Sign in to follow this  
Benoist

Ghelicopter.sqs (beta-3) or fast-rope

After the HUGE failure of the first thread i decided to start a brand new thread. And i have my motives. We solved, yes people, we a have a functional fast-roping script!

Well, it doesn't work very good with enemy units nearby but RAVEN is working to solve the pluzze. At the end is the download link with the script, the addons and a demo mission (with the "EditorUpdate_v102" being just for the mission).

As you can see the rope's texture needs works, so if somebody is gentle a will update the addon with the proper credit.

GHelicopter.sqs (Beta-3)

MOTIVE:

Tired of searching and making (evac, cargo transport, insertion, extraction, and their different modality), I decided to add all (or at least some of them) the operations with helicopters in only one script.

SCRIPT’S CAPABILITIES:

The invocation it isn’t hard, but it’s a little tweky. You have to pay attention to the parametres:

Parameter-1:

Quote[/b] ]The name of the unit with the asigned task.

(Example: Helo1)

Parameter-2:

Quote[/b] ]Array with the unit's groups names who are going to be transported.

(Example: [GrpW1, GrpW2,...GrpW99])

Parameter-3:

Quote[/b] ]Array of the 3 elements which defines the behaviour in the sub-task of the platoon:

(Example1: [Helipad1, 30, false])

(Example2: [Camion, 0, true])

Parameter-3-1: Unit where the helicopter is going to go to extract the platoon.

Something normal to use is a invisible helipad but you can use a mobil unit,

The heli will move to it, even if it's moving.

Parameter-3-2: Number of seconds that the helicopter wait until the assigned unit come abord.

If it's zero, will wait indefinitely. If time has expired and the leader of the group

Is at least 100 meters, will maintain that position until address the group or

It is killed by the enemy.

Parametro-3-3: If it is true, the helicopter eject cans of smoke to cover the

Abord of the group.

Parameter-4:

Quote[/b] ]Array of the 3 elements which defines the behaviour in the sub-task of the platoon:

(Example1: [Helipad1, 30, false])

(Example2: [Camion, 0, true])

Parameter-4-1: idem to the parameter 3-1

Parameter-4-2: idem to the parameter 3-3 but at the moment of deploying the group (usually

LZ a "hot").

Parameter-5:

Quote[/b] ]Tipe of deployment of the transported group: (Values are: 0, 1 or 2)

0-Deployment in normal mode (altitude 0)

1-Deployment by rope (Rapel).

The helicopter arrives at the designated area, and deploys the group by ropes on the helicopter from

Stationary flight. Depending on the type of helicopter, it will use 1 or 2 cords.

2-Deployment by parachute

The helicopter arrives at a distance from the point of release (drop-zone) and acquires necessary altitude

To ensure the integrity of the group launched (> 150m). Then incorporates height and abandoned area.

3-Fast insertion

The helicopter will slow down and fly at 3 meters while the troops goes out, then the heli flies away.

Parameter-6:

Quote[/b] ]Name of the script that will run as soon as the insertion

of the group finish. (Combat, safe, etc).

You can leave this space blank.

Parameter-7:

Quote[/b] ]Array containing the names of the objects (usually logical units) used as benchmarks

to determine the approximate route of the helicopter on his way to the area of insertion(WPs).

Example: [uL1, UL2,....UL99]

But, if you don't put them in the mission editor the helicopter will fly directly to the LZ.

FUTURE DEVELOPMENT:

It will be able to portering in external slings artillery, light vehicles or cargo (ammo, etc.)

For now this works only for the UH-60, with the Mi-17 too but the rope don't apear in the door. And in the future if somebody realeses a UH-60 (or other helicopter) with both doors open, there will be 2 ropes.

It's recommended to be familiarised, and you have to be VERY curious in order to modificate (the invocation) so you will know how it works.

_

Demo Mission + Addons + Readme: http://rapidshare.com/files/75646619/Demo_Mission_Addons.rar.html

Enjoy!

And i'm sorry for the other thread, it was an alpha not a beta and it was very confusing.

the mission doesn't work , the choppers just stay above the helipads and do nothing huh.gif

im finding the same they reach the drop off point and sit for a minuite plus before droping off the troops by rapel.

the para drop and land insersion is like sh## off a shovel strait in strait out (works well)

bk1276

Yeap, it takes a little, it's one of the things that need to be solved.

