Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Ww1 minimod

Completely agree with Fab. Can't wait to give it a try!

I was at the Gordon Highlander's Museum in Aberdeen today and there was some very interesting stories over the units history especially regarding WW1. For example there was an entire Company of students from the University of Aberdeen in the Regiment. Some really heroic stuff.

Once this is released I will try and make a mission for it based loosely off one of these accounts.

As someone who served with the RTR for ten years, I am looking forward to this Mod and rolling through the mud and the blood to the green fields beyond in a Mark IV.

Will the soldiers succumbing to the gas simply die and fall over or will there be an animation of some sort accompanying them?

Great work !!! I very like is Mark IV Tanks...

have your mod is ottoman soldiers ??

outdate time ??

Best Regards.

Some news : AEF (US) troops, the machinegunner wears a leather jerkin.

ww1usah7.jpg

Quote[/b] ]What happens if the unit doesn't have a mask?

Yes, they are taking some dammage until the mask is on. But in fact, every units do have gas masks, and as they aren't stupid, they put their mask on. But civilian units for example would die.

Quote[/b] ]Will the soldiers succumbing to the gas simply die and fall over or will there be an animation of some sort accompanying them?

Units are coughing and kneeling. The main prob is to provide the script from being launched several times on a single unit, even with a basic test (the unit is setcaptive as long as the script is running).

Nice american troops wink_o.gif

Would you be interesting in Sanctuary's multi-turret script system for your tanks ?

As usual, it can't work in MP game, but in solo game, it is very efficient.

Some USMC units, who fought very bravely in Belleau wood :

ww1usmc1uo7.jpg

ww1usmc2fq9.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Would you be interesting in Sanctuary's multi-turret script system for your tanks ?

As usual, it can't work in MP game, but in solo game, it is very efficient.

Hello SPQR, thanks a lot but those tanks are working quite well without any script, so i won't add a setposed turret.

Nice work there profT.

although i could be wrong, i reckon you should tilt the helmets backward a little bit, that would make it fit better with the anims, as most of them seem to have the head leaning forward (like that guy lying on the ground dont seem like he can see much with his helmet lining perfectly horizontal to his head if you see what i mean)

keep it up

Fab.

Look's good.

However, I thinnk it would be nice to see some change in the view when the gas mask is on; eg, a washed out look and visible scraches/dirt. Also, will there be aircraft? I know there's a good sopwith cammel from BI out there, some aircraft straffing units and dropping fachett's would be perfect! Maby a gothia and handly page?

Anyway, Is arty moded? It would make the difference when doing trench attack's ect, with creeping bararges and prolonged arty barrarges.

keep up the good-work!

@ TheJackle : about gas mask view, i duno how to implement it, it would be nice (maybe changing view pilot lod, if someone has an idea). About other topics, it has already been answered.

@ TheJackle : about gas mask view, i duno how to implement it, it would be nice (maybe changing view pilot lod, if someone has an idea). About other topics, it has already been answered.

You can make your own 'filter' by creating fake entry in cfgTittles. First of all, you have to make model in oxygen which will have standard screen proportions (well, I did it by trail and error so I can only assume it has something in common with sight models). Then, you just have to put texture on it. I remember, I saw one in Zombie Outbreak Simulation (google it)

put it somewhere in config

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgTitles

{

class RDS_Dead

{

name = "RDS_Dead";

model = "\inv_demo_data\blur.p3d";

fadein=25;

duration = 31;

camera[] = {0,0,-0.060000};

x=0;y=0;w=1;h=1;

sizeEx = 2.0;size = 2.0;

};

};

To initialize 'filter' type -

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cutobj ["RDS_Dead","plain",25]

you will have to change 25 at the end to, for example, 9999 - it's duration of filter

To end 'filter type -

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">titlecut["","white in",4] or white/black in/out as you wish

if you still don't how to do it here you have small example

Cheers

For every one who is interested in WW1 I found a documentation on youtube which is in color they made it with modern cpu technology it's amazing have a look (link is for part one of five)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9NSWyyxA3U&feature=related

Now I really can't wait to play your great mod ProfTournesol biggrin_o.gif

Is it possible that you use a dammage system, for the tanks, arti, and vehicles like the lib mod, hope you know what I mean ProfTournesol, that the vehicles burn out till the ammunition (especially tanks) will explode, not like the original BIS dammage where the shooted tanks look ahm.... weird tounge2.gif that would be very nice

Thanks a lot Reyhard, as always  tounge2.gif , i managed to create an inner view of the gasmasks (using the same colour than the mask "eyes") thanks to what you've said, and i added a breathing sound for the player when he's got the mask on.

So now, when the player put his mask on, he sees what you see on the picture (whatever camera view he uses) and he hears his breathe. The picture is very dark here because the weather is very bad and it's in the morning. But anyway it's not easy to fight with the mask on, that's what i wanted.

ww1gas4xr7.jpg

@HxCxFxL : very nice movies indeed ! About burning tank scripts, i'm not sure they are very realistic for WW1 tanks...the pictures of WW1 dammaged tanks that i've seen don't show them having burnt...

one another gift :

german A7 tank

a71iy9.jpg

Heej ProfT,

Your mod is indeed not mini anymore. biggrin_o.gif

But we have seen so many screenshots maybe you can make list of what we can suspect.

