fromz

Fromz's Chinese Stuff

Do you tired of the reskin?

Do you tired of the old BI model of the static?

Do you tired of be a NATO soldier?

Have you experienced use of 5.8mm caliber firearms?

CSF_muster.jpg

csfrele003.jpg

csfrele001.jpg

csfrele002.jpg

READY TO FIRE!

Since November 3rd to December 3rd, 2007, Too many energy have been cost... Thanks everyone come to my support.

The ArmA: China Special Force Verion1.0  and Chinese Firearms 1.01  released

Special Thanks Panda[PL] to help me refine the chinese weapon animation scripts. Thank you very much!

Big thanks my wife and all the enthusiastic friends in community, I'm nothing to make a song about without you! After this work, I'll keep the pot boiling, Real life awaiting, Ha!

China Special Force

================================

Version 1.0

Include Chinese Firearms 1.01  (unattached addon)

Include Chinese East Turkistan terrorist forces Addon (a simple civilian to Armed Resistance replacement script, unattached addon)

ADDON DESCRIPTION

===========================

This addon represents Chinese Special Operations and plain clothed units

Type 1997 Woodland Uniform (T97 Woodland)

Type 2007 Urban Digital Uniform (T07 Urban)

Type 2007 Police Digital Uniform (T07 Police)

And, You see All the Units are completely different to BI or reskin units, They are new models.

The Units use Chinese Firearms are included by "fromz_chnwps.pbo"

TERMS OF USE

The China Special Force addon (hereafter 'Software'wink_o.gif contains units to be used in the game "Armed Assault" . To use the Software you must agree to the following conditions of use:

1. The creator grants to you a personal, nonexclusive license to use the Software for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and distributing non-commercial simulation content for ArmA.

2. The commercial exploitation of any game content created using the Software is expressly prohibited.

4. Reverse-engineering, or other conversion of the Software for use with any game except ArmA is expressly prohibited.

5. The Software may only be re-distributed in its entirety, complete with this "ReadMe" document.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

The China Special Force addon is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The China Special Force addon is not an official Addon or tool. Use of the China Special Force addon (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

INSTALLATION

To begin using the addon:

1. Extract the PBO files in fromz_stuff.rar to your 'ArmA/Addons directory' or a 'ArmA/modfolder/adds directory'.

2.Totalize 4 files: "fromz_chnsf.pbo"; "fromz_chnsf.pbo.FROMZ.bisign.pbo"; "fromz_chnwps.pbo"; "fromz_chnwps.pbo.FROMZ.bisign".

3. For convenience, I suggest put my PBO file to your 'ArmA/@Fromz/Addons' folder, in that way you can get together all Fromz's Addons, e.g. intending "FFAMM1.4 sound and effects mod".

4. Units - Side - OPFOR - Class - CSF T07 Police - Units OR Groups - Side - OPFOR - Type - CHINA SPECIAL FORCES

5. For the lazy way to use my addons, and use in many missions, I made an Units replacement addons, Just copy "fromz_chnsf_replacement.pbo"and"fromz_chnsf_replacement.pbo.FROMZ.bisign.p

bo" to your addons folder same as the other CSF files, the OPFOR Units will be replaced in game. Make sure don't use other replacement addons at the same time.

DEMO MISSION

mission003.jpg

There is a very aborative edit mission by myself for this  Addon, In the "Missions" folder, Copy it to ArmA\Missions and play, If you interest about this, Check detail HERE.Download the new fixed mission HERE 11MB.

