Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

P V P

We need official PVP maps with player classes and a better respawn system.

In Berzerk maps there is fun but everyone can carry anything, like M249 an a Stinger. so there must be classes mostly cause everyone has a m136 (getting in a shilka or m113 is a suicide).

Also the game should be made this way that groups have to matter and leaders of groups have also to play a big role.

My idea in general is a game like BF 2 in the pholosophy but with the differance in that ArmA is realistic.

Also not so all the times the vehicles to respawn and not in all places.

I feel a good team vs. team multiplayer component is needed. Against AI it's fun but to have a siege on a town, with 20 in defence and 20 or so attacking would be just great. If it was the US attacking then they'd have satellite support or high flying AWACS to tell them where the entrenched enemy is. In defence you have time to set up mines, gun emplacements... If the main focus was on such a scenario then the multiplayer could be amazing.

You can't carry both a launcher and an MG at the same time :P

What you're asking for is easy to do, but I wouldn't bet that BIS will do it. It's more of a community thing.

oh yes you can

what i am saying is that BIS must not have the community do this job. Its up to them to give us a pack of many multiplayer maps.

One problem is that PvP is worthless with all LOL-dudes around. Berzerk maps are quick, forgiving and requires the avarage IQ of a seagul.

To get the more realistic, slow-paced and serious PvP maps to work we need serious, patient players. There are a lot of them out there, but often not playing public PvP maps.

Personally I don't think it will ever get widespread outside of the warsim communities, simply because it more often than not works badly with people running off, refusing to obey orders, not communicating and so on.

oh yes you can

what i am saying is that BIS must not have the community do this job. Its up to them to give us a pack of many multiplayer maps.

I don't think you can mate.

SHow me a picture and I'll eat my words. smile_o.gif

oh yes you can

http://www.imageshack.gr/view.php?file=dbs77w2c0w3o7alz8g1x.jpg

eat your words! :P no addons on clear arma on berzerk map

oh yes you can

http://www.imageshack.gr/view.php?file=dbs77w2c0w3o7alz8g1x.jpg

eat your words! :P no addons on clear arma on berzerk map

The m249 isnt classed as a machinegun (Probably because its quite light compared to other MGs), you cant do it with the m240 or the PK. wink_o.gif

EDIT: I also cant seem to do it with the m249? huh.gif

The m249 isnt classed as a machinegun (Probably because its quite light compared to other MGs), you cant do it with the m240 or the PK. wink_o.gif

u can do it with every weapon. its just a bug

We basically need a game that have separated few gamesmode like Arcade, PvP fast pace action and Cooperation realism. Time to end compromize gameplay beetween realism and playability. Its true that there is hardly any FPS game that have options to different feeling like gameplay controls but ArmA 2 will fail bad if it will goes same way than ArmA has gone.

u can do it with every weapon. its just a bug

I dont get it, i cant and have never experienced this bug before? huh.gif

The only way you can carry both the M249 and the M136 is if you have a Mod running which allows you to do it, or... The creator of the Berzerk missions has a script running somewhere in the mission that allows you to carry both classes.

Other than that, you can't.

That's my opinion anyway...

Oh another thing about PvP in ArmA2... It would make a lot of sense for BI to make some top notch PvP missions, as much as people like playing coops against the AI, a lot other people like PvP too. Even Coops which are playable on both sides... The most realistic missions would be PvP, not Humans vs AI. As for CTF's and TDM's they would also benefit people. For me... They have improved my reflexes and a lot of other things. Which I have been able to take into COOP missions against the AI.

The only way you can carry both the M249 and the M136 is if you have a Mod running which allows you to do it, or... The creator of the Berzerk missions has a script running somewhere in the mission that allows you to carry both classes.

NO u dont need to do that. this is just a bug that u can take advantage. smile_o.gif dont say things that u dont know. the is no classes is no classes

NO u dont need to do that. this is just a bug that u can take advantage. smile_o.gif dont say things that u dont know. the is no classes is no classes

Mate I know enough about enough. wink_o.gif

I've been playing the Berzerk missions from the day they was released. Although I think I have experienced what you are saying, it is not a bug and that's for sure.

Speak to the more experienced scripters, then hopefully you'll realise. smile_o.gif

Another thing... If it was a bug, BI would have fixed it ages ago....

