Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

P V P

I my time at german bundeswehr, i could hit with a G36 in up to 600m, without any big problem. Even 800m was not impossible.

G3 was harder, but with training and knowlege how this bumbstick shots, 300m wasn't a big deal.

MG3 .. well 4 target on 400m in less than 10sec.

Pistol P8, 50m one hand no problem (looked Hollywood like, but is a regular exercise for out of area missions)

I have the feeling, that the most guys who think ArmA is so ueber-realistic, never hold a gun longer than 10min (or my never at all).

A soldier holds his gun as solid he can, fixed in his shoulder.

But if i fire a gun in ArmA, i don't have the feeling my avatar is holding his gun solid.

I my time at german bundeswehr, i could hit with a G36 in up to 600m, without any big problem. Even 800m was not impossible.

G3 was harder, but with training and knowlege how this bumbstick shots, 300m wasn't a big deal.

MG3 .. well 4 target on 400m in less than 10sec.

Pistol P8, 50m one hand no problem (looked Hollywood like, but is a regular exercise for out of area missions)

I have the feeling, that the most guys who think ArmA is so ueber-realistic, never hold a gun longer than 10min (or my never at all).

A soldier holds his gun as solid he can, fixed in his shoulder.

But if i fire a gun in ArmA, i don't have the feeling my avatar is holding his gun solid.

iv fired lots of guns. Ofp is just a little more realistic than cs

Fine, however BI has to create better working weapon behavoir.

OFP is a good base, ArmA looks acradish and retarded.

Fine, however BI has to create better working weapon behavoir.

Recoil is reworked in 1.09 of ArmA. Look here.

Maybe you will be happy to see that.

Quote[/b] ]

OFP is a good base, ArmA looks acradish and retarded.

Correction (referring to ArmA 1.09):

Quote[/b] ]

ArmA is a good base, OFP looks acradish and retarded.

biggrin_o.gif

The way the characters whole upper body moves with the recoil in OFP just looks retarded now. Looks better in ArmA with only the arms moving.

The way the characters whole upper body moves with the recoil in OFP just looks retarded now. Looks better in ArmA with only the arms moving.

Of course everything is well and great, 10.000 times better as in OFP, ah nevermind...

Of course everything is well and great, 10.000 times better as in OFP, ah nevermind...

Seems you ignored the first part of my post? You don't care about the patch??

Oh yeah of course, a patch, holy patch. Everything will be even more better.

I care about a patch, when i got it.

Till now, there is no 1.09 released.

Bah come on, we have 15. Dez. 2007.

I have my ArmA copy since ehmm over 1 year.

No fixes for e.g. AI pathfining, or eighter for simple

config bugs like this grenade machine gun recoil crap.

I made clip for that ones (one year ago).

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/588555

No i am not happy with this uncomplete software.

I wished BI had made just a small GFX update of OFP 1.96, not more.

They had their money, and time to dev. something new.

But instead of this change all a little, and add some new bugs... pff.

u are completly out of the subject which is how the PvP can be improved.

I also think weapons in OFP are much more fun.

And the way they worked in OFP, would improve player vs. player games in ArmA2. thumbs-up.gif

The CTI and other large scale games could be great, it's the players that let them down.

Huh?!.. you blame the wrong ones.

The broken animations, performance issues and the odd weapon handling are the reason.

OFP is better in this things, and CTI player still play CTI in OFP.

Even CTITC season 8 will still use OFP, and not ArmA.

Acutally, 6 people in my clan bought ArmA. Only one had played OFP. The rest never played it, never cared if it existed.

Every one of us enjoyed ArmA. The weapons, the recoil, the potential, etc

We ALL quit playing due to the overwhelming amount of CooP on the servers. We paid for a server, advertised PvP, and people kept joining only if Evo was loaded.

None of us will buy ArmA 2 unless we see a league or ladder go up for it with more than 1 team signed up.

There was a huge ArmA thread on trying to increase the PvP as people have grown bored with Evo and not many other CooP mods could comapre to it's popularity or structure. Infortunately, it was too late for such and effort.

The CTI and other large scale games could be great, it's the players that let them down.

Huh?!.. you blame the wrong ones.

The broken animations, performance issues and the odd weapon handling are the reason.

OFP is better in this things, and CTI player still play CTI in OFP.

Even CTITC season 8 will still use OFP, and not ArmA.

Acutally, 6 people in my clan bought ArmA. Only one had played OFP. The rest never played it, never cared if it existed.

We ALL quit playing due to the overwhelming amount of CooP on the servers. We paid for a server, advertised PvP, and people kept joining only if Evo was loaded.

None of us will buy ArmA 2 unless we see a league or ladder go up for it with more than 1 team signed up.

There was a huge ArmA thread on trying to increase the PvP as people have grown bored with Evo and not many other CooP mods could comapre to it's popularity or structure. Infortunately, it was too late for such and effort.

You TOTALY expressed my feelings and opinions. That what excaclty i wanted to say. EVO is just for players who dont like competition. ArmA can be a competitive game.

Evo was fun. I played the heck out of it myself. But when it got to the point to where I could defeat it by myself on veteran's mode in about 4 hours....well, it lost it's flavor.

Playing AI squad against AI squad was fun in a way, but I had already figured out the algorithm's of the AI in Evo.

AI just can't match the creativity, imagination, and unpredictable reactionary chracteristics of the human mind.

