Sign in to follow this  
shot

Arma mouse lag

Hi,

I am experiencing pretty severe mouse lag in Arma. Aiming at small targets is almost impossible, since there seems to be a minimum distance of a couple of pixels by which the cursor will always move, no matter how little the mouse is moved. During aiming, it feels as if the cursor would be too "heavy" to move around at the speed I'd like. In the game menu, the mouse works fine.

I have tried the usual suggestions for fixing this (essentially tweaking the graphics driver settings), but to no success. VSync is off (this did help a little, but didn't eliminate the problem). I have also tried fiddling with the mouse settings, sound settings, setting graphics quality to the very minimum etc. No luck.

Does anyone have the same problem or can give a hint??

Here's my spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, GeForce 8800 GTS, Windows Vista Ultimate, MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0.

Thanks!

shot

the same problem!

aim cursor has delay ~1s when moving mouse

i had the same problem on myn old pc but your pc is powerfull enough to handle arma1

So this isn't the Floating Zone setting in your controls right? Make sure the slider is all the way LEFT.

I apologize if this is something other than that.

the same problem!

As you can see all the threads you bring up are old and nobody is getting the issue enough to have a resent active thread.... if you use a USB mouse and certain types of LCDs with MultiGPU rendering you can have horrid input lag... a PS/2 mouse almost always cures the issue (and crank up the pollrate) what are your specs, settings ingame. As for me i have had all the offending H/W and do not get input lag...

It's the high mouse smoothing hardcoded to ArmA that causes your mouse to have heavy lag at below 100 frames per second.

HOPEFULLY this won't be in ArmA 2 ! :(

Bullshit?

Question: Do you experience same, when in freelook mode? (alt key)

And secondary: Do you have one of those "geniue" 100Hz LCD's

the same problem!

I've had the same problem in windowed mode, but never in fullscreen.

As you can see all the threads you bring up are old and nobody is getting the issue enough to have a resent active thread.... if you use a USB mouse and certain types of LCDs with MultiGPU rendering you can have horrid input lag... a PS/2 mouse almost always cures the issue (and crank up the pollrate) what are your specs, settings ingame. As for me i have had all the offending H/W and do not get input lag...

So, would hooking a USB mouse to a PS/2 adapter to the computer have the same effect?

Is the mousesmoothing still there in Arma 2? It never bothered me much to be honest.

I have the same problem in fullscreen mode. Too much mouse lag.

My mouse is ps2, and I have a 19" Samsung crt monitor, so no LCD input lag here.

Floating zone is off, the slider is on the left side totally.

GFX: 8800GT, CPU: Core 2 Duo E6750, 2GB Ram

Edited by roger_p

Oh well, the mouse lag is gone since I changed the pre-rendered frames to 0 in Nvidia control panel :cool: