys, dont worry, i like to share and hate copyrights.

Later,

Allie

Bytheway, i found a way of saving a 40.000 pixel coreldraw .cdr file into an EMF file.

I think we have a EMF to PNG converter with visitor.

Haven't tryed it for real, but this might work.

Allie

update: sad_o.gif crap shit, forget it, no go !!!!

Oh yea, worth the money.

That Google Maps Images Downloader is great, fck, it created a 750Mb BMP image of a part of 10km by 10km of Bagdad, it took 5000+ pictures for it and combined them in 1 minute.

BMP size = smile_o.gif 15360 x 24576 pixels ( thats better then 1 meter resolution) ( i didnt finnish it, this just test, it would have become 24576 x 24576 pixels)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5098/bagdtestyy3.jpg

Its great, i bought it and then it does work !!!!!

Oh man, allie the sat pic man smile_o.gif

Later,

Allie notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

craaaap, they have the google terrain images downloader too, not gonne buy that, seems not high detailed enough.

But this is the only tools you need to make sat based maps for arma.

Later

Quote[/b] ]But this is the only tools you need to make sat based maps for arma.

But only if the area you want to make a map for has high res imagery. Many areas in Google Earth are low res, so check first.