Sign in to follow this  
Magnum50

SimHQ ArmA Coop Pack v5 final

Read Me (included with the pack):

Welcome to the SimHQ Armed Assault Cooperative Map/Mission Pack

A very special thanks to Wepps, the main designer and mission maker for SimHQ. A special thanks to Guod, owner and operator of SimHQ. And a special thanks to all the SimHQ community members who show up a couple of nights a week for some of the best, most tactical gameplay around.

About the mission pack: This mission pack contains 32, yes 32, cooperative play missions for Armed Assault. Some of these missions are made for small units of 8 or so players, while some are made for the larger cooperative crowd, around 24 or so. Most of these missions, especially the larger ones, are broken down into fire teams. The reason for this is that not only does the US Army infantry unit focus around the individual fire team, but in game it allows a squad leader to take charge of the mission as a whole, and leave it up to the fire team leaders to decide how best to use and deploy there troops. This is also helpful if you don’t have enough human players to fill up the mission, but still want to play it. A human player can take the lead of a fire team, and control his AI fire team members. Just remember, fire teams work to support each other, there not their own fighting unit. While one fire team suppresses an enemy, the other fire team is working to flank and destroy that same enemy.

These missions are all based on the Tactical Briefs published at SimHQ’s web site.

www.simhq.com

http://www.simhq.com/_land/land.html

Tactical Briefing 01: Meet the Squad

Tactical Briefing 02: Formations

Tactical Briefing 03: Squad and Fire Team Movements

Tactical Briefing 04: Movement to Contact

Tactical Briefing 05: How to Plan and Execute a Squad Sized Assault

To install, simply copy the files in this folder, after extraction, to your Atari/ArmA/mpmissions folder.

Download the pack here.

Enjoy... and remember... Tactics and Teamwork!

No, don't believe in revive or respawns in a cooperative mission... sorry.

Thanks a lot for the pack, as always, I feel appreciation for mission makers. All of the missions will be uploaded and played on the CiA ArmA co-op nights until they are completed!

1. I guess the @ sign in the missions' names represents addons that are used in the missions. What kind of addons are they? Queen's Gambit only, or anything else?

2. Wouldn't it be better if the missions use actual names that would distinguish them from one another rather than just mentioning their type? Then it would have been easier to handle them, and I think would have granted them more "character".

After playing just one of the missions and seeing the briefings of some of them, I have to say I like them much. The briefings are well structured, the enemy position was well fortified and likely avenues of approach for the players are also patrolled by the enemy AI thumbs-up.gif

I am looking forward to playing more of them.

Edit: Forgot to mention I played the mission on the Cia coop night smile_o.gif

And a quick sidenote to Cia members that will join: take care of your Cia tag (no spaces) wink_o.gif

I have to second the previous comments. Played through just one at the CiA coop nights and found it was very well done. Thanks for the missions.

hello

could I add the revive script in your missions ?

I'm sure it's too late for a reply, but anyway...

None of these missions require any add-ons.

Feel free to alter or re-name them as you see fit.

These we're missions for our server only at first, we enjoyed them so much we decided to share them... and even now, a year later their still being played on a number of servers.

I'm just postin' to show support for the SimHQ Armed Assault mission makers!  I believe Wepps was the man mostly responsible for the first batch of SimHQ coop missions, but there are quite a few talented mission makers over at SimHQ: (in alphabetical order)

Adlabs

Biff

December

Wepps

They're work is greatly appreciated by the SimHQ community, and apparently, the greater ArmA community as well!