Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Arma FDF Sound Pack v1.3

great sounds, but the planes a10/harrier are way to loud.

u can hear them all over the map. i know that u hear a jet-engine

over many kilometers, but its better when u ajust that to the game

so u cant hear them when the lift off somewhere.

maybe let the sound apear about 5 km or something.

but great work !!!!

thx

Quote[/b] ]great sounds, but the planes a10/harrier are way to loud.

Ever heard a A10 in real life? They are damn loud with their turbofans! wink_o.gif

Sounds very nice wink_o.gif Good work, like everytime smile_o.gif

Btw.: News on armedassault.info

You can find the download here

I was not a fan of the first two versions, but this release is simply amazing. I'm really glad someone decided to tackle the player movement sounds. These new sounds make the game extremely immersive. I absolutely love them, not to mention tons of other sounds, but I only did a quick test. Just from that you get this.. thumbs-up.gif

I also had a look at the config....now that is a full sound mod! Tons of detail. notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]great sounds, but the planes a10/harrier are way to loud.

Ever heard a A10 in real life? They are damn loud with their turbofans! wink_o.gif

hehehehe, read my post, i said that i know that they are loud,

but you have to ajust that to the surroundings. so if we have

an island that is smaller than the "reallife" soundrange of an harrier/a10 than there is somethin wrong biggrin_o.gif

but everything else is nice !!!

i also have to add that the new supersonic crack is not my cup of tea. feels too weak. the older one was better i think. but i like fromz's sp crack better. maybe i'll just edit them. though probably have problems with multiplayer because it is signed...

i also have to add that the new supersonic crack is not my cup of tea. feels too weak. the older one was better i think. but i like fromz's sp crack better. maybe i'll just edit them. though probably have problems with multiplayer because it is signed...

Yes, they should bring a version with the old "crack"!

To be serious, this new thing in 1.3 .... you simply CAN NOT call it "crack" anymore.

Also i do call to your mind: The New M4 sound is many lightyears away from something like realism.

We all knows that FDF-Sounds was never very real-life like, but 1.3 has really "shot the bird down" confused_o.gif

I think they should had better worked a bit with the community together and asked "us" first, what we think from certain sounds.

Best Regards, Christian

I think they should had better worked a bit with the community together and asked "us" first, what we think from certain sounds.

It seems like a large percentage of the community share these kind of opinions, but it is the fact that they create this for themselfs.

I guess the FDF team like these sounds over the previous sounds or else they would not have changed them.

I do like the sounds but share the opinion that the crack in the previous version was better

i also have to add that the new supersonic crack is not my cup of tea.
The New M4 sound is many lightyears away from something like realism. We all knows that FDF-Sounds was never very real-life like...

Can you see the difference? Have some respect. mad_o.gif

To be serious, this new thing in 1.3 .... you simply CAN NOT call it "crack" anymore.

Also i do call to your mind: The New M4 sound is many lightyears away from something like realism.

We all knows that FDF-Sounds was never very real-life like, but 1.3 has really "shot the bird down"  confused_o.gif

Best Regards, Christian

You are being far too harsh in your comments. Take it down a notch, please.

We all knows that FDF-Sounds was never very real-life like, but 1.3 has really "shot the bird down"  confused_o.gif

Best Regards, Christian

One Simple Solution.

Quote[/b] ]USE 1.2

Moron.

Btw im just testing this pack version and i like it. Its very good.

I've downloaded v1.3, tested it and changed back to v1.2... Although i like the new sounds there is no really feeling for me. Maybe i just play to long with the old version crazy_o.gif

Nothing better to do than reacting on my critic comments?

To call me a "moron", Mr. Matt Rochelle isn't better too! rofl.gif

Its the point of the FDF-creators to answer on my comments, not yours! Please keep that in mind.

I, because i'm always very fair in conversations and discussions, would never take party for any side, neither for such a sound mod, nor if they had give us all 10.000 bucks!

To be critic is very important these days, you'll see the bad example in the USA this days, were the masses are not critic anymore and tend to accept everything which their ruthless, corporation and neoconservative controlled politicians say.

Also i try to be nice in every post i write, there is never any bad-word or something like that, just critics and often comparisons to explain how it feels or in this case sounds to me.

Please also keep that in mind before "attacking" me.

And:

Quote[/b] ]One Simple Solution.

USE 1.2

Nope, because i like the most new sounds - only supersonic "crack", m4 and AKSU74 sounds way to "artificial" - like when you use percussions or drums or made by a synthesizer.

Best Reagards, Christian

Nothing better to do than reacting on my critic comments?

To call me a "moron", Mr. Matt Rochelle isn't better too! rofl.gif

Its the point of the FDF-creators to answer on my comments, not yours! Please keep that in mind.

I, because i'm always very fair in conversations and discussions, would never take party for any side, neither for such a sound mod, nor if they had give us all 10.000 bucks!

To be critic is very important these days, you'll see the bad example in the USA this days, were the masses are not critic anymore and tend to accept everything which their ruthless, corporation and neoconservative controlled politicians say.

Also i try to be nice in every post i write, there is never any bad-word or something like that, just critics and often comparisons to explain how it feels or in this case sounds to me.

Please also keep that in mind before "attacking" me.

And:

Quote[/b] ]One Simple Solution.

USE 1.2

Nope, because i like the most new sounds - only supersonic "crack", m4 and AKSU74 sounds way to "artificial" - like when you use percussions or drums or made by a synthesizer.

Best Reagards, Christian

Then tell them so... and that is all.

All the blabble about FDF not following their "customer's" need is, to say the least, totally unneeded.

1 thing to remember : they don't owe us a-ny-thing. They gave us something for free.

Sad to hear that folks don´t like the sonic cracks, those are live recordings.

Quote[/b] ]Goeth:Sad to hear that folks don´t like the sonic cracks, those are live recordings.

lol Goeth..this was the best answer to "this is not realistic" whiners who only heard gunshots from some TV show footage recorded by handycam mics biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the mirrors Stavanger and ofpdeadeye thumbs-up.gif

It would be appreciated if someone who run´s server could test the signed thingie if it works like it should work.

I think the FDF team has done an outstanding job.

About the "not realistic" argument...

As I thought Goeth confirmed it is a real sound. It wasn't "made up".

To say the truth even from live footages you have very few chances to always hear the exact same sound. It depends on the mic quality, where the gun is shooting (cave, shooting range, field, street etc...), the ammo used and many other factors. Two guys could record the same weapon without having the same sounds. That happens a lot.

Even when you enter houses in ArmA and shoot from inside the sound isn't "real". The sound isn't "static". It reacts to factors.

So if you want a sound pack that suits your opinion of realism make your own.

I'm pretty sure the folks from FDF deserve at least that you ask them how they "made" their crack sound before criticizing.

It's like telling a baker "You should have added some salt!" without even ASKing if he did. Try to do that to a great chef and he'll throw at you whatever's close to his hand! (from Goeth's answer I guess Finnish chefs are more cold blooded than others! lol)

The many people who use their own time and sometimes money for our pleasure free of charge deserve more respect than that.

Example:

- QG which is mostly a bunch of addons and a campaign was sold about 15€ when it was out if I remember correctly.

- back in the OFP days the FDF, WGL mods (and MANY others) these mods way where a HUGE improvement: free of charge. In ArmA many addons, softwares (like ArmA edit), sound packs, scripts, missions: free of charge.

THANK FOR GOOD WORK FDF TEAM !!

xmas_o.gif

do you want more link ?