Mate I know enough about enough.  wink_o.gif

I've been playing the Berzerk missions from the day they was released. Although I think I have experienced what you are saying, it is not a bug and that's for sure.

Speak to the more experienced scripters, then hopefully you'll realise.  smile_o.gif

Another thing... If it was a bug, BI would have fixed it ages ago....

LOL its not a bug of ARMA,its a bug of berzerk maps. rofl.gif

u need no addons to carry a Machingun and an AT/Javelin/AA now if u cant understand that... well...

Is that sarcasm? Obviously going by your post before...

Have you made any missions? Do you not realise missions have bugs too?

Why don't you PM Zapod, I think thats his name, and ask him whether or not its a bug with ArmA, His mission, or if his using a script that gives you the ability to carry both weapons?

Is that sarcasm? Obviously going by your post before...

Have you made any missions? Do you not realise missions have bugs too?

Why don't you PM Zapod, I think thats his name, and ask him whether or not its a bug with ArmA, His mission, or if his using a script that gives you the ability to carry both weapons?

Mr Smartguy, Cydon contacted with Zaphod and he tell us that is a bug and he will fix it.If you dont know something its better not to speak and especially not to insist.

hold up dont be aggresive. i sent u a screenshot and u kept telling me that that i am wrong. am i a liar? i wasnt sarcastic.

hold up dont be aggresive. i sent u a screenshot and u kept telling me that that i am wrong. am i a liar? i wasnt sarcastic.

How you work that out? I think you need to read my post again... As you can see I quoted Ptolemaios, not you. So get your facts right first, before you throw your toys out the pram. wink_o.gif

@Ptolemaios...

Quote[/b] ]"If you dont know something its better not to speak and especially not to insist."

First off, since when have you become a moderator?? This is a public forum if you haven't already noticed.

Secondly... If you made yourself clearer to understand then maybe the point that is trying to be made wouldn't be so difficult.

Also, how is it I don't know nothing? When I said its not a bug with ArmA, "its a script in the mission".

Last but not least, why didn't you change the name of the topic to... Berzerk on ArmA 2?

You never made it specific that you can carry an M249 + M136 in Berzerk ONLY. So you confused a lot of people, by making them think your not only talking about Berzerk, your talking about ArmA in general. So before you jump the gun again, read your own posts first. Or edit them and make them a lot more specific.

Quote[/b] ]Cydon contacted with Zaphod and he tell us that is a bug and he will fix it

Why not save the hassle of all this and say that in the first place? Or does that not make sense to you both?

We basically need a game that have separated few gamesmode like Arcade, PvP fast pace action and Cooperation realism. Time to end compromize gameplay beetween realism and playability. Its true that there is hardly any FPS game that have options to different feeling like gameplay controls but ArmA 2 will fail bad if it will goes same way than ArmA has gone.

It wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to have various realism levels (more options is always better), provided that the realism setting was defaulted to ultra-realisitc.

But please do not tie them to mission "styles".  I for one want realisitc control mechanics (speed, acceleration, etc), no matter WHAT mission or style I am playing, coop, PvP, or otherwise.  Likewise, I'm sure there are others out there who would like the exact opposite (i.e. sped up gameplay) in all modes.  Why not let the user select for himself on a case-by-case basis?

Side note - Some of you may have played the revolutionary Mount and Blade, which has taken mounted combat to a whole new level.  This game has an interesting new feature: a combat speed setting (Slow, Normal, and Fast).  First time I've ever seen that option in a game, but it makes perfect sense.  Let the USER decide how realisitc he wants things... In this case how fast he would like the in-game combat to play!  (...and selectable directly from the menu at that! )

biggrin_o.gif

Lol... Speed control sort of sounds like a good idea, but until BI release some sort of anti-cheat software (a lot better than the one they have at the moment), cheats will have a field day with that... sad_o.gif

Also, its hard enough as it is trying to keep everything in sync, with all the different connection speeds out there, plus pings.

How about just release Arma2 with no Ai period?

That will solve two things:

1) All the complaining about how AI should act more human

2) It will focus the game on player vs player tactical wars

Also, make every vehicle fly as close to realialistically as possible. Stalls and everything.