Sign in to follow this  
WARFIGHTER989

What military equipment and vehicles do you want?

Well,

wouldnt you call a game with a spectacular AI engine,

graphics that are out off this world, a HUUUUGE map,

a editor that leaves NOTHING wanted, animations that

almost looks real and some toys to play with a game

worth playing...Maby even without any serious req

on systems..And a game that doesent need patching

all the time..

Even if it lack some of the briliant Units/Addons

that have come from the community so far..

I would and DO..!!

I would and DO..!!

Well, what a luck that people could have a different opinion from yours. I don't have the same. wink_o.gif

However, sadly i think this offtopic bla-bla totally messes up the thread.

Regards, Christian

OnT:

I would like to see NationWide...All the equipment

of the world...Lets demand it so that BI never finish

the game at all notworthy.gif

nener.gif

I imagine that if BIS actually did do this, 10 Duke-Nukem-Foreveresque years later Marek Spanel would most likely use the few Czech dollars (or whatever the hell they use) left in BIS' treasury to catch a plane/bus/submarine to your house and most likely forcibly remove your bollocks, followed by stealing both your kidneys to sell to get the BIS team's wages done for that month.

Czech dollars (or whatever the hell they use) l

Czech koruna smile_o.gif

Enough with the offtopic crap, back on topic now.

C.MD, hope you noticed my sarkasm rofl.gif

I still think that alot of hightec vehicles and fancy dancy

weapons are not that imoprtant as the games functionality

is. I whant to be able to play the game when i have bought

it...I dont whant to wait a couple of months for the patch

to arrive...

Wishing for very specific equipment, like specific M1 models or every vehicle currently used by the USMC really isn't important for me.. For me the most important thing would simply to have some variety.

Not just 1 tank per side, but at least 2, preferably more - that can perform different tasks and excel at different things.

And if using a fictional state as "OPFOR", not just outdated, retro USSR equipment. And not just modern Russian equipment, variety !

And a stronger attention to weapons. A working tripod for the machine guns, a grenade-vest for the grenadier.

Lastly... A better and more dynamic camouflage system. Really - this really can't be much work and would add a great deal. I'm not asking for every single camouflage system currently employed by every single armed force in the world. Just the general idea, desert, woodlands, arctic, urban.

I want UH-1 and Some Chinese weapon for the enemies troopers such as Type-80 SMG.

P.S. give us some cold war, korean war and Vietnam war model will be sweet biggrin_o.gif

if this was some other game you wouldn't all that you want lol but you can make it for Arma which i love

anyway i want a bigass AC-130

but most of all and i know this is taking away from the realisim but faster soldier movement e.g. when your playing in citys its real hard to get on to guy quickly and you always die(well me lol)so if you have a kinda COD4 style where you can move faster i think more people would be happy

@Binary

Totally agree with ya, bud. Hence my request for M60A3, Centurion, T64, T55 tanks. Ditto on the tripod and nade vest.

Remember the camo tent from Total yugo war in OFP? one for veh and one for foxholes/cannons/static AT launcher/MG's. I think there was even a camo 4x4 that had an option to deploy camo when parked.

Oh wait. you mean for the player profile to choose between the 4 camo BDU patterns before entering game?

@Punderland

UH-1 is in Arma2

I would leave the chinese, vietnam, korean wpns and veh to modders.

@MyShuno

C-130 is in Arma2, any one know if the AC-130 is in there?

COD4 is everything Arma should not be. You're talking about the short sprints? 20-30m or so of sprinting, and then slowing down due to fatigue? Odd nobody in COD4 ever takes a break, coughs and pants due to overexertion. IMHO the target highlight pointer is the worst implementation for shooting at unseen enemies for a supposed top 10 game.

i know that but i mean for gun movements....like u know when your fighting really close quaters like in houses or streets it takes a while to aim and when ur up against AI they pop u before u get a shot off

well, ever since that BIS programmer took out the hold fire "bug", ai, esp aircrews, have reacted to your presence with machine speeds.

Lots of times peeps have complained about the machine speed reaction times to detecting your presence, and first shot kills from over 250m.

I think there's been several requests to put in a first shot kill filter of missing 90% of the time, and maybe a random .1 to .3 second delay before the ai infantry returns fire? Personally I like the ECS? or is it FFN mod where the ai actually returns covering fire to your last detected location even if you've moved off.

you know, it's odd when I look at the force composition of the RF forces, and how it's represented in a disproportionate ratio in ArmA.

Mi-8 (tail rotor on port vs starboard of export mi-17) 195

KA-50 16

Ka-60 200 on order

mi-28 replacing mi-24 300 vs 260

Ka-27 88

IL-76 220 (Russian Galaxy equiv)

Su-34 15

Su-25 241

Su-24 450

Su-27 321

Mig-29 266

Mig-31 188

Su T-50 200? (F-22 equiv) new main Russian fighter.

