now all we need are some type 90 tanks and some APCs

Great work fromz

now all we need are some type 90 tanks and some APCs

*cough*type98*cough*

哎,fromz,你太棒了。我还没有时间试你的units,但你的武器我已经试过了,特别了不起。

我很希望你能继续给ArmA做Addon。

@Fromz

I cannot play the demo mission. I get the following error message:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.MR_Addons

What are MR_Addons? This is not included in the pack.

Quote[/b] ]The link won't work now. I've been trying for an hour to dl to my other computer but it times out around 30% everytime. hmmm, interesting.

Yep %30 and the download stopped

Quote[/b] ]Lets hope a mirror pops up soon Looking great Fromz. I can't wait to give these units a go.

Download links updated, Thanks a lot for armedassault.info,armaholic.com and Combat Prison:)

Quote[/b] ]Good & Original stuff...thanks.

Would be the time for a good bunch of chinese voices to add with WolfrugDSAI.

Regards

Sure, With pleasure.

Quote[/b] ]now all we need are some type 90 tanks and some APCs

Excellent work, agreed that we now need a few vehicles for these guys.

Chinese good MBT is TYPE98, TYPE99 and TYPE99B,TYPE90 isn't Chinese i think. and APC , I will think about that.

Right now I'm just throwin in some of the helmeted guys in as tank crew into an empty BIS T-72, however, it would be nice to have a Chinese T-72 with your men featuring a tanker helmet/intercom system where they are designated as tank crewmen.    For weapons maybe equip them with the same short barrelled weapon as the SABOT soldiers.   I LOVE that weapon for CQB.   I raided a town using that solider (in a squad) and I was AMAZED at how easily I could mow down enemy soldiers with that weapon at short-range.  At long range it was not the best weapon....but in CQB it OWNS!!!

At any rate... yes please continue developing this mod.  I LOVE IT!   You remind me of the famous Andy Lee of the Roc Mod 3 in OFP.   If you get a chance see how ol' Andy is doing.  I remember he was having family health problems and was a bit sad last I talked to him.  I hope everything is better with him.  Maybe you can recruit Andy Lee to join your mod.  He is an amazing person with a BIG heart.  He's my favorite Chinese addon maker for OFP.  smile_o.gif

Whatever happens, I see your mod with a HUGE future.  There are many other FANTASTIC Chinese addon makers out there from the VME Mod (like Tonyranger85) who might be able to help you.   Both of the last two addon makers I can say helped my mod (The Lost Brothers) ENORMOUSLY in OFP.   They are good people who I hope you will be able to contact.  smile_o.gif

Keep up the AWESOME work and continue to grow and prosper!!!  I am LOVING your work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Team Leader of the Lost Brothers Mod (OFP/ArmA)

Freaking awesome, best addon for ArmA since RHS Russian Forces... AND it has new models!

Nice work (AND damn fast work too) Fromz!

smile_o.gif

I got the error "MR_Addons" are missing and the demo-mission breaks down.

So i started to look at the new models. Well, i saw mediocrity and ... bugs (missing head-shot-texture for example).

Probably why i am disappointed in the Fromz-stuff has one reason:

http://files.filefront.com/octopus....fo.html (mp3, Major Orlov in the JamesBond-movie "Octopussy": "The WEST is decadent and ...") and i am from west.

Well done Fromz.

I'm administrator in the Check Your Six forum (spanish simulation community) and we're evaluating your mod to use it as a replace for the SLA troops in all our missions. In a very short time (before Xmas) your mod will be included in the Cy6 Official pack.

¿Are you planning add chinese crewmembers, pilots, officers and snipers in ghillie suit to your mod?.

I got the error "MR_Addons" are missing and the demo-mission breaks down.

So i started to look at the new models. Well, i saw mediocrity and ... bugs (missing head-shot-texture for example).

Probably why i am disappointed in the Fromz-stuff has one reason:

http://files.filefront.com/octopus....fo.html (mp3, Major Orlov in the JamesBond-movie "Octopussy": "The WEST is decadent and ...") and i am from west.

mediocrity? I'd like to see you do better. In my opinion these addons are some of the best made so far in ArmA. He was able to achieve quite a bit with this addon that is very difficult (custom infantry model, weapons animations, custom weapons, random faces, most of their blood textures, etc...). Putting down people's addons is not very helpful. If you don't like it, don't download it and stick with your "West" addons and retextured soldiers.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Crap, that Chinese text didn't come out right. Anyway, all I was saying, fromz, is that you've done an awesome job on this so far. As for the Type 90, it is Chinese, but it was never produced in large quantities. The modern Chinese MBT is the Type 99, which I believe is being produced in sizeable quantities right now.