UNITS CODES

T97 Woodland

FROMZ_sabot_w

FROMZ_mg_w

FROMZ_marksmen_w

FROMZ_sniper_w

FROMZ_recon_w

FROMZ_at_w

FROMZ_assault_w

T07 Urban

FROMZ_sabot_u

FROMZ_mg_u

FROMZ_marksmen_u

FROMZ_sniper_u

FROMZ_recon_u

FROMZ_at_u

FROMZ_assault_u

T07 Police

FROMZ_sabot_p

FROMZ_mg_p

FROMZ_marksmen_p

FROMZ_sniper_p

FROMZ_assault_p

Chinese Firearms Version 1.01 Update

1. Correct the QBZ95,QBZ95_GL, QBZ95_SCP, QSZ92, QSW06, QBB95, QBU88's dexterity and dispersion

2. Rework at rifle tracers, made them look batter

3. Reskin Chinese Firarms' Weapon Box and Transfigure the gear UI for Ammo box

4. Change the weapons default color fromdeep shinny blue to deep gray blue

5. Correct the QSZ92,QSW06's power

6. Refine the shot sound of QBZ95B and QBU88

7. Correct the QBU88's optic rate

8. Fix the LOD's no texture problem of QBZ95B

9. Transfigure the PF89, PF98, QBZ95_SCP, QBU88's optic map, and let PF89B and PF98's optic map matching the widescreen

10. Add the correct ammo description of  LG1 grenade luncher

11. Add the correct ammo description of QSZ92,QSW06

WEAPONS MAGAZINES AMMO CODES

QBZ95 - 30Rnd_580x42_DPB87 - DPB87_580x42_round

QBZ95_GL - 30Rnd_580x42_DPB87 - DPB87_580x42_round

(LG1Muzzle) - 1Rnd_HE_LG1 - G_35mm_HE

- FlareWhite_LG1 - F_35mm_Yellow

- FlareGreen_LG1 - F_35mm_Yellow

- FlareRed_LG1 - F_35mm_Yellow

- FlareYellow_LG1 - F_35mm_Yellow

QBZ95_SCP - 30Rnd_580x42_DPB87 - DPB87_580x42_round

QBZ95B - 30Rnd_580x42_DPB87 - DPB87_580x42_round

QBB95 - 75Rnd_580x42_DPB87 - DPB87_580x42_QBB95

QBU88 - 10Rnd_580x42_DPB87 - DPB87_580x42_QBU88

QSZ92 - 20Rnd_580x21_DAP92 -DAP92_580x21_ball

- 20Rnd_580x21_DAP92SD -DAP92_580x21_SD

QSW06 - 20Rnd_580x21_DAP92 -DAP92_580x21_ball

- 20Rnd_580x21_DAP92SD -DAP92_580x21_SD

PF89B - PF89B - PF89BRocket

PF98 - PF98 - PF98Rocket

Type95 Binoculars 7x40   - T95_Bino

Firearms CN - Fromz_AmmoBox

Download at armedassault.info smile_o.gif

Download at armaholic.com smile_o.gif

Download at Combat Prison smile_o.gif

Download Link 36MB (Chinese server, maybe slow)

Enjoy smile_o.gif

- Polo Fromz

Zhuozhou China

welcome.gif  inlove.gif

• Confused 1

Will try.

I know from screens the weapons are quite pro.

I can't wait for the soldiers, they look totally different than BIS ones and I love the freshness.

The faces remind me of old R6:Rouge Spear.

They also don't look like BF2 models, which is good (I'm tired of BF2).

http://www.bababian.com/phoinfo/A8A9F7AA38271B0C1055C3871449C2AADT

They do look chineese! Which is awesome.

The soldiers need just normal maps for clothes now. You're working really fast. Nice skills there (showed some people how it's done). Can't wait to try them out.

@ Nov. 30 2007,16:49)]Will try.

I know from screens the weapons are quite pro.

I can't wait for the soldiers, they look totally different than BIS ones and I love the freshness.

The faces remind me of old R6:Rouge Spear.

They also don't look like BF2 models, which is good (I'm tired of BF2).

http://www.bababian.com/phoinfo/A8A9F7AA38271B0C1055C3871449C2AADT

They do look chineese! Which is awesome.

The soldiers need just normal maps for clothes now. You're working really fast. Nice skills there (showed some people how it's done). Can't wait to try them out.

Yes, The soldiers model is also totally new.

I use 25 days in breaktime (20:00-03:00) doing these addons,and go to work at 09:30,I am very tired.

I plan,OPS Uniform includ

Type07 Digital Camo

Old Type87 Uniform (As you see, I like this old style)

Face includ type

Camo

Normal Chinese face

And i wolud like to edit one or two profess combat missions for the addons.

oh yes, something really refreshing at last smile_o.gif

I wish it will be used in ECL tournament, they use british forces in OFP, maybe this time we could have more nations and even more variety.

@Fromz: keep it coming mate, great stuff

Fromz, these weapons are INCDREDIBLE! The standard is excellent - all of the weapons are great!

Just curious, where can I find the units in the editor? Blufor? Opfor? Independent? Or aren't they in the pack?

Thanks again mate - the speed in which you've put these weapons together is amazing! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The units aren't released yet, read above.

Fromz, the question about the side is a good one.

I would personally preffer having them on Neutral since then they could fight vs both E and W (which seems OK to me).

Fromz, these weapons are INCDREDIBLE!  The standard is excellent - all of the weapons are great!

Just curious, where can I find the units in the editor?  Blufor? Opfor?  Independent?  Or aren't they in the pack?

Thanks again mate - the speed in which you've put these weapons together is amazing! notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for overpraise smile_o.gif

The units haven't relased, U downloaded only weapons,

But Units almost finished, I don't wanna put a new post for release it. Just here.Please wait a short time.

OPS Units will be stand in Independent, Then You can choose the antagonistic forces.

Is there something wrong with the downloading link or only I have the problem :S huh.gif

the pics look very cool looking forward to see you job wink_o.gif

@CyDoN

The download is also slow for me, must be normal.

Tested them out.

Just minor crits on animations:

- the handgun slide doesn't move when fired (only when empty).

- handgun slide not animated in 3pp (normal resolution LODs - missing selection?).

- rifles have moving cocking handle but the bolt itself stays locked (althougth I know it is probably to save on polycount).