GAZ-2975 "Tigr" (Russian HUMMV)

I guess my point is that we're fighting with armor and aircraft not represented in proportion to the real forces out there.

notably the absence of the Tigr, mi-8, mi-28, SU-24, SU-25, Mig-29, T-50, T-72M (T-90), BTR-80/90, BMD-4, "Sprut-SD", BMPT,...

I mean it shocked me when I found out there were only 16 KA-50's in existance, and only 15 SU-34's?

Just looking at the Chechen War losses and you'll see the different picture of the veh's used in ArmA vs those lost in Chechnia.

it ain't arma, or flashpoint, WITHOUGHT A HIND! the first addon i got was the hind!

its a little unbalanced then but idc.

Frank-O - let me answer more about issue you shown (not realistic ratio):

Russian army has 3000 T80 in service (next 2000 in technical storage) and only 300 T90

but in A2 you will see T90 by default, while T80 will be P85 addon

concerning BMP-3 - there are different opinions about usage of it (as i heard problematic more than 2)

and BTR90, is it in use ? or RF army has BTR70 and some BTR80 in use

realistic (not saying about AK74M instead of 107) would be:

BTR70, BTR80, BMP2/D, T80 (U or B) and than T90

and for US - not TUSK variant, cause it is "Iraq" modification, and where is Bradley ? basic US IFV

it is like making game about Soviet union without BMP

Edited by vilas

USMC don't use the Bradley, IIRC.

A cargo plane for Russia.... Warfare is going to be completely 1 sided with the USMC having all the goods.

A cargo plane for Russia.... Warfare is going to be completely 1 sided with the USMC having all the goods.

Or we can have balance? I mean, maybe russians have advantage of using trains for cargo. while have superior anti-air...etc...

The FN SCAR . I think it's in trials with the USMC right now

The FN SCAR . I think it's in trials with the USMC right now

In 2008, a variant of the FN SCAR was one of four finalist rifles for the Infantry Automatic Rifle (IAR) competition. The IAR is a United States Marine Corps requirement for a lightweight automatic rifle for squad automatic rifle use

Warfare is going to be completely 1 sided with the USMC having all the goods.

Russia has the most weapons and tanks yet and its still US sided? Common

I wouldn't even care

Edited by Takko

I was really pleased to see the AAS with crew and the aircraft tug however i think the CH-53 and CH-46 (might be a little outdated) are necessary to making it authentic. The V-22 is not suited for a combat role and the UH-1 cannot fulfill the role of heavy lifting and logistics, the AH-1z and AV-8b are both well done and fulfill their intended role but i'm really disappointed in the lack of a good BIS quality CH-53.

below are some AAS helo configurations

12 - CH-46 Sea Knight helicopters

4 - CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters

2 - UH-1N Huey helicopters [3 on 11 MEU WestPac 01-1]

4 - AH-1W SuperCobra attack helicopter

6 - AV-8B Harrier attack planes [none on 11 MEU WestPac 01-1]

OR

9 - CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters

4 - UH-1N Huey helicopters

4 - AH-1W SuperCobra attack helicopter

6 - AV-8B Harrier attack planes

OR

9 - CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters

6 - AV-8B Harrier attack planes

OR

Assault

42 - CH-46 Sea Knight helicopters

also whether or not a well deck is included it would be nice to see an LCU or LCAC (probably not suited for operations near the black sea, might be hard to animate too) LCUs might make for good beach landing missions (maybe a "defend the coast from an endless onslaught of American amphibious zombie forces" mission?)

so essentially what i want to see is a fully functional and detailed AAS; elevators, staff, tugs, especially a well deck, perhaps air defenses (could be scripted i could care less if the CIWIS has perfect animations or not) but essentially a good launching ground for a wide variety of missions.

from what i've seen this would require

-CH-53

-CH-46

-LCU

-engine supported logistics, i.e. slingloads for the CH-53 and some kind of collision mesh for the LCU

also i could care less of the AAS could move or not, odds are it wont and even if it did it wouldn't do any good, try hiding a huge ship from an SU-25 patrolling the coast with a huge viewdistance.

and for US - not TUSK variant, cause it is "Iraq" modification, and where is Bradley ? basic US IFV

Why is it "iraq" modificatio? You can bet that once put on tank they probably are not going to take it away.

USMC has LAVs, mostly used by small recon teams. Also as platform for TOW-missiles etc. US Army has Bradleys.

Russians without BMPs is very much possible scenario. There are several units such as Saint Petersburg's military district which doesn't have single BMP. Nearest BMPs are stationed in Moscow's military district.