Sign in to follow this  
OFPCAT

Ofp ww2 screenshoots

I would like to open the topic for WW2 screenshoots for OFP. Any guys could paste their screenshoots for WW2 stuff here for promoting the developing of WW2 scenario in OFP...

( Soldiers from Red 1 Division after a fierce fight in Normandy )

A1-1.jpg

(Waffen SS from Dead-Head Division in East Front )

Ger2.jpg

Ger3.jpg

Its the Deaths Head SS. But they were the soldiers who guarded concentration camps, Waffen SS were the soldiers. But yeah, ill throw some pics at this if you want. Btw, what mod is that?

Its the Deaths Head SS. But they were the soldiers who guarded concentration camps, Waffen SS were the soldiers. ..

No, it's the third Waffen SS division although they used the same logo as those members of concentration camp.

@OFPCAT: ahh finally biggrin_o.gif 'about time you made your own thread instead of squatting other's wink_o.gif

Anyway i was thinking, you've posted plenty of screenshots in the past, i'd love to see them again but cant find them anywhere, what about posting them here ?

Also one thing that kinda annoys me is you seem to have some weird gamma setting... Maybe your monitor is really dark but your OFP screenshots look very bright and not contrasted enough ?

My understanding is (correct me if i'm wrong - no offense intended) that you rework released unit's for your own personal use (like adding llauma's face etc... ?). Could you tell us more about the modifications you made, what original units they come from, and if you feel like it posting screenshots of the wartime photos of the units that inspired you, i think that would be interesting...

For example i dont recognize the model of these US infantry (or are they reworked old wwIIec US pack infantry ?)

Anyway good luck with your work,

Fab

@Fab, I think I was inspired by the screenshoots topic in Arma and would like to sep up such topic in OFP for WW2 scenario only. Because many guys are interested in WW2 scenairo and hope more talented mod or model developers could keep their ardency to continue their work. It seems just in OFP now I could play a larger scale real battle, put a whole platoon or even a company based on real organization on one side in game and get no lags..., a great war similuation experience.

I would put more screenshoots caught in my game and wish others could put theirs also in this topic. For personal amusement, I modified some models for adding more details and made them look more realisitic per the real history, for example, adding the rank details from private , coporal ,sergeant to even general, puting more kits , adding more different troops and etc. Just a personal preference since every independent model maker is very busy and has his own thought with the releasing principle for his stuff. I couldn't force others to make what I would like... But still wish  to share some ideas .

Where did you get that island for the WW2 soldiers and also did you ever get permission to release the WW2 soldiers yet? Thank you biggrin_o.gif

OFPCAT, very good job on both of these units! Will these be stand-alone or will they require use of a mod such as FDF or Liberation 1941-45?

The 3rd SS Totenkopf men I am particular excited to see because they look perfect for use in around 'Operation Citadel/Battle of Kursk' era.

3rd SS Totenkopf, or 'Death's Head' was one of the first Waffen SS units formed, primarily out of men that saw service in the concentration camps (pre-war) as well as men from SS-Heimwehr Danzig. Although this unit suffered an unusually high casualty rate, they were well known as one of the hardest fighting units of the Waffen SS in the war.

There is always controversy when it comes to the SS, but nonetheless it is a welcome sight in OFP, as well as the soldiers from the Red 1! Awesome to see such a revival in OFP, especially older era such as WW1 and WWII.

I hope to see more screens sometime, and hopefully hear news of a release once all is ready. Thanks again!

@Bigstone Now I usually use Normandy and ARD irelands for west front scenario and Liberation Mod's map for eastern front. Both of them are very reallistic and nice to have the real WW2 atmosphere and environment.

@ belgerot, it seems you have rich knowledge for WAFFEN SS TotenKopf division-3rd SS division. Now I just play my WW2 stuff now in Liberation Mod for it's very nice animations and just like a real battle during WW2.

A little updation for screenshoots..

( US Platoon Sergent )

n1.jpg

( Bar Man after bloody fight )

n2.jpg

The 12th SS division-Hitler's Jurend in Caen Suburb...

(MG42 Man )

n3.jpg

n8.jpg

n4.jpg

n5.jpg

n6.jpg

Looks promising keep up the good work. Do you have any British/Canadian soldiers too?

Quote[/b] ]The 12th SS division-Hitler's Jurend in Caen Suburb...

huh.gif You mean "12. SS-Panzer-Division „Hitlerjugend“ " ,or ?

The 12th SS division, also called SS Panzer Division HitlerJugend.

Great to see more screens! It's quite something to see another combat unit! I like the way the officer looks, with his use of Italian M29 pattern camouflage, adds a very authentic touch. Very good use of different kinds of equipment like headgear and camouflage.

Nice job on the American soldiers as well. It has been some time since we've had anything new on that particular side, and these guys look like a fine update to play around with.

OFPCAT, Do you think that the Totenkopf men will be able to be used with the most recent FDF Mod? Typically, that is the mod I use for Eastern Front combat past 1942 (even though Libmod is perfect) for the mid/late war Soviet armor/equipment available. They (Totenkopf) appear to carry their own weapons or are they linked to another mod?

Nice work there OFPCAT, although now im going to complain that the screenshots are too dark due to being taken at night biggrin_o.gif

Anyway if i might have a suggestion, i think you should lower all the headgear a little... its particularly noticeable with the M43 cap that its a bit too high on the soldier's head. i think the helmets are also a bit too high as you can see too much forehead but this is less noticeable.

keep up the good work,

Fab

@belgerot ,all these troops could be used for FDF or original OFP but just need some config modification. But it's not difficult. Persoanlly, I play them now in Liberation Mod.

@ Fab, thanks for your suggestion.

@belgerot ,all these troops could be used for FDF or original OFP but just need some config modification. But it's not difficult. Persoanlly, I play them now in Liberation Mod.

@ Fab, thanks for your suggestion.

That's good then. I've been working on a custom map resembling a part of Ukraine that I would love to have decent Germans to use against the Soviets.

I can't wait to see more screens either!

More screenshoots for WaffenSS in Normandy...

n17.jpg

( SS Major with Knight Iron Cross )

n16.jpg

Soviet Guard troops in 43 style uniform...

n18.jpg

Killed Senior Sergeant...

n19.jpg