Sign in to follow this  
.COMmunist

Don't go area

I want to create a mine field behind the city so that advancing enemy armor can get screwed. Later on, my team will attack that same city with armor. How can I prohibit access to the minefield for my AI tanks so that they would go around?

I feel dumb saying this hahaha but, Waypoints? I know what you are saying though, like having an area where no one is allowed to go. I am not that smart scripting wise but good luck.

Why don´t you delete the mines prior you send in your guys with a trigger covering the minefield and list the trigger detecting the mines and delete the mines ?

Didn't think of that. I guess I can name each mine and than by trigger delete them. Thanks a million!

Well I was thinking about this today and decided that deleting mines might not be what I want. Indeed it should do the trick, but doesn't correspond to reality. Most likely the friendly tank platoon will receive order not to go to grid 3462 blah, blah, blah... So, perhaps there is a command that restricts movement of OPFOR or BLUFOR or Civilians to one particuler area (designated by a marker, trigger, etc.). Is there such thing?

One thing you *could* do, although it would take some trig, is script it like this:

1: Detect unit in dangerous area (should be bigger than the minefield proper). I *suggest* you do this with a trigger that is set to detect the units that should avoid the area only. For example, if you want west to avoid the area, but not east, then set the trigger to blufor only.

2: figure out the direction from the units position to the center of the mine field.

3: doMove the unit a certain distance in the opposite direction.

4: optionaly (it would be a nice feature), detect if the unit has attempted to move into the field multiple times. If so, instead of ordering the unit to do a 180, make it attempt to move laterally around the field instead. Note that this is where it would get really complicated when dealing with minefields of varying orientations and sizes.

5: also optionally, replace the trigger mentioned in 1 above with some sort of custom function so that the script is standalone, instead of mission dependent.