And what is on east, west or "res" sides.

Keep going the good work! smile_o.gif

@spad: inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

@ProfTournesol:yep you are right with the burn script but I thought something like, you know Tiger tank from the Italian WW2 mod ( http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7271 ) that there is a wrecked tank after you shoot it, not that shrivel wrack thing like in OFP biggrin_o.gif ( I know you are snowed under with work with your "mini mod", just an idea notworthy.gif )

Great work with the gasmask, really atmospheric, great notworthy.gif

Great work on that gas mask script!!

Prof, your right about WW1 tanks not burning, they generally broke down/got bogged down and where abandoned, without the tank being destroyed per-say. It would be useful to remember to allow the Germans to have the British MkIV's, re-skinned of course; noting that the majority of WW1 German 'armor' was actually captured Allied machines, manly obtained during the 1918 Kaiserschlacht.

Another little suggestion, can you make a script which reduces the players health when they have used/been in a tank, by about 1/3rd , to correctly simulate the effects of the poor ventilation and carbon monoxide poisoning caused by the central engine.

looks nice so far, keep going!

Quote[/b] ]Prof, your right about WW1 tanks not burning, they generally broke down/got bogged down and where abandoned, without the tank being destroyed per-say. It would be useful to remember to allow the Germans to have the British MkIV's, re-skinned of course; noting that the majority of WW1 German 'armor' was actually captured Allied machines, manly obtained during the 1918 Kaiserschlacht.

Please read previous pages of this thread...

Quote[/b] ]

Another little suggestion, can you make a script which reduces the players health when they have used/been in a tank,  by about 1/3rd , to correctly simulate the effects of the poor ventilation and carbon monoxide poisoning caused by the central engine.

looks nice so far, keep going!

At the moment, the script doesn't affect vehicle crews. Maybe later. But those kinds of ideas are always welcome.

Quote[/b] ]

Heej ProfT,

Your mod is indeed not mini anymore.  

No, it's the less we can say !! It delays the release, but it'll be quite complete (thanks to generous contributors like Spad).

Quote[/b] ]

one another gift :

german A7 tank

Thanks a lot Spad, we all love you, i'm working on it at the moment (config + textures etc.). Just duno where i'll put the "effective" MG ("Kulas" memory point) as it must be linked to the main turret which is the front canon (the sides and rear MGs cannot shoot).

Quote[/b] ]ProfTournesol:yep you are right with the burn script but I thought something like, you know Tiger tank from the Italian WW2 mod ( http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7271 ) that there is a wrecked tank after you shoot it, not that shrivel wrack thing like in OFP  ( I know you are snowed under with work, just an idea   )

Yep, it'll demand some more work... and create lag (createvehicle/camcreate command) after the vehicle destruction...but why not, i like the idea.

About what's left to be done before the beta release :

At least :

(1) Finish A7V

(2) Make ANZAC infantry (please someone tells me what main distinctive elements differs from the standard British uniform, for Australian and New Zealand soldiers. Including headgear, uniform colours, patches and insignas, NCO rank insigna, gear etc.). I can't figure out how i could make them. Don't gimme a link to an internet WW1 uniform site, post pictures of what you'd like to see.

(3) Make a German truck

(4) Make a British truck

(5) Make a British armored car

(6) Make a Russian canon

(7) Make an Austrian canon

(8) Maybe French colonial infantry

Any other ideas / suggestions ?

british armored car is for me

biggrin_o.gif

Aussie Uniforms

chappell02.jpg

1. Sergeant, 27th Battalion 7th Brigade 2nd Division AIF, 1918

1. Note the Anzac A on the colour patch.

2. Note the top fixed puttees over brown boots.

3. Note the private purchase folded cotton puggaree replacing the plain woolen issue version.

4. Note the rifle has it's canvas breech cover fitted.

5. Note the 4 blue overseas service chevrons on the lower right sleeve.

6. Note the all canvas webbing has replaced the earlier issued leather equipment.

2. Sergeant, Field Artillery 3rd Division AIF, 1918

1. Note the ribbon of the Military Medal

2. Note the leather leggings and leather bandoliers as worn by Field Artillery and Light Horse units.

3. Note the plain woolen puggaree.

4. Note the tunic has faded to blue-grey from the khaki as issued.

3. Company Sergeant Major (CSM), 1st Machine Gun Battalion 1st Division AIF, 1918.

1. Note the ribbons of the Military Cross (MC) and the Distinguished Conduct Medal (DCM) and the Military Medal (MM).

2. Note the combination of leather and canvas webbing.

3. Note that below the colour patch is the crossed Vickers badge of the Machine Gun Units. These were typically felt but in some cases metal ones were worn.