Sign in to follow this  
Hoot1988

Arma Rebooting PC on startup

When i launch armed assault my computer reboots every time, i am currently reinstalling Arma to see if this fixes it but i seriously doubt it.

My system spec is

Intel Celeron D 3.5Ghz

1024mb Ram

Radeon 3870 GPU 512ram

I fear it may be hardwear related but I only got my GPU today and other games, like oblivion work fine with everything maxed out.

also i was using a X1300 before and it kept rebooting on that also.

Any help/tips/solutions?

or anyone else got this problem?

just thought id update, i reinstalled arma, initial 505 1.04 game worked fine i only visited the main menu however, i proceded to install QG and the 1.08 patch and the problem is back.

OS is XP

sound card is onboard.

620W corsair PSU

1GB ram

3.5GHz Celaron D

3870 Radeon GPU

DX9c

And you say that Oblivion works fine and Arma rebooted also with your old video card.

Things I suspect.... dust in cpu heatsink/fan, chipset drivers,soundcard,memory, video drivers

I would clean the cpu heatsink, update chipset drivers,try with sound disabled (within your startup bios)

All fails try diff memory timings, video slot power settings maybe in bios also, upgrade/downgrade video drivers

I also suspect your cd/dvd rom possibly the way its reading it but updating chipset drivers should fix that

It worked fine the day i got Queens gambit, I did a few of the mercs missions then went to bed, when i woke up it wouldnt work, figured my GPU had packed in. I got a new one and now it still doesnt work, ArmA works so far as i have tested it on 1.05, downloading the mega 1.08 patch at the moment.

I think its hardwear as It rebooted when i tried the sims and CS: S.

hopefully its Ram as i need to send them back anyway.

Uninstall all video drivers for ATI and nVidia cards and reinstall the drivers to the card you use now.

Overheating could be the issue try using things like Speedfan \ ATI Tool Beta4 to keep a eye on temps.

I suspect that the problem is with the 1.08 patch - ref my post earlier.

Hardware should not be the cause of the issue if ArmA worked prior to 1.08 being installed - that being the only moving part in the equation.

I have mailed 505 last weekend but have not even had an email confirmation of my support request. Being in Australia I might have to call the UK to badger them which really p1sses me off.

I hope ArmA 2 does not contain as many issues as its predecessor. Just as a reference point, EVERY game I own works on my new rig except ArmA with patch 1.08.

I'm experiencing the same problem.

I'm running a dual core AMD 64X @ 2.4

7600GT 256

3 Gigs ram

Out of the box the game works fine. Once I apply the 1.08 Patch the game reboots my PC upon initialization. So I've essentially purchased "rebooting software".

I can play every other game I own without any problems. However this game is completely non-functional upon patching.