Sign in to follow this  
UNN

Dialogs & wide screen monitors

Hi,

I've just got myself a new wide screen monitor. While I haven’t had much chance to play around with the settings and dialogs in general, I did want to quickly get my current batch of dialogs working properly, for both normal and widescreen monitors. So I came up with this quick method:

UNNWideScreenDetect.zip

Not an ideal solution, I would have prefered to read the settings straight from Arma's configs. So if anyone has a better way of doing it, please let me know. In the mean time this will do the job.

I must admit, I was a little disappointed to see that Arma's default interface, can't adjust itself for wide screen.

P.S I can't test this for TFT (5:4) or Triple Head (12:3). But it will work for 4:3,16:9 and 16:10.

Hi,

I've tested your method and it only works in rare cases.

I mostly will get 4:3 instead of 16:10.

Hi,

Thanks for testing it.

I think I've fixed the reliability options now, as well as adding support for resumed saved games. Please let me know if it works ok for you now.

UNNWideScreenDetect.zip

For the record I modified the following:

Init.sqf

UNNDetectRatio.sqf

Description.ext (RscUNNWideScreenDetect)

Cheers

I got two false answers:

5:4 was reported as 4:3 and Tripplehead was reported as 5:4.

(which seems logic in your code because you don't check the y-value).

But it works really nice. Now I only need to change my code, so I can adjust aspect-ratio on the fly...

yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]But it works really nice. Now I only need to change my code, so I can adjust aspect-ratio on the fly...

Thanks again for confirming those changes.

Quote[/b] ]5:4 was reported as 4:3 and Tripplehead was reported as 5:4

See my original post:

Quote[/b] ]P.S I can't test this for TFT (5:4) or Triple Head (12:3)

Thinking about it, I can probably test those aspects using Arma in windowed mode. If someone with those type of monitors could test it for me in full screen mode to?

I have a slightly different version designed to run from addons, I will try and post that example, in the next update.

I can't get -window to work for me properly. I assume you're supposed to be able to use -x=1280 -y=1024 to get a windowed client in 1280x1024.

However when I first installed it, it was in a set size window of 1024x768 or something. Now that I've reinstalled it's "stretched" windowed, full screen except for the task bar at the bottom, but I can't move it or see the control boxes at all. Annoying and quite impossible to use to side by side test with code easily.

I can't get -window to work for me properly.  I assume you're supposed to be able to use -x=1280 -y=1024 to get a windowed client in 1280x1024.

However when I first installed it, it was in a set size window of 1024x768 or something.  Now that I've reinstalled it's "stretched" windowed, full screen except for the task bar at the bottom, but I can't move it or see the control boxes at all.  Annoying and quite impossible to use to side by side test with code easily.

The command line parameters don't work in ArmA. However, there is a config file somewhere which you can manually edit the size and position of ArmA when in windowed mode. Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't have ArmA on this PC, but I remember it was easy to find.

Once you used window-mode, the parameters are written into ArmA.cfg. Just delete them and make ArmA.cfg read-only.

After the parameters keep working.

@UNN:

Is there a difference between fullscreen and windowed?

It shouldn't matter for ArmA.

Probably not, won't know until I try.