Von Rundstedt

Fww2 - finland at war 1939-1945

You'll just need to complete a little bit around the receiver. I'll also send

some reference photos you can use for that. Unfortunately it isn't UV-

mapped. I abandoned work on the WW2 stuff I was doing before I learned

how to do the UV-mapping. I'll send you a PM about it (I should really have

just sent a PM in the first place) once I've got it all packed up for you to

download.

Thanks, I wait your PM and I do think that it was worth enough to post here first so others can see that it gets added too.

Note that you have left mg-turret reverced. In real it was also right-sided - plz check blueprints.

That would be the most biggest thing I need to change (need to redo them anyway) and some work on wheels too, also some other minor stuff to do. Thanks for pointing out.

commander and non-commander's tank in RKKA usually named as radio-tank (radiynyj) and line-tank (lineynyj)

Line-tank was new to me, is it just depending on person who wrote/spoke it or is there some actual functioning difference. We kinda follow Libs (well, yours) example on it and since radio versions were not so common (especially amongst T-26 and BT's) it gives great reason name them as command tank. I it suspect was the original reasoning behind it, right?

What about tank with additional armour?

Not sure yet, I have packed all textures so tight I can't fit anything bigger there, but if I make it 100% model and use existing textures it could be possible.

Von Rundstedt:

I like T-28 nad T-35 too. This model its make in cinema 4d? In this program its good UV maping texturing tools, I use cinema 4d R 10.5, good tool for 3d and 2d makers. Want you for your mod too pistol P08?

That would be the most biggest thing I need to change (need to redo them anyway) and some work on wheels too, also some other minor stuff to do. Thanks for pointing out.

If you want, i have very good book and can send it to you, or send just some pictures and translate text from russian to english.

I like T-28 and T-35 too.

Sea Demon made T-35 tank.

I like T-28 nad T-35 too. This model its make in cinema 4d?

I believe it is made in Maya.

Want you for your mod too pistol P08?

We already got P08 from Inv44 mod, but since it is only extended to ArmA and no further I wouldn't say no to such donation :)

If you want, i have very good book and can send it to you, or send just some pictures and translate text from russian to english.

I would appreciate it a lot. I received some scans of Russian Winter War book from bdfy at beginning of this year and I would welcome anything I can receive from other side of border or from anybody for that matter.

Sea Demon made T-35 tank.

Was it ever released?

I would appreciate it a lot. I received some scans of Russian Winter War book from bdfy at beginning of this year and I would welcome anything I can receive from other side of border or from anybody for that matter.

I'm not so far away - in Pietary :)

What's better - full book in djvu or screens?

Was it ever released?

No. It has all selection and config, UV-mapped, but need texture arts.

I'm not so far away - in Pietary

OK, it is closer than I expected, but then again never can be too sure. Russia ain't small country ;)

What's better - full book in djvu or screens?

Screens maybe, my Russian skills aren't all too top notch.

No. It has all selection and config, UV-mapped, but need texture arts

Any plans to include it in to Lib release? Would be nice to see this so called "ground battleship".

OK, it is closer than I expected, but then again never can be too sure. Russia ain't small country

I suggest to visit Mannerheim's line. Bair Irincheev makes very good excurtions also for finns. http://www.mannerheim-line.com/index.html

Any plans to include it in to Lib release?

We make mod for 1944 year now. I don't know yet. May be it will be relised sooner.

I remember seeing a lot time ago a flamethrower script for the OT-130 :yay: can we see a video or a screen of that in action? it would be awesome :o great work and very complete selection of models :)

I suggest to visit Mannerheim's line. Bair Irincheev makes very good excurtions also for finns.

It is one of the regular pages that I visit. Though there rarely comes anything new its always nice to go through the stories written in there, especially from Russian point of view.

We make mod for 1944 year now. I don't know yet. May be it will be relised sooner.

Doesn't really fit to era, granted. Maybe as easter egg?

I remember seeing a lot time ago a flamethrower script for the OT-130 can we see a video or a screen of that in action? it would be awesome

It is currently very active WIP, we're not quite satisfied with the flame particles and we're definitely not happy with current sound it has. However when we get these things in order I suppose we could post a video of it.

It is also quite hard to take screenshots of it because it only looks good if you're in the tank or in receiving end.

otkiflame.jpg

Bit better picture of flame

very interesting and looking good :) good job, EDIT: to keep it simple, how the damage works?

Edited by Uglyboy

Damage is dealt with direct hit and burning hit which has wider range. Direct hit at this points causes death (so we can have it attack tanks too, its extremely hard to get direct hit on soldiers anyway) and burning is slowly consuming victims health until the inevitable.

Its time to give a small video update on mod features.

This feature concentrates on flames of war: Molotov Cocktail and OT-130 flamethrower tank.

There is still various things to address (including the annoying shell reload sound on OT-130) and everything you see is still work in progress.

B9O-olLNKog

Looks good!But Suomi-kp sounds bad,and you could add "whoosh" to the molotov then it hits.:D

All of our sounds are generally bad :p

It is bit hard to get usable sounds for all the weapons.

Edited by Von Rundstedt

Thank you for those. However there is quite huge amount of hiss on both and unfortunately Suomi smg sound isn't really usable. Only sounds that we're really satisfied are Mosin type rifles, DP-27 and plane engines (also T-26 engine is good, thanks you for that).

Well,i didn't find any hiss on those sounds.:confused:

Sorry for incredibly late reply, been busy lately.

First Suomi smg sound you gave to me was mostly background hissing, maybe I got wrong one?

Well,have you tested the new sounds?I downloaded and tested them and they are okey.

Yes I tried both and mod members felt that old ones are better at the rate, also they don't need so heavy editing.

Lately I have been neglecting official forums when it comes to updates. Therefore it needs to be fixed.

First I-16 Polikarpov. It served as most common fighter for Soviet Union during Winter War. I-16 was more agile and faster than Fokker D.XXI due to its retracting gear. In mod they are on quite equal ground to make them more desirable in MP, however Polikarpov will be slightly faster.

thumb480x332promo_i16.jpg

This ingame screenshot features Finnish military police and Soviet snow camouflage officer.

thumb480x384fww2_armashot_24.jpg

And last, but not least. Visual looks of our snowing script, which will be previewed better at later point.

Click here to view (original preview picture is over 100Kb)

Oh and did I mention that Polikarpov is a dream to land?

Nice to see some progress.What's the status (%) now?

Nice to see that somebody still remembers us :p

I can't really give % of our progress because it doesn't quite mean anything. However we have managed to make quite a lot in relatively short time. It is still going to take some time though and we could really use UV-mapper to move things forward faster.

Be assured, a big crowd of people is watching your promising project without posting anything.....:). Keep up this great work!