Quote[/b] ]the mission doesn't work , the choppers just stay above the helipads and do nothing huh.gif

Really?

Damn, how much time do you wait?

One is the mission which goes in your profile's missions folder and the other are pbos which goes in you ArmA addon folder.

I'm not sure how the mods feel but I wish these kinds of 'Releases' were kept to the Mission Editing & Scripting board. Unless you're releasing something on the scale of Mapfacts DAC or COCs CEX and UA systems (just 2 examples). I don't care how good it is, it's still just a rappelling/insertion script. Imagine how clogged the boards would be if everyone 'released' their onmapclick arti or halo scripts. icon_rolleyes.gif

Also a youtube video of it in action would attract more customers.

I'm not sure how the mods feel but I wish these kinds of 'Releases' were kept to the Mission Editing & Scripting board. Unless you're releasing something on the scale of Mapfacts DAC or COCs CEX and UA systems (just 2 examples). I don't care how good it is, it's still just a rappelling/insertion script. Imagine how clogged the boards would be if everyone 'released' their onmapclick arti or halo scripts. icon_rolleyes.gif

Also a youtube video of it in action would attract more customers.

Thanks for trying to do our job, but we can do it on our own.

So in your opinion, everything below DAC or COC has no right to be mentioned here? Obviously the fast rope works, so the correct place is Addons&Mods:Complete.

Your flaming comments are unnecessary.

Thanks for trying to do our job

No worries, any time. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]So in your opinion, everything below DAC or COC has no right to be mentioned here?

No, that's why I said... "just 2 examples". I just don't get why in 6 years of OFP the A&M:C board rarely had these kinds of 'releases' and those it did get were moved to the ME&S board.

Quote[/b] ]Your flaming comments are unnecessary.

My comments were not intended to flame, they are an opinion only.

I have actually tested this 'addon' and it's very good, it does exactly what it says on the tin and I may even use it in a few missions.

<small portions of my opinion>

That doesn't change the fact I still don't think it should be here.

</small portions of my opinion>

When i gave this a test, I waited a long time, no repelling... went and took a shit and read a magazine, when I got back... STILL no repelling and all the guys where still in the chopper... no worky for me.

it works for me, i just speed up the time to 4 and then after 10 sec they start repelling.

BEnoist maybe im doing sumthin wrong. Could you explain to me. I put the mission.sqm in my missions folder but i cant find it to play. If i load into another map or in the editor i try normal blackhawks and the ones called transporter. But neither of them i can repel out of. huh.gif What am I doing wrong.

Nope, nothing new for now.

@DaChevs:

I really don't know, you put only the .sqm or the whole file?

Sorry for the late answer.

I remember the way OFP BAS UH60's did fast rope could be activated by people in the chopper (cargo/pilots). The chopper has to be hovering around 25altitude no faster than 15 mph in order for the action menu to show Fast Rope(insertion).

I hope this can help a little bit, make it more realistic so actual people can be pilots.

BAS_mah60 From OFP

FX folder:

- Stuff that might apply to FAST Roping

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;BAS Fast Roping script - TJ 2003

;KISS

_helo = _this select 0

_player = _this select 1

_units = _this select 2

_allcrew = _units

? (count _units) == 0 && ! (player in _helo):Hint format ["%1,\n\nNO UNIT WAS SELECTED TO FAST ROPE!!",name player];_helo animate ["switch1FRope",0];exit

_helo animate ["sidedoorl",0]

_helo animate ["sidedoorr",0]

#start

@ _helo animationphase "switch1FRope" ==1 || _helo animationphase "switch1FRope" ==0

~0.5

? _helo animationphase "switch1FRope" ==0:exit

?! (local _player):exit

? (count ((_units)-[driver _helo,gunner _helo])) == 0 && (player in _helo):goto "player"

Leader _helo groupchat "OK team, Standby for a fast-rope insertion."

;Get units in group to fastrope.

