Sign in to follow this  
zonekiller

Finaly support pack 2 is ready for beta testing

ethne, I couldnt of put it any better myself.

I look forward to V3, i won't finish my new mission untill it is complete smile_o.gif

Another small problem I have discovered is that every now and then the guy Im controlling will lie down and throw smoke without any warning. This inevitably happens when I am shooting at an enemy etc and almost always results in me dying.

E

Another small problem I have discovered is that every now and then the guy Im controlling will lie down and throw smoke without any warning. This inevitably happens when I am shooting at an enemy etc and almost always results in me dying.

E

This can be fixt by looking in the Support_CFG file be the line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">/*##########################################################

Turn AI Support On Set This To 1 -- 0 For Off

##########################################################*/

AIuse = 0;

Or if you want them to use smoke but not as often, change this line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">/*##########################################################

Set The Amount Of Chance For The AI To Use Smoke {20 = 2%}

##########################################################*/

SmokeFrequency = 100;

nener.gif

Yup changed the second one, but I found the only real solution for the moment is to turn smoke off.

Regards

E

I was just reading through your first post and you said that some of the available choices you have as Artillery and such can either be done through the Radio or Binoc. How do you have it setup through the binocs? I have a mission where I want a marker to be moved to a target designated by the laser designator? Can this be possible using the same technique as you have done with the binocs?

Using SupportV2 in my current Mission, great stuff it does. i have noticed a few things happening I would like to share.

1. If Player has Troops and is Leader then leaves game but comes back you get "1. Where are you" for 5 min? Happens until I find old Troop and shoot him. Also if Troop Helo gets shot down Troops Eject but do not assign to Player.

2. The AV8B2 seems to destroy itself regardless of where you place it after a while, think it may have to do with spawning Helo's.

3. Radio Commands disappear after a while (hour or so) also after leaving and rejoining, not consistent. I have it set to Leader and believe that could have something to do with it.

4. AddActions don't always appear and have to cycle them, this could be caused by other scripts I am running?

5. Helo Attack gets script errors depending on where you target it. This comes and goes.

I have it running well other than the above with DAC2, Norrin Revive w/Mobile Respawn, Norrin Capture Script, Mando Heli-route, Xeno Cargo and Lift Script.

Vengeance

Question? Is this Script develoment still active? Haven't seen any responses for some time?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I am having issues with the chopper not arriving at Ramahdi when you request a pickup.

It seems to hover around the airbase at Sahrahni then dissappear.

I changed the variable "transportdist: for max distance to 30000 thinking it may be a distance problem.

maybe also it is just me : P

Thanks

Frosty

I have found the same type of issue, I moved the start location and it seems to work again?? Hope that helps.

Hi guys sorry about the delay

SupportV3 is under way but will take awhile as some of the probs are hard to find out why they are.

But it will get there.

All of your guys input is helping greatly

I do think i need a menu type of thing instead of using the radio to select what plane what ammo ect. But i have never

scripted a menu so if anyone knows of a simple one that i could modify that will help alot.

The biggest problem i have is why it just stops after an hour

or so.

Im working on a mission that should test it to its limits

when its finished i will post it as a test mission in this post

as a support , revive testing mission

sould be in about a week

Hey Zonekiller,

I have made a mission from your support script V2, I love it when a mig is coming and you just have to bolt before he bombs the @&*% out of your squad.

One issue I have is that when I request re-inforcements, it never sends them, it only thinks I want a pickup from the marker that appears saying "x click here for re-inforcements" to the drop-off spot.

I had a look at the script but I have no chance of figuring it out..... any ideas?. The enemy seem to be able to call re-inforcements fine, I can seem to get them even when I play "East".

Thanks for your work...awesome.

Frosty.

try and move the starting point for the support as i found it will not work at some airports , dont ask why i have no idea

it seems it will not create troops at some points on the map

so just move the WestAir plane to a flat area on the map and see if it will work then

Zonekiller,

Tested your last update with Revive AI_Disabled and XAM Lite. Worked great!

Well Done.

Vengeance

cool still working on it

im also doing a AI revive script that is almost ready for beta testing

Hey Zone,

How is SupportV3 coming? Let me know if you needs some testing.

Vengeance

in V2, I had issues all three sides attack Heli's not engaging a single target. Anybody else have that issue?

to Zonekiller

what about AI_revive_script?

Can u give more details?

I very badly understand in scripting) but I search for a way to add in default group_AI-medic job (then 50% killed AI mast be returned to fight (with the lowered aiming skill))

something like this plan

1-have killed AI(or havy wounded - 90% -then "moves" disabled - enable wound_anims)

2-medic throws smoke between body and enemy

3-medic comes nearer

4-medic drags "wounded" in cover (is very well realized script of search of real cover using dsfault arma engine (written by Second))

5-in cover medic long tries to heal(very long)

6-50% success -then AI raspawn near medic - otherwise medic call to medevac -madevac vehicle raspawn and arrives only after ending firefight.....

hmmmmmmmm.... about my help with all this plan- i can help only on config work)))

in V2, I had issues all three sides attack Heli's not engaging a single target.  Anybody else have that issue?

Yes I have seen this as well, unfortunately I have had to turn this option off. It seems to be sensitive to the type of target defined when selected.

All the others seem to work fine.

Hi Guys

I am Still working on V3

i Have addressed most issues but the testing take so much time so it is a tad slow ,

i will have the attack chopper fixed and more nasty.

looking at letting you select what type of bombs to use in the airstrikes and adding a vehicle drop.

does anyone use the action menu or do you find haveing it in the script a waste of time huh.gif?

and just leave the map select in

zonekiller, if you are looking for additional testing, I would love the opportunity. The script is great.

I personally prefer the map / radio interface, but would like the option with the binocs / laser designator to stay.

ZoneKiller,

My two cents is don't use Action Commands, keep the Radio or use a Menu Command.

Looking forward to V3. I will be releasing a new mission using DAC, Support V2, Revive and several other AddOns soon at Armaholic.

Vengeance

Still working hard on it

Cool i will be looking forward to playing it

V3 has still a while to go

Still working hard on it

Cool i will be looking forward to playing it

V3 has still a while to go

Hey ZoneKiller, still working on the V3? smile_o.gif

V2 doesnt seem to be working with the latest patch for me???

Any news on V3?