Sign in to follow this  
hneel

Anyone ever won ambush"?

Just curious.

This is the 2nd 'single' mission. The objective is to take over 2 towns. But the enemies overweight is massive. When you reach the first town, they come with a tank platoon, and by then most of your teammates are dead.

Did anyone ever succeed in winning this mission?

After playing the demo ambush mission so much, the first time I played the ambush mission in the full version I cleared the villages and won.

I have, its one of my favorite missions.

You should only lose less than 2 of the squad in the first town(the 2 buildings).

Then I get to the large town and take it over killing the men in the truck with a captured RPG. It will then autosave and the tanks come along. hide in a bush and pick them off.

This mission was on the demo so I had it perfected nearly a year ago tounge.gif

When i played it, i captured the town without the tanks comming towards it. How? I shot and killed every fleeing soldier i saw. If you notice in the first town there are a quite few of them. See you guys didn't noticed them or they where to far for you to shoot them and let them live. You just let them call in the support biggrin.gif

I only ever cleared it once on the demo and i had to get the RPG myself

ambush ambush very easy one well when team spirit follow.

first tell to your squad to put mines on road

and then get all the satchels they can take

+ 1 guy to get a LAW

and while that

the leader get the hided TRUCK in bushes.

get with truck back to the soldiers location

(they putted mines on the road near the spawn so near the rocks)

you quickly pick them up (the soldiers).

then you go if i remember north east longing the beach

(if you don t the BMP will fuck your truck)

there is the airport then

move along the fence of the airport limits east of it

(with a good distance of it so you can t see what s on airport

because of the hill).

move till you get near the airport buildings.

(do it fast cuz a chopper is taking off and surely the convoy just blowed on the mines that your team planted).

and don t get too near of it cuz the T80 will fuck you up

then all team crawl behind the airport s building

(sneaking).

west of airport s buildings there is 2 hinds

and north west of it a BMP

north of it a T80

quickly order to the LAW guy to target the BMP but not shooting!!! just targeting.

while giving this order tell to the guy that have satchels

to crawl till behind the T80 (just after the "hill" curve)

and put a satchel behind it then tell him to go back near airport s buildings.

tell also some guys to target the pilots.

after this things quickly done,

tell to all of them FIRE!!!!!!

(satchel touch off + law firing + soldiers taking down the pilots).

after that you ll have the T80 crew getting out of the tank.

don t forget them or you ll get killed.

now take the BEST pilots for each the 2 hinds and the BEST

gunners for these hinds.

and done just wipe the trucks that were reaching for airport

(the trucks should be CENTER LEFT of the airport so they still have long way to do to get in airport).

you should have ALL the time to get them

if you did all i wrote before FAST

i mean without stopping or waiting at beginning for a guy that did not take the train at good time.

after the trucks you ll have the small village

(extreme north west of island).

the village is pain of butt cuz the

ennemy troops are hiding everywhere taking cover behind trees and all.....

well i m writing all of this cuz AMBUSH is the best exiting COOP i ve seen to now

(after NIGHT AMBUSH)

i think, the one where you have to do same as here

but in night and blow also a fuel station.

but i still think that night ambush is quite more difficult.

would like to thx the admin of OFP editing center and

the admins of here to have banned me from forums

HLQ2ACTION.

WELL anyway i wanna GET BACK HERE with my

fuckign HLQ2ACTION nickname.

thx admins to post a new post.

(and don t try to ban me again because if you do

will do a new hotmail account in some 1 min

then will set OUTLOOK with it

then will use my other name so all you can do is wasting your time banning me and waste DATA BASE USER LIST for nothing).

thx @ admins dictators

If you were banned as HLQ2ACTION then you were banned for a reason, posting rights for DABIGFOOL have now also been removed, if you wish to PM me and remind me why you were originally banned I may consider removing the ban on your original account, otherwise you will simply continue to be banned.

Iv beaten it before, but i just did it again. Survived with two other squad members, and was credited with 27 infantry kills, a BMP and a Ural.

Hi It's my forst post here smile.gif

Anyway on Ambush I find it very difficult to fight my way into the larger city (on the road Bravo Squad were supposed to advance down)

I have made it a couple of times into the city and cleared it. But when the heavy armour shows up I get ordered to the beach for evac by a chopper. Never managed to destroy the tanks themselves.

Wow!, I've never seen any armour!. I've finished Ambush over ten times as well!. lets go back and have a look see!... wow.gif

Ambush is quite nasty at times. When I first played it my squad were killed very quickly, and then papa bear informed me that I had to find my own way out. Sure enough tanks came rolling up the hill from the village and kept firing at me until I was dead. I hated it at first but over time I managed to keep my squad alive and finally retreat to the chopper on the beach. Damn annoying

I think the key to success is the Ural with Russian reinforcements that comes in before the Tanks show up. Every Time I rpg-ed the Ural I won the mission (you have to destroy the truck while it's still moving, once the soldiers climb out it's too late).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BoonieRat @ July 02 2002,14:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow!, I've never seen any armour!. I've finished Ambush over ten times as well!. lets go back and have a look see!... wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Same here. wow.gif

I usually steal an RPG in the first village and then drive the UAZ to where the reinforcement Ural will arrive, picking up a few Russian hood ornaments on the way. Mopping up is straightforward, but no armor.

I dont know if you can still find it on the search but I gave info along time ago on how to beat it easy. Grab rpg from first town and jeep, then head N. and you will see all the tank crew out of tanks. I think you get the idea here smile.gif 1 or two rpg's to the middle of the group will do. Grab any tank you want and go have fun wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Same here.

<span id='postcolor'>

Wierd ain't it?. since reading this, and going back, I encounter Armour every time. I'm not sure if BIS changed some endings in a patch or theres some strange kinda magik goin on!, you know!,like if you're thinking about someone you 'sure as little boys squash ants' bump into them..., that kinda thing. wink.gif

What you can do is at the start of the mission run behind houdan shoot the driver of the jeep then shoot the others as they get out. Steal the RPG then run onto the hill in the west and go by dourdan and you can shoot the RPG into the middle of all the men so that the tank crews will be killed then you can steal the tanks and go on a rampage its fun but can be tricky.

sorry i didnt notice someone already posted the thing about the RPG and the armor crew.

Madmike - how do you pick off all of the tanks? I've tried that and I only get killed because the others that were with the first one nail me. Besides, it take me 3 rounds to get one. And this is with enemy soldiers running all over the place.