Sign in to follow this  
VXR

Blinking Screen Problem

Hi all, I recently updated my system, after installing XP etc. the problem began.

Example1:

When scrolling down webpages the screen blinks to black for 2 seconds, when a webpage contains alot images it happens more.

example2:

In photoshop scrolling layers the screen also starts to blink. It also happens when drawing textures.

I have tried everything and searched all over the internet, found people with the same problem but no replies to their call for help. I plugged in my old monitor and it still gave problems so it cant be the monitor.

The Bios, graphic card and motherboard all have the latest drivers.

System:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

A8V Deluxe mainboard

Nvidia Geforce 6700 GT

2Gb Ram

Windows XP SP2 (Legal)

I have no idea what the problem can be, the same system was running fine in the past before I received it.

Games like Arma, COD4, etc. run perfect.. No blinking screen or so. The irritating thing is, the problem also shows up in Photoshop keeping texturework on a hold at the moment. help.gif

I think it's time for a new graphics card, Martijn.

Have you tried reseating the card and maybe checking the contacts are good between the card and the motherboard?

I think it's time for a new graphics card, Martijn.

Have you tried reseating the card and maybe checking the contacts are good between the card and the motherboard?

I had the whole system open and got the card out.. cleaned every contact and put it back in. hmm I think its time for the last possible solution before buying a new card.. reinstalling XP sad_o.gif Its a 7600 btw not the 6700

I think a reinstall is probably the next thing, old friend, but I still say the problem is likely to be hardware rather than software given the symptoms. At 7600 is rather more capable than a 6700 but you'd find massive increases in performance with a Nvidia 88xx GT or even a GTS.

Of course I say with with my own interests at heart. The quicker you get a working graphics card, the quicker we are likley to get our hot little hands on the stuff you are working on.

Good luck!

Tanky -Paul-

I think a reinstall is probably the next thing, old friend, but I still say the problem is likely to be hardware rather than software given the symptoms. At 7600 is rather more capable than a 6700 but you'd find massive increases in performance with a Nvidia 88xx GT or even a GTS.

Of course I say with with my own interests at heart. The quicker you get a working graphics card, the quicker we are likley to get our hot little hands on the stuff you are working on.

Good luck!

Tanky -Paul-

Yeah, it makes me totally sick... getting a headache from those blinks.. Checked around for a new graphic card and I wont want to spend more than €150 to €200 for a new one.

What card is the best to take with that budget?

sad_o.gif So instead of a tablet to texture with its gone be a new graphic card.

I want this problem fixed, that hot work needs to get done asap. A day without texturing is a lost day.

The new Nvidia 8800 GT seems to be really good value for money, but they are really very rare.

These are in the UK and as you can see, there's not many about but in terms of performance/cash spent, they are supposed to be pretty good, certainly better than my GTX.

Paul

http://www.scan.co.uk/Product....derBy=1

Its been a few weeks...have you solved this?

Sounds like its only blinking in 2d mode. I'm sure you tried changing desktop resolutions and refresh rates? (go as high as you can refresh)

Shut off things like "digital vibrance" and "image sharpening"

You have multiple monitors enabled and only using one?

A way to reset graphics setting (upgrade/downgrade video drivers) ? You using alternate settings manager (rivatuner,ntune or such)

ArmA troubleshooting is for just that, troubleshooting ArmA problems. You can use the pinned PC thread in OT if you can't find anywhere else for troubleshooting your PC issues.