Sign in to follow this  
L!nk07

Your favourite warfare era!

Running over Anjou villages and fields at sunrise with slight snowfall as British infantry was possibly the coolest part of OFP. It just oozed atmosphere. I like the idea of having factions that are balanced to an extent. So that generally means WW2, Cold War era for me.

Col. Faulkner this could work with AI if you have decent human group leaders and a RTS gametype.

--Ben

Modern Warfare isn't really something new to me. WWII is the best and there is still things that we can learn from its mistakes or strategies.

Important events happend during this time and it made the world what it is today.

WWII forever...

Well commohn all of you big strong man, Uncle Sam needs your help again! He got himself in a terrible jam way down under in VIETNAM!

Guess what i voted  biggrin_o.gif

It all depends ingame on mission development, good selection of addons and exciting/thrilling story. tounge2.gif

(And if the player is able to look further than his own nose.)

I voted futuristic. Don't get me wrong I don't vote for stuff like unreal tournament or that kind of playing styles, but just ArmA with future weapons and capabilities (like advanced active vehicle defenses, orbital strikes, advanced infantry components based on the future force warrior stuff), things that are not too far fetched but based on what we can expect out of future warfare.

I'm kinda getting bored fighting in modern and old times, just wanna see things that might come by in the next century (or two).

I voted for modern, but I like guerilla warfare.

Being the guerilla or the occuping force?

NAM First...  Nothing like fighting it out in the jungle with the enemy 30 meters away and you can't see them...

But a good WWII MOD/Warfare is close behind!

I voted for modern, but I like guerilla warfare.

Being the guerilla or the occuping force?

Guerilla tounge2.gif

"Oh Saigon, oh Saigon, is a wonderful place, but the organization is a goddamn disgrace..."

'Nam all they way, no other option for it. wink_o.gif And just you wait and see what we have in the pipeline. biggrin_o.gif

Modern FFS! biggrin_o.gif

I love modern equipment and guns. especially I am waiting for IMW mod and FDF mod! smile_o.gif

why in this voting there is no option "not happened US/USSR conflict" ?

maybe there will be only few votes, but...

for me 1985 and WW2

"moderne warfare" on ARMA "engine" is sensless for me, no thermalvision, no radio operated missles, no working vests, many "engine" limitations make this game good only for infantry fights, modern war is electronic war too (althought blind area bombarding is not in engine too)

why in this voting there is no option "not happened US/USSR conflict" ?

maybe there will be only few votes, but...

for me 1985 and WW2

"moderne warfare" on ARMA "engine" is sensless for me, no thermalvision, no radio operated missles, no working vests, many "engine" limitations make this game good only for infantry fights, modern war is electronic war too (althought blind area bombarding is not in engine too)

agree, this is like vietnam era, with modern weapons. i expected more electronic stuff, but got dissapointed. even the infrared laser dont work, but its modelled in m4 sopmod, not to mention the laser range finder in m16 crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

ontopic modern warfare for me yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

make laser sights! just long long long red line as model. and it'll be über laser going threw the walls! biggrin_o.gif

Had to go Modern. But, a bit sick of the deserts though! Need a good woodland or jungle fix.Also, you can't find the M249 in any other era. It is the best anger management tool I've ever come across, other than the wall. But he wins every time!

Modern Warfare? Yes!

Iraq? Oh please, no more of that, it`s getting boring.

Moder Warfare must not mean war in Iraq, don`t know how you get that idea? huh.gif

I don't have a favorite but Korea, WW1 era (excluding west front) and recent small wars like Panama and Balkans would be pretty neat.

what about afghanistan that would be allright.

i actually voted medieval lol that would be jokes with some robin hood style combat.