Von Rundstedt

Fww2 - finland at war 1939-1945

3 active members, one MIA-member and two freelancers/donators.

At least there is somebody occupying important positions: map artist, scripter and modeller/texturer. Not that we couldn't use more people, on all fields.

We have propably smallest mod team in ArmA :rolleyes:

Well,really few then.I could donate you some weapon/vehicle sounds if you need them.

We have propably smallest mod team in ArmA :rolleyes:

Be sure your're not. :D:( Other than that, your work is awsome.

Nice to see finnish soldiers in "normal" uniform.

That is true that Finnish troops didnt have many uniforms.

Good work Fww2 mod team!

Be sure your're not. :D:( Other than that, your work is awsome.

Thanks and nice to know that we are not only ones short handed (even thou I do feel sorry for you). Seems to be harder to get dedicated mod members now than back in OFP days.

Seems to be harder to get dedicated mod members now than back in OFP days.

No wonder,there is 666,666(roughly) less players than OFP had.:D

No wonder,there is 666,666(roughly) less players than OFP had.:D

Quite true and to add on it: unfortunantly. Not that it was all too easy to get new mod members in OFP time either, except in beginning (meaning beginning of mod in 2004).

I think the sleeves of greatcoat should be larger...

I think the sleeves of greatcoat should be larger...

Its bit spread out BIS normal sleeve, so its not really a perfect match. Do you mean longer or wider?

Its bit spread out BIS normal sleeve, so its not really a perfect match. Do you mean longer or wider?

I really mean 'wider' sleeves for greatcoat if it could be done.

Update time.

You really should look where you step...

thumb460x345fww2_armashot_13.jpg

Granted, that pipemine is facing wrong direction, but I wanted to have max. exposure for it in this screenshot.

h- also has made some visible progress with mods scripts. Meaning in this case that OT-130 flamethrower tank is now actually spewing fire.

thumb460x253fww2_ot130_01.jpg

We are still looking skilled modellers and texturers. Also we are pre-recruiting some mission makers. Anybody whos intrested can contact me with PM here or in FWW2 forums.

Comments and (constructive) criticism is more than welcomed.

Amazing progress on the flamethrower script! :eek:

How long does the afflicted area/subject burn for?

Nice angle of the top screenshot as well, shows not only great-looking early war Soviets but.. ;)

FDF's winter troops Mod in OFP has impressed me very much. Are you from the same Team from OFP? I like your red army soldiers in the screenshoot. Look very aweful!

Hello,

...How long does the afflicted area/subject burn for?...

Same question, here. And it seems to have a parabolic trajectory.:eek:

The calculation (1) is done by your script, because it seems to me that ArmA doesn't calculate the gravitational force (at least, I think) ?

Excellent work on your models. Congratulations.;)

(1) I don't know if this is the right word, i'm not a great english-speaking:D

The calculation (1) is done by your script, because it seems to me that ArmA doesn't calculate the gravitational force (at least, I think) ?

Excellent work on your models. Congratulations.;)

These questions are more expertise of h- rather than myself.

However what I know of it and can tell. Flamethrower is basicly slow moving bullet (causes parabolic effect at the end) which is used for scripted particle placement, more I really can't say yet (script is still WIP and I haven't got it yet). I assume you meant that does it have parabolic effect all the way to muzzle point when you stop firing. I don't know answer for that, but I don't think it does.

We do our best with everything we do or at least we try to :p

Another question that is not in my knowledge. However test molotov version that I have burns around 5-10 mins, this has most likely changed in due time. h- can tell better when he stumbles here.

FDF's winter troops Mod in OFP has impressed me very much. Are you from the same Team from OFP? I like your red army soldiers in the screenshoot. Look very aweful!

Yes, we are same FWW2 mod that was in OFP time, however we are not FDF mod. We are two seperate mods that has really nothing to do with each others.

It kinda depends on what it hits, plain ground doesn't have much that would burn..

Regarding the trajectory stuff if you fire a 'burst' of flame it will have that parabolic trajectory, and it uses the basic ArmA ballistics stuff so I haven't calculated anything.

The whole thing is nothing special really, many could probably make it much more efficiently since I have always completely sucked at the particle stuff..

In this new Mod of ARMA, would you also make soviet troops of1941 and 1943 variation or just for early red army in your Winter War? Maybe also something for Tali-IHANTALA 1944, a well-known battle to end the Soviet-Finnish war finally.

Great looking work on this mod, "Talvisota" is one of my favourite war movies, although I dont know too much about the whole conflict. The Soviet troops in that movie are shown as a rag tag bunch wearing any old thing as far as uniforms are concerned is that fairly accurate?

In this new Mod of ARMA, would you also make soviet troops of1941 and 1943 variation or just for early red army in your Winter War? Maybe also something for Tali-IHANTALA 1944, a well-known battle to end the Soviet-Finnish war finally.

Mod is aimed to release in three seperate releases: 1st Winter war, 2nd Continuation war and finally 3rd Lapland war.

So yes its planned that we also make 1941 to 1944 Soviet troops.

Great looking work on this mod, "Talvisota" is one of my favourite war movies, although I dont know too much about the whole conflict. The Soviet troops in that movie are shown as a rag tag bunch wearing any old thing as far as uniforms are concerned is that fairly accurate?

Thanks. Wikipedia gives fairly good and quick look on Winter war and reasons behind it. Movie itself has some inaccurate uniforms/equipment (weapons are correct thou) on both sides. Main events itself in movie are, as far as I know, real.

Red Army in 1939 was very poorly equiped for winter conditions so when war prolonged everything that was avalaible was supplied to troops so it was quite colorful mix. Defianently some uniforms handed to troops in either side was ragged, but generally I don't think so (mostly in photos troops before and during war were wearing new and neat uniforms).

Its estimated that at the end of war there was about 30 Soviet divisions (based on after war calculations, don't take literally) fighting at Finnish front, supplying those with winter gear was propably hard especially when Red Army was updating their uniforms and accessories during war.

However colorful variation and old uniforms (some late war reservist were just handed belt, ammo pouches and cocard) were more apparent in Finnish army than in Red Army.

Great. And it seems a long way to get all three stages.

Soviet military power is much powerful than that of finnish. But Finnish has stronger will to dendend their country. So they didn't lose the war against Soviets actually.

Sounds good. The Finns did a damned good job at defending their country with the equipment at hand. That's something the Soviets did not understand.

Great. And it seems a long way to get all three stages.

Soviet military power is much powerful than that of finnish. But Finnish has stronger will to dendend their country. So they didn't lose the war against Soviets actually.

Yes its a long way and defianently notable task, which will take time.

We signed cease-fire at 1940 and again in 1944 then non-aggression pact (which was pretty much stipulated by Soviet union) at 1949. Some say that Finland was defeated and some say it wasn't, matter of a perspective and opinnion. Its for certain that we weren't conquered, which was notable for any country at the time.

Sounds good. The Finns did a damned good job at defending their country with the equipment at hand. That's something the Soviets did not understand.

Quite true, but Soviets learned a lot from Winter war too in many ways.

Most notably on AT-weaponary, Finland had 48 AT-guns (that were actually effective) and around 5000 AT-mines when war began, so not anywhere near enough. Which led to use of improvised weapons such as Molotov Cocktail and satchel charges (both were produced in factories during war) in mass scale.

First snow of winter 1939

thumb460x345fww2_armashot_14.jpg

This would look so much better on somebody else computer than mine.

I run ArmA on low settings and texture details on medium, my junk can't push really more than that :(