Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM - HAC Huey UH-1H

Not to complain or anything, since this looks like an excellent model, but is it just me, or is that nose a little on the stubby side?

Not to complain or anything, since this looks like an excellent model, but is it just me, or is that nose a little on the stubby side?

If you would have read all of the posts in this thread you would see that has already been addressed.

Woohoo!! That looks cool. Whats breaking up in that pic?

is that Huey in flames? woohoo! Thats the coolest thing in Arma so far smile_o.gif

If you like that, you should download ArmAEffects by MaddMatt.

Any way, good work thumbs-up.gif

Looking foward to see how it works!

Please allow us to create our own effects (this is our policy anyway) wink_o.gif

That's both the coolest and the saddest thing I have seen so far... It's sad to see a huey go down, it's cool to see it go down in that way.

But these pictures raise a new question for me: will you also do a crashed model? That would be very nice for SAR missions ect ect. I love to make missions where you have to explore a crash site and rescue the crew which has been taken prisoner.

First of let me clarify something.

As my mate Whiskey said this has anything to do with MaddMatt ArmAEffects and we have never "borrow" any stuff from him or anybody else.

In any case this a lot different as we are not replacing any BIS original files or particle effects.Further more the effects you are seeing in the above pictures are both config and scipt enhanced, so even if you apply the above mentioned addon you will see no difference.

To be more clearly and give an insight of the mechanics behind it,the default BIS destruction effects have been completely altered and new cloudlets - light - sounds have been written espesially for HWM models to cover our needs.

Off coarse we enhanced our config based effects with scripts either to shoot out our preferred destroyed parts or to create conditioned extra effects.

if you like, check this video to understand better.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/mmstudios/personal/extra/physics.wmv

(this was made before HWM release 1)

Now about the question of Cpt. FrostBite about the crashed model, let me say that I am big fan of these missions so we couldn't let this possibility slip away.

Believe me you will find a devasted HU-1 and all of his broken parts (including rotors,main flaps, tail, doors, etc) in the editor.

Final to give a progress report.

We have binarized our model and it is working 100%, so after we take care of some minnor details like the readme *.pdf and other we will release. thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Thanks all for your interest and your comments

PS->Cpt. FrostBite if you actually make such a mission send it to me as I would really like to play it.If it is MP we may also run it on our server biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I just said that because you add that to you chopper, but if he want's to have similar effects in other choppers he can use ArmAEffects.

I never said that you use some of Matt work.

Just a question: It's highly improbable but would be AWESOME, if i shoot with a Shilka to the Huey's tail, this falls apart and the rest keeps "flying" or everything has to be destroyed in order to start braking up?

I just said that because you add that to you chopper, but if he want's to have similar effects in other choppers he can use ArmAEffects.

I never said that you use some of Matt work.

Just a question: It's highly improbable but would be AWESOME, if i shoot with a Shilka to the Huey's tail, this falls apart and the rest keeps "flying" or everything has to be destroyed in order to start braking up?

No quarrel mate , I was just clarifying the issue to avoid misunderstands.

As to your question, from the definition of arma engine every component can has its own armor that is applying-contributing to vehicle sum armor/health.

So as in real life if you damage the tail for instance the helicopter will lose stability and start making uncontrolled turns.

When the sum of helicopter life reach zero then the model will break up.

If you like to know more, download our release pack 1.

It includes the current effect in both M113 & Leopard....just destoy them rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Wow nice effects guys notworthy.gif looking forward to it yay.gif

I now you will be doing the US, Greek and Racs version but what about this paintjob.

This one is in use by the US in afghanistan now, I think it looks pretty neat.

Lennard. wink_o.gif

Wow nice effects guys notworthy.gif  looking forward to it yay.gif

I now you will be doing the US, Greek and Racs version but what about this paintjob.

This one is in use by the US in afghanistan now, I think it looks pretty neat.

Lennard. wink_o.gif

It's not used by the US military. The US military does not use the UH-1 anymore exept for the UH-1N which is used by the US Marines and some national guard units I think.

This particular UH-1 is used by a private security firm that is operation under US DoD contract in afghanistan. Still a very cool paintjob though. Good for a merc bird.

edit

thanks for the answer on the crashed model. Looking forward to it!! biggrin_o.gif

WILL IT BE OUT THIS YEAR?? WILL IT?? WILL IT?huh.gif?huh.gif!!!!!!!

tell me please! huh.gif

I wanna try that destroying effect and transport 4564316345864 greek units to rahmadi and then get shot down by SLA like in BHD and then call in the rescue americans! and airsupport from those uhs.. inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

As promised Huey is ready.

(that is if you don't count a nasty "bug" with engine event handler that is forbidding us from having custom start/shutdown engine sounds.)

We are still working to finish the other model that we will include in release 2 and then we ready.

If nothing goes wrong it will be before December 31 xmas_o.gif

Ps-->post with a preview of the new model will follow tomorrow.

Marry Christmas to everyone

xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Great new Sir! Thanks so much!

What's "Merry Christmas" in Greek? biggrin_o.gifxmas_o.gif

What's "Merry Christmas" in Greek?  biggrin_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

"Kala Christougenna" biggrin_o.gif