Sign in to follow this  
-Variable-

CiA co-op night

ciaarma5xr7.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:impact'>Comrades  in  Arms</span></span> hosts a co-op night for serious team players on every Tuesday at 20:00 CET. During summer, daylight-saving time will be in effect. If you are uncertain of the current server time check it here.

CiA have been running serious Flashpoint games for the past six years. We are mostly known for our strict but simple modus operandi during our missions. There are no trainings or role playing; we concentrate on the coop and the ways to complete it, no more, no less. We choose a commander, we lay out a plan, and during its execution we follow the team leader's orders carefully. In spite of that, the atmosphere is light and calm. Every one, including guests, can lead in our games. However, once a leader was chosen everybody are expected to do exactly as he says.

Now we have decided to move on to Armed Assault. For the time being we will host only one night for ArmA as we are still reluctant to replace one of our Flashpoint nights with an ArmA one. Expect this to change in the future.

In order to assure a mature team play the server is password protected. If you are aware of the server rules we will be glad to provide it to you. Just PM me or any other CiA member and you'll get the password. Once you have received it, you are requested not to forward it to anyone else. Simply direct those who wish to join to this thread.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>CiA Server Rules</span>

1. Orders

If the leader gives you orders, follow them at all costs, even if it may seem senseless in your eyes. This also requires that each unit knows their number so you will know which order is addressed to you. Orders are given either via Teamspeak, ArmA's built in commands, or the text chat. You should be attentive to all of these comm channels.

2. Reporting Back

If the leader addresses you, respond. If you have been given an order report 'Roger' so the leader will know that you have received and understood it. Upon completion of the assigned task report 'Ready'.

3. Formation

Stick with the formation unless told otherwise. Even numbers should be to the right side of the leader, while Odd numbers to his left. If the main squad is split up into smaller squads, each squad moves as an independent team, led by an assigned secondary leader.

4. Map

Stay focused on the map. Know where you and possible friendly units are to avoid friendly fire.

5. Firing

Don't open fire without being ordered. Before firing on a unit, check the map for friendly units! Also right-click will help, but not always. Rather be shot by an enemy than shooting a friendly!

6. Chat

Don't chat if it has nothing to do with the current combat situation. Dumb comments result in overfilling the chat space, thus no one realizes when important orders are given. Switch to group chat during missions, if you aren't leading.

7. Concentration

This is the last and most important rule: Concentrate. We don't forbid joking, but once a mission has started, stay serious, calm and focus on the game!

Everyone who doesn't follow one or more of these rules will be asked to leave.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Server Version</span>

Our server is now updated to the latest official version 1.14, make sure to install it before you join.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Needed Addons</span>

None. At the moment the server runs no mods or addons except Queen's Gambit addition. You don't have to run QG in order to play though. This will probably change in the future as more high quality co-op missions that require addons will see light. You can use whatever client side mods or addons that you like.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Servers Info</span>

Game server IP: ofp.ciahome.net

Port: 2402

Password: PM any CiA member

Teamspeak 2 server IP: ts.ciahome.net

The TS password is ciafdf

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>CiA Servers Mission Lists</span>

Check this Google spreadsheet to view the missions we have on our ArmA and Flashpoint servers. In order to pursue the sense of achievement we use it to keep track of successfully completed missions. We keep it up-to-date.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Flashpoint Co-Op Nights</span>

If you still play Flashpoint, check this thread. We still play Operation Flashpoint co-ops on Sundays and Wednesdays.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>See you on the server!</span>

I have personally played enought of OFP multiplayer so it would be great fresh wind to play some ArmA coops whit CiA group. BTW I'd have hard to follow group on that late time when I have been quite tired so maybe that earlier time would suit better for my schedule.

No, no, no! I don't have enough time for this! Keep playing OFP, I have an excuse then at least! crazy_o.gif

Ermmm... good to see you guys here. I hope I can join in some day. smile_o.gif

I will join tonight, CIA coop is the best game experience you can get. and It never stops! (the Tonal games last week on OFP were great)

I hope ArmA can give us the same joy.

