Sign in to follow this  
hypno toad

(wip) insurgency

This mission takes place in Pariso, and the areas around it (like the airfield) Pariso is a populated city with civilians who go about their daily business, so marines must not fire upon them.

There are 4 teams (three playable), here are their descriptions and objectives:

-OPFOR- Civilians that are sided with the SLA team, so they are unfriendly to BLUFOR.

Their objective is to drive to ammo caches (marked on map), stock up the cars, and bring them back to base. Once there is enough ammo at their base, they can start coordinating attacks on marines.

-BLUFOR- US soldiers that are stationed at the airfield, they have APC's multiple types of helicopters, and plenty of weaponry.

Their objective is to patrol the streets, while looking for insurgent cars loaded with ammo and weaponry. They must try to starve the insurgents of weapons, so that they cannot have the means to fight properly.

-Independant: "In for the money" mercenaries. it consists of 6 players slots. The mercenaries are shown as freindly to both insurgents and U.S soldiers. But they should be considered nuetral because they can decide who they want to work for, sell guns to, or even kill.

When playing as the other teams, it is best not to fire upon the mercenaries unless it is really necessary. Because they are armed to the teeth and can come down on you like a tonne of bricks if they want to.

-Civilians: (not playable) they are meant to make insurgent recognization more difficult, and make it so the marines have to watch their fire.

here are a few screenshots, in game and in the editor.

overviewcs1.th.jpg

overview3bj0.th.jpg

overviw2fg7.th.jpg

screenshot1na4.th.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210....MG]

I have not yet thought of a way to end the rounds, but I will probably think of something soon.

Cool idea, i was thinking of something similar too, but on an island scale, with an iraq theme to it, e.g. checkpoints, IEDs, and some sort of point/money system to buy upgrades and stuff like that. But ive drifted away from mission making for months now.

So i'll definately give this a look pistols.gif

Ahh, very cool!

Can we expect to ever see this make its way to a more- deserty city?

It would be amzing!!!!!

The thing about this mission was that it is supposed to go along with the ArmA story, it is like the aftermath of the previous story.

I have wanted a mission like this for ages - never got round to making it myself. I dont think you should have a way to end the rounds just make it persistant - either bluefor controll or SLA it would be more real IMO

You get a penalty, I will see if I can make some sort of prison.

I might need somebody to finish this mission for me, my skills aren't really advanced enough to do the last finishing touches.

--------------

As for an update, I am finished everything except for getting the respawns working, and making a penalty system.

Here is the updated overhead:

editorba4.jpg

Green marker = green zone

Red Marker = Militia territory

Yellow Markers = Ammo Cache areas

I can't belive that I haven't seen this topic before.

I was only wryting down exactly the same idea to start to develop it but without RACS.

I though that if BLUFOR have full control of the island but certain spots, like the mountines and so on, where OPFOR can have hides, and set defences so we get some decent gerrilla warfare.

OPFOR could have acces to a few AA missiles to force BLUFOR to transport suplies by road between air bases, so they would have to worry about their convoys big time, and the SLA players would have chance to get some more weapons and amunition by assaulting this convoys.

If one airbase is only being suplied from the other one and can only be run with this suplies the BLUFOR players would be forced to make this convoys.

This kind of mission is going to make every unit and weapon in the game to be necessary.

BTW, satchels should be easy for SLA to obtain, representing IED's.

I have lots of ideas for this if you like me to share them.

I can't wayt to play this in a dedicated server.

PS: I have the impression that you are building this around the airbase, and I'm thinking full scale here. The reason why I'm thinking full scale is because the more terrain covered the more options.

A full server runing this would be amazing.

I can't belive that I haven't seen this topic before.

I was only wryting down exactly the same idea to start to develop it but without RACS.

I though that if BLUFOR have full control of the island but certain spots, like the mountines and so on, where OPFOR can have hides, and set defences so we get some decent gerrilla warfare.

OPFOR could have acces to a few AA missiles to force BLUFOR to transport suplies by road between air bases, so they would have to worry about their convoys big time, and the SLA players would have chance to get some more weapons and amunition by assaulting this convoys.

If one airbase is only being suplied from the other one and can only be run with this suplies the BLUFOR players would be forced to make this convoys.

This kind of mission is going to make every unit and weapon in the game to be necessary.

BTW, satchels should be easy for SLA to obtain, representing IED's.

I have lots of ideas for this if you like me to share them.

I can't wayt to play this in a dedicated server.

PS: I have the impression that you are building this around the airbase, and I'm thinking full scale here. The reason why I'm thinking full scale is because the more terrain covered the more options.

A full server runing this would be amazing.

I think you should make yours, it sound like it would be a blast.

Mine was meant for a more enclosed style gameplay. Based around one city. But still, it would be nice to have more than one type. I think you should do yours.

i think there is a money system of some sort in the spon scripts that are released on armaholic site , havet gotten the time to try 'em out yet because of intensive school work but maybe during christmas holiday i can try the stuff out a bit.

Your mission sounds exciting. inlove.gif

order more or better weapons (deadlier) ... vehicles and so on ...

or fund mercenary / terrorist strikes lol

order more or better weapons (deadlier) ... vehicles and so on ...

or fund mercenary / terrorist strikes lol

Yeah! The dealer could save up and hire a mercenary group to try and beat the US and the Insergency!

The motivation for the Insergents is that they need to buy better weapons than they can scavinge from the US

I might change the RACS to a mercenary team instead of arms dealers, I will make them friendly to both sides, but they can turn on/help whoever they want at any time.

I will make it up to the mercenary players.

Sorry this is taking so long, I am still having difficulties with the respawn system, and punishment system, would there be any experienced mission editors willing tot take over and add a few things to spice up the game (maybe a money system, and the ability to set up camps)

Alright, I have changed the arms dealers to mercenaries, there are 6 mercenary player slots. They can get assigned unofficial, under the table jobs, and they can do gun running, to both teams.

And they have a shitload of weaponry. So if I ever get around to finishing this, and you are playing, do not screw with the mercenaries, because they will come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

I'm very keen to see or rather play this mission!

Hell no.

-----

A bit of an update, I am just deciding to forget respawning civilians, if you kill them, you lose score, and you teamates might even see you as an opposing team.

But, I still need to get vehicle respawns, and player respawns working.

I am not figuring out how to do this respawn stuff, so if anybody could take over to finish up the last little part, I would really appreciate it. Plus I am sure you guys will because it will finally be finished.

You get a penalty, I will see if I can make some sort of prison.

I might need somebody to finish this mission for me, my skills aren't really advanced enough to do the last finishing touches.

--------------

As for an update, I am finished everything except for getting the respawns working, and making a penalty system.

Here is the updated overhead:

editorba4.jpg

Green marker = green zone

Red Marker = Militia territory

Yellow Markers = Ammo Cache areas

Here's an idea if it's possible: if you shoot civilians in view of other civilians or BLUEFOR than all become hostile to you and will kill you on sight.