Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Hind wip

Hi all,

A long time ago I started to model a hind, then for various profesional and personal reasons it got shelved (mainly because RHS Hind was there already and there was no hurry).

Lately I got back on the project and learned the basics of O2 and materials and the model is now almost complete. I'm having some troubles with the config files, but hey... at least it's in the game.

test2di3.th.jpg

test1dn6.th.jpg

It has normal and specular maps with rvmat files, and very few different textures, so that it's easier to edit. With a bit of luck it'll be ready to release soon. At least as alpha-beta version.

Cheers,

Eric

Looks great man! It looks like it could have been shipped with the original game.

Abs

Looks great man! It looks like it could have been shipped with the original game.

Abs

I concur. There's never too many hinds in Sahrani wink_o.gif

Looks nice but like NoRailgunner said it looks stretched from the pictures we see.

Or I need new glasses crazy_o.gif

The main thing is that your learing. And this is an amazing step forward. notworthy.gif

well done smile_o.gif

Guys, you don't need glasses )) - Look at the image resolution - author has wide monitor wink_o.gif 20" or 22". I got one too.

that's the way arma supports wide screens - it looks ok in game but can be  distorted on the screens

Guys, you don't need glasses )) - Look at the image resolution - author has wide monitor wink_o.gif 20" or 22". I got one too.

that's the way arma supports wide screens - it looks ok in game but can be distorted on the screens

Good point.

Well, a Hind is allways welcome.

Exept if you are the enemy.

or me...

i can get you some good pdfs... if you are in chase for realism wink_o.gif

there's never too much of crocodiles in production  thumbs-up.gif

especialy when they want to eat some bluefor soldiers  rofl.gif

Looks nice, if you need information on the door gunners - let me know.

Would you share with us all?

I hear so many completely different storys about door gunners and the only actual thing i ever saw was contractors that fired M240s or somethign from a mount in one of the little side windows in the doors.

Looks nice, if you need information on the door gunners - let me know.

Would you share with us all?

I hear so many completely different storys about door gunners and the only actual thing i ever saw was contractors that fired M240s or somethign from a mount in one of the little side windows in the doors.

Looks to me only the afgan version got door gunners..

Quote[/b] ]Mi-24 Afghanistan field modifications - Passenger compartment armour and exhaust suppressors were often removed. Due to accidental firing while switching sides the door gunner was given both a port and starboard gun.

this picture came with this caption but i am yet to see a pic of it..

hind-cargo.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The Hind includes a cargo compartment for transporting troops / stores. Door guns can be mounted if required.

i saw RPK, PK, AGS-17 mounted on those doors too...

just don't remember on what vid, afghan or chechyan war.

somehing like:

this

and

this

and

this

About the stretched look, I think it's the screenshot (and yes I do have a 22 inch monitor, so It may be just that).

Compared with my blueprints it looks OK and about the same size as RHS in game.

I'm in contact with someone to help me do the config file, so hopefully there'll be a beta version sooner than I expected.

Thanks for the feedback.

(and yes a door gunner would be cool, let's see if we can implement it).

Thanks for the links. I guess to be accurate they should be termed window guns.

This is the first that I have heard of the AGS being used (I had assumed only PKB would fit.

I believe that the Soviets normally only carried one gunner in order to save weight (although they quickly learned to carry two guns, one on each side, after earlier misfires switching positions). I saw some footage of a Mercenary hind in Sierra Leone that had two gunners.

I'll see what I can dig up.

Will you make one Hind variant with 12.7 mm four barrel YakB machine gun in rotating gun pod and one Hind with twin-barreled GSh-23 30mm cannons fixed to the fuselage (the result of lessons learned during the Afghanistan war)? smile_o.gif

Another picture:

http://www.zajc.pl/php/afganistan-10.php

The Mi-24P carried 750 rounds for its main gun (and was used in Afghanistan). The twin barrel weapon is actually a GSH-30K (K indicates lengthen ed barrel). It was a 30mm weapon which is about 2.4 metres in length. It also had variable rate of fire added (~300-2000rpm).

Video showing combat footage from inside the crew compartment (including the simultaneous use of two gunners instead of having one gunner who switches sides):

U know Hind is not desing to have those 2 MG Doors guns , but this version i like its like more dangerous btw what about to try NSV or Kord guns biggrin_o.gif

U know Hind is not desing to have those 2 MG Doors guns , but this version i like its like more dangerous btw what about to try NSV or Kord guns biggrin_o.gif

Well not DSHK derivatives but I'm pretty sure that the PKT/PKB is a standard production line ability (albeit Russian units traditionally had one gunner operating both guns)