Just wanting to confirm it's at 20:00 CET and not 21:00 CET like the OFP games.

Also, is the password the same as it was on sunday?

Just wanting to confirm it's at 20:00 CET and not 21:00 CET like the OFP games.

Also, is the password the same as it was on sunday?

Confirmed. 20:00 CET. One hour earlier than the OFP nights.

I'll open up a charity fund soon so you can all help me to finance my system upgrade which is required to play ArmA wink_o.gif

Seriously, I really need to upgrade as I don't want to miss any of this...

I'll open up a charity fund soon so you can all help me to finance my system upgrade which is required to play ArmA wink_o.gif

Seriously, I really need to upgrade as I don't want to miss any of this...

Hey can I join in? I could need a better system too wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

It was fun to finally play with you guys again. It must have been ages since last time. See you all next week! smile_o.gif

I want to join the ArmA-coop-night but there are some problems.

1.) I dont know any eMail-post-address from CiA-people to post them to get the server-password.

(Here in this forum i get only the message-box form "-Variable-" but no eMail-address-info. On the CiA-Homepage http://www.ciahome.net/modules/news/ i can't find any eMail-address)

2.) Why can't read in the CiA-forum http://www.ciahome.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=11

any replies. I can read only the topics. When i click on the topic to go into further details (replies etc) i get nothing.

Maybe my browser-settings causes this behaviour (no popups etc.) or is the forum bugged?

I want to join the ArmA-coop-night but there are some problems.

1.) I dont know any eMail-post-address from CiA-people to post them to get the server-password.

(Here in this forum i get only the message-box form "-Variable-" but no eMail-address-info. On the CiA-Homepage http://www.ciahome.net/modules/news/ i can't find any eMail-address)

2.) Why can't read in the CiA-forum http://www.ciahome.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=11

any replies. I can read only the topics. When i click on the topic to go into further details (replies etc) i get nothing.

Maybe my browser-settings causes this behaviour (no popups etc.) or is the forum bugged?

1.) No need for emails. PM means 'Private message' which is a BI board messaging system and not an email. To use it simply click on the MSG icon at the bottom of my profile. (ive PM'd you the server password and added my email address in my profile for easier access for those who are not use to PM's.

2.) At the moment there is a problem in the CiA forums, causing some browsers not open posts properly. Simply right-click and open them in a new window to view the replies, then it will work.

Ooh its been a while.

And CiA has moved on to ArmA? Well im building a new rig this Friday and will be looking to pick up ArmA soon after.

Joining co-ops with you lot again would be nice. Hope to see you in the near future then ^__^

Today's games were very fun. I can count the ArmA coop missions I ever completed with the fingers of my hand and only tonight two missions were completed! That proves that organized, team play is essential to success in this game, and that's why CiA coop nights are for.

Some screenshots:

arma2007120122213087hi7.jpg

Positions over the Communication Tower on the first SimHQ mission. Completed! yay.gif

arma2007120422041606xo2.jpg

Zwobot's fire team advances on the water tower

22530076fn7.jpg

Tony's and Sputnik's grenade fire on the Communication Tower

arma2007120423050265in6.jpg

Clearin the objective of the 2nd SimHQ mission. Completed!  yay.gif

arma2007120500372162wf8.jpg

The results...

arma2007120500103660tk6.jpg

LGBs hit the bridge while the armour convoy is on it. As seen from the laser designator

arma2007120501251768ed3.jpg

Thanks to all that joined! See you next week (Or tomorrow if you are an OFP player smile_o.gif)

I tried my hand at making a mission for the Co-op nights. It's basically just an assualt on an enemy artillery battery in the fireteam style of those SimHQ missions... dunno if it'll be any good but it *should* work.

Just wondering if you all would like to give it a try next time.

I really like the fire team organisation of the simhq missions, what gives me trouble though is the (voice) communication. There are lots of people wanting to talk at the same time which is a bit messy: the squad leader communicates with his 2 fireteams and the fireteam leaders want to talk to their teammates and vice versa - all in the same teamspeak channel; and the communication inside a fireteam is not really relevant to the players outside this fireteam but it blocks the channel and prevents the other players to give orders or do contact reports etc.

