Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

Your favourite warfare era!

Modern warfare falls under afganistan. I just didn't specify much. And most modern weapons used from 1985-2007 are the same. So if you want to vote cold war or something, you can vote it under modern warfare. This poll is just so people can see what era to concentrate on to realese weapons, units, vehicles etc.

This poll is just so people can see what era to concentrate on to realese weapons, units, vehicles etc.

Yeah right, nobody bends the way the community wants them to. They wont release addons from a certain era because the community wants them to. We'll make what we want to and release it if we want to.

Well I study the military history of the last two hundred years so anything from Napoelonic onwards would interest me.

Also I enjoy "What if" scenarios like what would have happened if China and the Soviet Union went to war in the 70s. Need CWR real bad wink_o.gif

As for modern, I'd play pretty much anything Balkans, Chechnya (sp?). Afghanistan.  

Just make what you want I don't care about what countries you use.

I'll more than likely play it  biggrin_o.gif

Now this is hard... I have to say World War One, although the second one is also a nice era. "Flashpoint era" and napoleonic wars are my favourites, too.

I voted Future , give me Mechwarrior / Heavy Gears and I'm happy.

WWII is my second choice seeing it's never been with all the trimmings yet..(man-tank-ship-plane-and so on) I will never accept any BF/COD game as a WWII sim.

WWI is the only one I'm not looking forward to, but that could change with time.

All the wars listed are great though.....well, great from a video game perspective. I would play any MOD/ADDON from that list ....yes, even the ones not listed ...like the OLD WEST...cowboys/COLD WAR/ Israeli conflicts/

You have the right tools in ARMA for almost anything.

Im a big fan of Vietnam games and addons. But i think that im a big fan of zombies and things. Just not suited for ArmA's engine unfortunately.

Modern warfare is not just Iraq... smile_o.gif

+1

I would rather like a "eastern europe" context. I mean dirt,snow,mud,cold and grey (like tchetcheni or ex-yugoslavia)

WWII for sure smile_o.gif . I' m dreaming about fighting as a member of a Polish Home Army. And of course some western front mod. Thats a real shame that Invasion44 is "dead" sad_o.gif

By the way: I' m just curious: have anyone made a "Omaha Beach Landing" mission?

I voted on modern warfare, but I'd be more interested in some nice fictional Cold War scenarios. For example a campaign on Cuba during the Cuban Crisis, or fighting in Germany against the Soviets (or vice versa).

A campaign based on Tom Clancy's ''Red storm rising'' book would be awesome. Sahrani wouldn't be suitable for that though, it just doesn't fit in that era in my opinion.

i was thinking of voting modern warfare or WW2

well but in the end voted modern warfare

but i would want to have addons or a mod of the afghanistan war

and no i don't mean the now afghanistan war

but the war in the 1980's you know what i mean kicking some mujahadin ass with ak-47's bmp's t-80 sokhoi and stuff like that i would love playing with desert soviets in afghanistan

It was a toss between Modern and World War 2 but it was Modern that took the win. I also wouldnt mind some more Zombie action just to scare some people :P

I voted WW1, because i think its just as iconic as WW2 or Nam, and just to be different.

I find that era fascinating, the equipment, the style of warfare etc. Kinda surreal when you compare it to todays modern conflicts.

IMO it is largly overlooked and forgotten in todays games.

It would be quite a challenge to make the trench warfare aspect work, but it would be worthwhile if done well smile_o.gif

Personally I think that "Cold War era" is the best of all. Where`s Cold War era in this poll, huh? Subject era I`m least interested is modern warfare "Iraq War" with all acu camos and marines altogether.

In this case I voted for Nam era.

I eagerly look forward to see Finmod modern/WW2 or Bushwars and any other Tonali-like stuff.

I voted WW1, because i think its just as iconic as WW2 or Nam, and just to be different.

I find that era fascinating, the equipment, the style of warfare etc. Kinda surreal when you compare it to todays modern conflicts.

IMO it is largly overlooked and forgotten in todays games.

It would be quite a challenge to make the trench warfare aspect work, but it would be worthwhile if done well smile_o.gif

That's because it'd be boring. Wait for the arty to stop, get in line, charge, die.

I voted "modern warfare" but I do prefer the Cold War atmosphere. So rather than Iraq as the option puts it, I like the idea of cold environments such as the post-Soviet states.

I´m waiting for the release of Project 1985, and the CWR mod.

That´s what i want, no WW2 (sick of it), no Vietnam, no Iraq War settled theme.

I'd really like to see an interesting mod which is set in an alternate future with 1950s prototype and real equipment. But something with a believeable plot and no flying saucers, just something that is plausible, with gear that was planned but never used or made.

WWII for me, and other than that maybe Korea, where the equipment is'nt too different anyway other than it featured the best looking Jet aircraft of all time. I dont mind modern but more like recent modern as in say Gulf war 1 as opposed to whats going on in Iraq right now, far more interesting in military terms as opposed to the endless insurgency.

Also for WWI fans it is possible to do one aspect where there was no trench warfare but guerrilla style war and that would be the Arabian campaign, you know Lawrence.... blowing up trains, assaulting Turkish positions etc, even a couple of maps already that would suit the campaign perfectly.

Modern Warfare (Afghanistan) smile_o.gif

But not US troops but other Coalition members (the majority of the foreign forces in Afghanistan)

exactly this!

Those Gordon Highlanders? Were they released? They were the local regiment at one point; wouldn't mind getting my grubby mits on them.

No, they were never released. They really weren't all that good. I just threw them together to play with.

Hey all -

I voted WW2 after hesitating with 'Nam. I think that's what the engine is the most suitable for.

Regards,

Igor.