- sniper rifle's cocking handle cycles very slow (because of slow ROF the reload controller is "slow", can be resolved - had the same problem working on anims for PSG1 in Skaven's pack)

- I am not sure if the rifles have a slide catch IRL but the ones ingame don't have one, is that OK?

On the weapons themselves:

- I have impression the handgun dispersion should be lowered, esspecially when prone. Same would go for the rifles aswell. I would make weapon sway much higher instead so that the weapon is as accurate as IRL but the player is not as accurate as the weapon weapon.

- I love the slow readjust of weapon after firing and the way the weapon jumps when fired in fullauto. Big pluss for the recoils, the feeling is great.

- the MG recoil however - I see you tok BIS approach and gave MG an insane recoil whhen standing. It's the same caliber as rifle and it is heavier so in theory it should have lower reoil... I think you should give it a very high hands sway instead (since it is too heavy to hold steadilly).

It might be just me but I have no idea how to use launcher reticle.

Overally (in short, where I mean "in my oppinion" = imo - means it is not rwally a bug, but personal preference):

+ rifle recoils (that's a big pluss ++)

+ models and textures

+ overall feel, reload and fire sounds etc.

+ reticles (like, wow. Really nice)

- extreme dispersion instead of realistic weapon sway (imo)

- extreme bis-alike recoil or MG when not prone (imo)

- handgun slides not fully animated, small bug with sniper anim

- bolt won't open (too late to change that I think, it's just aesthetics so not really a crit)

One request would be for you to host an unbinarised config, I forgot how to unrap things and I would like to take a look and maybe propose some changes.

the problem with the download for me is that it stops at random points i tried to download it several times but it couldnt work :S

wow, looks promising from screenshots.

Downloading...

thumbs-up.gif

The weapons work great.:pistols:

I assume the units are not ready? yes?

Xiu fromz smile_o.gif

Edit: wika_woo already asked about the units.

@ Nov. 30 2007,18:45)]@CyDoN

The download is also slow for me, must be normal.

Tested them out.

Just minor crits on animations:

- the handgun slide doesn't move when fired (only when empty).

- handgun slide not animated in 3pp (normal resolution LODs - missing selection?).

- rifles have moving cocking handle but the bolt itself stays locked (althougth I know it is probably to save on polycount).

- sniper rifle's cocking handle cycles very slow (because of slow ROF the reload controller is "slow", can be resolved - had the same problem working on anims for PSG1 in Skaven's pack)

- I am not sure if the rifles have a slide catch IRL but the ones ingame don't have one, is that OK?

On the weapons themselves:

- I have impression the handgun dispersion should be lowered, esspecially when prone. Same would go for the rifles aswell. I would make weapon sway much higher instead so that the weapon is as accurate as IRL but the player is not as accurate as the weapon weapon.

- I love the slow readjust of weapon after firing and the way the weapon jumps when fired in fullauto. Big pluss for the recoils, the feeling is great.

- the MG recoil however - I see you tok BIS approach and gave MG an insane recoil whhen standing. It's the same caliber as rifle and it is heavier so in theory it should have lower reoil... I think you should give it a very high hands sway instead (since it is too heavy to hold steadilly).

It might be just me but I have no idea how to use launcher reticle.

Overally (in short, where I mean "in my oppinion" = imo - means it is not rwally a bug, but personal preference):

+ rifle recoils (that's a big pluss ++)

+ models and textures

+ overall feel, reload and fire sounds etc.

+ reticles (like, wow. Really nice)

- extreme dispersion instead of realistic weapon sway (imo)

- extreme bis-alike recoil or MG when not prone (imo)

- handgun slides not fully animated, small bug with sniper anim

- bolt won't open (too late to change that I think, it's just aesthetics so not really a crit)

One request would be for you to host an unbinarised config, I forgot how to unrap things and I would like to take a look and maybe propose some changes.

Hey mate, Very Thanks for detailed test smile_o.gif

1.The handgun's animate i will fix as better as i can, But i think i need some help,How tosetup the QBU88's faster animation with slow reload? I don't kown how to set a cumstom animate.

Quote[/b] ]I am not sure if the rifles have a slide catch IRL but the ones ingame don't have one, is that OK?

I'm not sure what's your mean?

3.I think the handgun dispersion will lower when i change its ammo int speed to real, 480m/s

4.The MG-QBB95's real recoil is near mine, I think it's OK, The real weapon isn't to big, it's also light on weight.

Quote[/b] ]extreme bis-alike recoil or MG when not prone
- I will fix that

Quote[/b] ]bolt won't open
yes, too late, but, I will try.

Quote[/b] ]unbinarised config
? OK, you can download at Config.rar

8.Thanks again for test,  firefoxlover.gif

The weapons work great.:pistols:

I assume the units are not ready? yes?

not ready, But almost, I think it will be very soon

Weapons are nice my only complaint is the very high dispersion and the poor sound for the sniper rifle. Can't wait for the units!

What a great addon and addition to ARMA Fromz. Great stuff.

Can't wait to try these weaps out and eagerly awaiting the units (when you're done).

smile_o.gif