Was this a problem for you too, or is it just me?

You can mail the file to me or Variable, Staos.

It would help if the contact reports were thought before speaking, short and to the point instead of hogging the channel for 15 seconds while looking for words (ie, don't do what I do). Also, the speaker should identify himself, like "bravo3" or "team red" before the report unless it's really urgent. I wouldn't split channels for fire teams, only squads of 7 or more players or teams that have a different objective.

Another problem is when people don't understand what's being communicated and they just continue doing whatever they were doing as if there never was anything said at all. For example:

t - 30s: the players' squad is attacking infantry at obj1

t + 0s: someone reports a tank at 6 o'clock

t + 10s: no one confirms, everyone keeps shooting at obj1

t + 30s: a player is killed by the tank

t + 35s: somebody else reports it again

t + 37s: the AT guy realises there's a tank and starts fiddling around with the launcher while a few more players are shot while they run for cover in panic

t + 40s: AT guy fires and hits the tank which immediately knows his exact position (bad design). one more player is killed because he was inside the rocket's dammageRadius

t + 43s: AT guy is shot by the tank, mission is fucked

I really like the fire team organisation of the simhq missions, what gives me trouble though is the (voice) communication. There are lots of people wanting to talk at the same time which is a bit messy: the squad leader communicates with his 2 fireteams and the fireteam leaders want to talk to their teammates and vice versa - all in the same teamspeak channel; and the communication inside a fireteam is not really relevant to the players outside this fireteam but it blocks the channel and prevents the other players to give orders or do contact reports etc.

Was this a problem for you too, or is it just me?

Actually, except several occasions during that SimHQ mission, battle communication was quite alright as I saw it. I managed to receive the team leaders' reports and issue orders accordingly without too much hassle. However, there is room for improvement. I keep in mind that the fact that zwobot used Teamspeak while Staos, the other fireteam's leader, used only the text channel to communicate with me, helped easing the Teamspeak traffic.

First of all, please keep Teamspeak open for important messages. Teamspeak is not your perssonal blog *looking at Sputnik hehehe*. Not everybody needs to know what is your exact weapon loadout or how exactly does the bush you are in look like. If you want to joke, do so in text channel (unless your joke is short but good smile_o.gif).

When the teams are divided like they are on the SimHQ missions, the solution, as I see it, is rather simple. Each team should communicate in its team channel (Green channel) thus not disturbing the rest. However, the fire team leaders should still be using team speak to communicate with the commander and with their members. So basically, unless something very important is to be reported, like a T80 detection in pulverizer's example, fire team members shouldnt be using Teamspeak. Hence, the teamspeak traffic should consist mainly of the commander's and the fire teams' leaders reports and orders.

When the division is not stractured while playing in one big team, and we want to split up into fire teams, the commander should assign in-team groups (Team Red, Team Green etc.). The communication whithin the teams should be mainly textual, while each team uses different colour for communication to make it easy for fire team leaders noticing their own team's messages. For example- Team Red uses the group (green coloured) channel while Team Green uses the side channel (Blue coloured). As in the other system, important messages should be given on teamspeak regardless of who report them.

When playing in a joint op, Two or more teams operating independantly, usually with quite a distance in between them, Teamspeak channels should be divided. Commanders should go "Channel Commander" and communicate with each other using a different PTT (Push to talk) key and/or using side channel. To keep side channel effective, all the other players should use group channel. We have done that several times in CiA Games and it has proven to be quite effective.

Quote[/b] ]It would help if the contact reports were thought before speaking, short and to the point instead of hogging the channel for 15 seconds while looking for words

Contacts should be reported in the following manner:

Target, Direction, Range, Orientaion (There is a rationale behind the order of the words)

For example- "BMP, South South East, 400, moving to the right".

Sticking to this method will make it easier for all to understand the report and respond to it accordingly.

Would a persona non grata be given a second chance?