While I like competition alot, I would pub ArmA2 for the fun of it. A league or ladder would signal me that there was a PvP base in the game.

AI is fun, but any Starcraft Vet will tell you tha BattleNet where it's Players vs Players is where the REAL battles took place biggrin_o.gif

I can play with the AI by myself... Why would i want to do that with other players? I want to fight other ppl smart who would also react like men who fight not like stupid bots tha just run towards u until they die. Btw they also cant hit shit...

Yup, if i had never played OFP since 6 years, i may also never cared.

But i did, and so i know CTI had a huge fanbase in OFP.

Same as CTF.

And ~ 95% of them don't like ArmA, because they know, Bohemia made a better job in the past as today.

Again, there is still a CTI league, and they still play OFP, even if ArmA CTI missions are done now. For a reason.

Evolution is just a reaction, on ArmAs slow & camper friendly gameplay.

Killing AI is the last way to have fun, when your soldier act like a C-3PO robot.

As I said a couple of times, ArmA has the potential to be an MMOFPS pay to play. Non payers can play in limited capacity, but full payers will have ot limit to growth.

It has the engine. It has the ability for very large maps.

Bad part is, I've never paid to play anything, yet I'd be willing for ArmA.

problem with pvp is most players are casual and want to hop into a server and be on the line within a couple of minutes firing the biggest gun available in the crate. ArmA is perfectly capable of allowing much more "realistic" style of PVP, but the problem is next to nobody would join.

Think about it, if you were flown to a LZ, dropped off and had to walk 20 mins to your target to blow up, and you were sniped just as you got there, you would be not too pleased, and most casual players wud call that a night and log off.

I think there is a locked server that u can sign upto that has 100+ players on a "realistic" mission, once a week, with rank structure and u gotta take part and listen, but i've never tried it out myself.

And as for coop, many casuals prefer coop, because in PvP you get the pro's who know the exact spots to hide, the best way to go to attack and the casual gamer is getting killed 5 or 6 times before getting a point himself and they can feel very isolated by it. How many times for eg do you fly into Bezerk airfield, only for a tank, a click ffrom the action, to use you as a clay pigeon ? The guy in the tank knows to camp in Paraiso because AT can't get to him from the AFB, there is no flag and he can sit there the hour without a scratch.

And as for coop, many casuals prefer coop, because in PvP you get the pro's who know the exact spots to hide the best way to go to attack and the casual gamer is getting killed 5 or 6 times before getting a point himself and they can feel very isolated by it. How many times for eg do you fly into Bezerk airfield, only for a tank, a click ffrom the action, to use you as a clay pigeon ? The guy in the tank knows to camp in Paraiso because AT can't get to him from the AFB, there is no flag and he can sit there the hour without a scratch.

berzerk are nice maps. the only in my opinion that still make ArmA palyable in public cause of the coop swarm and the other stupid sahrani life that are for 13olds (its not arma-gameplay). my point is berzerk is nice and we thank zaphod for making it BUT berzerk is an amatur community try to make ArmA PVP. BIS has to make the game being pvp playable by them selfs, they are the professionals... Finnaly Berzerk maps where fun the first days, now not anymore cause of the camping. Almost all times the loosing team has more kills. Why? Beacuse they simply dont try the objective of the map -to capture the positions. If there is a ranking system then people will try to play by the rules, for instance if in this map to be able to get in tank you will need to go to rank Captain for instance and to be captain u ll need to get 1000 points and to get 1000 pints you will need to make kills and the most "pointful" thing will be to do objectives. Lastly if an officer gives orders to his group and they follow them then the ll get more points too as a squad, to keep the ranks useful.

Just look on America's Army Tracker? Its not hard to make like the Honor servers type of thing. Or look at BF2 the same thing here and I think that this will not be painful economicaly for BIS. Just some personal thoughs.

Finnaly if the ArmA2 is again a Coop game it ll loose many of its friends. Why buy the same game when i have ArmA?

All these are personal opinions but i think even the Coop players will have better luck and the game will be generaly more orginized in on-line battles if this happens.

well with the option of points not being shown until the end now, possibly Zap cud add a couple of points for the cap or some such

Personally if the server is busy on a bezerk, I occasionally avoid the action and make it a mission of my own to find the campers dotted around the edges by going way off the edges.

the point is not to prevent camping, camping or whatever u want to call it is a part of every tactical shooter game. this that has to be avoided is the spawn camping.

Finnaly Berzerk maps where fun the first days, now not anymore cause of the camping. Almost all times the loosing team has more kills. Why? Beacuse they simply dont try the objective of the map -to capture the positions.

If there is a ranking system then people will try to play by the rules, for instance if in this map to be able to get in tank you will need to go to rank Captain for instance and to be captain u ll need to get 1000 points and to get 1000 pints you will need to make kills and the most "pointful" thing will be to do objectives.

If you need kills to get points to unlock the ranks to use useful weapons and equipment, do you not think that there will be a MASSIVE increase in so called "camping" and stats padding?

No this will force players to play tacticaly cause if u dont act as team u wont get points (for instance u get 1/4 of your points if u are not near ur leader). Camping is part of the game, but when i comes to massive tank camping that just sux

How about you just don't get any points for killing anyone? Seems like a simple solution right there.

yeah that could be done but there has to be some sort of scoring method for it? anyways i just want to see my favourite game with some logical PvP game that is not just like battelfield or CS.