I can do Chinese voice recordings (in two dialects, Mandarin and Shanghaiese) if you need them.

Regarding getting Chinese voices for my DSAI : if someone has a nice collection of chinese voices, or even better, is feeling up to recording some, please send 'em over! I'm working on v.0.45 right now that should allow language-pack makers and the like a fairly easy time giving their addons their own languages to be used with the DSAI. smile_o.gif

As to the addon itself: truly excellent work! The police dudes in particular look very cool. biggrin_o.gif Although their weapons do seem to have quite a lot of recoil - as opposed to most country's specific weaponry, which almost always seems to be the top of the best of the best tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

As to what more I'd be interested in, the first thing that comes to mind is some kind of light car/truck/APC to go with the special forces. Or a helicopter. notworthy.gif

Great work!

Regards,

Wolfrug

you give us some great stuff Fromz. good job ! thumbs-up.gif

now i always replace the SLA side with your troops. so i noticed some little problems on those units :

- CSF Urban Squad Leader

- CSF Urban Troop Leader

- CSF Urban Crew

they wear Woodland camo

- CSF Woodland Pipe

- CSF Woodland Pipe 2

- CSF Woodland Marksmen

they wear Urban camo, and the typo Marksmen should be Marksman

Voila, can't wait for more units from you ! xmas_o.gif

Yes, I Realized that, but fit skin on the new models need long time, I don't have so many times, Maybe I 'll fix that at next version.

Quote[/b] ]"MR_Addons" Problem

I fixed, Download new missions at here

Quote[/b] ]Well done Fromz.

I'm administrator in the Check Your Six forum (spanish simulation community) and we're evaluating your mod to use it as a replace for the SLA troops in all our missions. In a very short time (before Xmas) your mod will be included in the Cy6 Official pack.

¿Are you planning add chinese crewmembers, pilots, officers and snipers in ghillie suit to your mod?.

I'd love to. But not now, I'm very busy at my work for Livelihood.Ha, biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Crap, that Chinese text didn't come out right. Anyway, all I was saying, fromz, is that you've done an awesome job on this so far. As for the Type 90, it is Chinese, but it was never produced in large quantities. The modern Chinese MBT is the Type 99, which I believe is being produced in sizeable quantities right now.

I can do Chinese voice recordings (in two dialects, Mandarin and Shanghaiese) if you need them.

Thanks very much, I will have a contact when I need your help.:) thanks.

Quote[/b] ]you give us some great stuff Fromz. good job !

now i always replace the SLA side with your troops. so i noticed some little problems on those units :

- CSF Urban Squad Leader

- CSF Urban Troop Leader

- CSF Urban Crew

they wear Woodland camo

- CSF Woodland Pipe

- CSF Woodland Pipe 2

- CSF Woodland Marksmen

they wear Urban camo, and the typo Marksmen should be Marksman

Voila, can't wait for more units from you !

Time solve every problem.

Very nice. I really like the weapons alot. Textures need to be refined on the soldiers though in my opinion. The boonie hats look so awesome with the woodland camo. Also, the backpack on Sabot (Saboteur?) doesn't move normally when running but it still looks cool. Can't wait for updates! biggrin_o.gif

~ Oh, by the way:

Quote[/b] ]Time solve every problem.

Ancient Chinese Proverb? nener.gif

These are awesome. I'm so glad to see something worth using as Opfor over the standard Russian type soldiers. I love the weapon variants and the inclusion of the scoped QB-rifle puts them on par with the US Blufor soldiers using the ACOG! The Chinese machine gun has such a great feel to it when firing out on troops maneuvering in the distance!!! smile_o.gif

Thank you!

Looking forward to maybe an eventual inclusion of some tanks and such. Or if anything, just the refinement of these soldiers. i dont mind using non accurate tanks alongside these guys.

Great work, keep it up!!!!

Time solve every problem.

or some quick config editing nener.gif

i opened the .cpp in the replacement.pbo, i think i found where the the problem is : xxx_w instead xxx_u

i'll try this after work