_array = []

"if (_x != driver _helo && _x != gunner _helo && _x != player && _x in _helo) then {_array = _array + [_x]}" foreach _allcrew

_allcrew = _array

~1

? (count _allcrew) == 0:goto "next"

player say "eng13"

#loop

? _helo animationphase "switch1FRope" ==0:goto "next"

;get the AI to rope out, one by one

[_helo,(_allcrew select 0)] exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\AIGO.sqs"

(_allcrew select 0) animate ["goggles",1]

~0.3

[_helo,(_allcrew select 1)] exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\AIGO2.sqs"

(_allcrew select 1) animate ["goggles",1]

_allcrew = _allcrew - [_allcrew select 0,_allcrew select 1]

~0.8

? count _allcrew !=0:goto "loop"

? player in _helo && driver _helo != player && gunner _helo != player: [_helo,player] exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\AIGO.sqs"

player say "eng20"

#next

Leader group _helo groupchat format ["OK, thats everybody, %1 Stand by!",driver _helo]

~9

? (local driver _helo):_helo animate ["switch1FRope",0]

exit

#player

Leader _helo groupchat "OK , Standing by for a fast-rope insertion."

~0.5

[_helo,player] exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\AIGO.sqs"

Leader group _helo groupchat format ["OK, thats everybody, %1 Stand by!",driver _helo]

~9

? (local driver _helo):_helo animate ["switch1FRope",0]

exit

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;BAS Fast Roping script - TJ 2003

;KISS

_helo = _this select 0

_allcrew = ((crew _helo)-[driver _helo,gunner _helo])

#start

@ _helo animationphase "switch1FRope" ==1 || _helo animationphase "switch1FRope" ==0

~0.5

?! (local player):exit

Leader _helo groupchat "OK team, Standby for a fast-rope insertion."

;Get units in group to fastrope.

_array = []

"if (_x != driver _helo && _x != gunner _helo && _x != player && _x in _helo) then {_array = _array + [_x]}" foreach _allcrew

_allcrew = _array

~1

? (count _allcrew) == 0:goto "next"

#loop

? _helo animationphase "switch1FRope" ==0:goto "next"

;get the AI to rope out, one by one

[_helo,(_allcrew select 0)] exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\AIGO.sqs"

~0.4

[_helo,(_allcrew select 1)] exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\AIGO2.sqs"

_allcrew = _allcrew - [_allcrew select 0,_allcrew select 1]

~0.9

? count _allcrew !=0:goto "loop"

player say "eng20"

#next

~10

_helo animate ["switch1FRope",0]

exit

;BAS helo fast roping script - TJ 2003

;KISS

_helo = _this select 0

_player = _this select 1

? (format ["%1",BAS_posArray] == {scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef}): BAS_posArray = [];BAS_addObject = loadFile "\BAS_MAH60\FX\addObject.sqf";BAS_remObject = loadFile "\BAS_MAH60\FX\remObject.sqf";BAS_writePos = loadFile "\BAS_MAH60\FX\writePos.sqf";BAS_readPos = loadFile "\BAS_MAH60\FX\readPos.sqf";

BAS_posArray = [_helo,BAS_posArray] call BAS_addObject

_helo groupchat format ["%1 STANDBY to lower ropes.",name _player]

#loop

_helo exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\Ropes1.sqs"

~0.6

_player groupchat format ["%1 STANDING BY.",name _player]

_vehic = "BAS_60fastrope" createvehicle [(getpos _helo select 0)+50, (getpos _helo select 1), 0]

~0.6

_player action ["GETOUT",_helo]

#check1

_ropePos = ([_helo,BAS_posArray,1] call BAS_readPos)

_startpos = [_ropePos select 0,_ropePos select 1, (_ropePos select 2)-4]

_vehic setpos _startpos

_player moveindriver _vehic

?! (_player in _vehic):goto "check1"

@ (getpos _vehic select 2) <=0.1

_vehic setvelocity [0,0,-2]

_player action ["GETOUT",_vehic]

_player setbehaviour "combat"

~0.1

_player playmove "combatrunf"

_player playmove "combattocrouch"

deletevehicle _vehic

~10

? (count crew _helo)<=2:_helo animate ["switch1FRope",0]

exit

If you need more, just un pbo it, don't think you have to make it from scratch.