roughly around 650 signatures and growing. Currently Nick

(Maker of the Mod), has said he would wait 1 month then

start work with crysis. If we act now and get them their tools

they will switch back. So please BI, help their team so they

can help yours, thanks.

Flashback: Dear community / BIS

Online petition thanks to Matt Rochelle

http://www.gopetition.co.uk/online/14982.html

Lost World Returns has an urgent problem, and we would like to address the situation. With over a year spent in development, with most of our content being created behind the scenes, we all have spent a lot time and money on this project and we have now hit a large wall, or rather a HUGE MOUNTAIN.

We would like to try and rally up some support from the community and ask BIS one last time for their help and support.

With the release of the community tools most of the mods where able to start porting or developing content for Arma, with little problems.

Unfortunately we had a different story, and we were relying on BIS to release their animation tool that allows exportation of smoothed skinned data form a model from Maya into o2, this tool would allow us to import Maya created animations without doing the impossible job of rigging and setting up the weights in o2. We are fully aware BIS has such a tool, as the animations you see in-game where created using the exact method from their motion capture studio.

With talks and emails arranged, we have still not heard anything back for over two months, not even a confirmation email acknowledging our issue.

So it leave us no choice as a “team†to try and get some public support on the matter, and if by the end of the month we have still not heard anything we will have to consider developing our content for another engine.

By no means are we in position to start demanding information or software, but we would like to hear a response, out of respect and curiosity and from a professional stand point of view that BIS represents in their company.

If BIS are reluctant to reply, unfortunately we will be packing our bags and moving to another engine, not because of choice, but because of future development. We have produced too much material to drop it all. And we are more than willing to take a step back, in order to take many steps forward again in the future.

I hope everyone understands our position and the next week will prove to be the most important.

Our dinosaurs have been crying out for this animation technology and we really need to support them.

If any news sites that would be willing to help spread the word, that would be great.

Thank you for reading and support

Nick

This is no "Anti-community" and i am just asking for your help

and the help of the community to get BI to open eyes and help, thanks.

They've already moved to Crysis and a BIS official has stated that maybe something might be done in that general direction. The Lost Worlds mod has also stated that maybe they'll do something in ArmA. Maybe. That means that you should check on things before you post.

you have not given the necessary tools

to Jurassic Park Returns Group to make arma more popular.

To be honest, I dont think a Jurassic park mod is going to double ArmA sales, but I would in principle agree to letting the modding community have more tools.

Hello BI Studio I hope you get this message, I am here to

point out to you that you have not given the necessary tools

A member of BIS has already stated that such tools do not exist.

I am not sure who "Nick" is but he seems to have the idea that BIS holds more tools from the community, I believe Suma said a certain tool rumoured to exist is actually fictitious.

Jurassic Park Returns Group to make arma more popular. I

do want you to understand that we will get a great increase

of how many people play arma.

Just because you like it, doesn't mean anyone else will. I'm sure you're very keen and well informed and I'm bet young ladies just love to hear you talk about it at parties, but I think this has a minority interest at best.

Jurassic Park Returns Group to make arma more popular. I

do want you to understand that we will get a great increase

of how many people play arma.

Just because you like it, doesn't mean anyone else will. I'm sure you're very keen and well informed and I'm bet young ladies just love to hear you talk about it at parties, but I think this has a minority interest at best.

Huh?

why do you think that Arma is suitable engine for a mod like this ? IMHO Crysis is more proper game for this wink_o.gif

Sharing full working tools never was part of bis policy so i doubt you'll get some decen support and tools wink_o.gif It's almost impossible to import even new custom man model and you're talking about dinos smile_o.gif fun

I am not sure who "Nick" is but he seems to have the idea that BIS holds more tools from the community, I believe Suma said a certain tool rumoured to exist is actually fictitious.

The support for FBX to get in animations is not in the current tools.. the import option was left in the menu.

therefore....

icon_rolleyes.gif

dont know who this prydain is,

replying about stuff he doesnt even know about

maya.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock

The support for FBX to get in animations is not in the current tools.. the import option was left in the menu.

therefore....

icon_rolleyes.gif

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/maya.jpg

Read this first. Prydain is correct.

Ohara has said it did not work and was dropped in favour of FBX import.  He also went on to say he does not know if FBX will be added to the final release version of O2PE.

So stop perpetuating a rumour and go discover the actual facts.

I don't know who this Dogstar is but his lack of ability to search for real knowledge shows the worth of his education.

To be honest, its not difficult to realise this Smiley_Nick is taking you all for a ride. The tool was dropped for being problematic.

I don't know who this Dogstar is but his lack of ability to search for real knowledge shows the worth of his education.

To be honest, its not difficult to realise this Smiley_Nick is taking you all for a ride. The tool was dropped for being problematic.

thanks for being honest.... but....

no one is taking anyone for a ride

accept mabey myself

Ribbit

Alright Alright lets try not to complicate things people.

After an examination of the engine and Crysis itself we decided that all in all the move was better as a whole, not just for animations, the engine fits and suits us more then the poisedon one does.

Arma and OFP are both excellent and unrivalled at having ungodly amounts of terrain AND units. And at the time it was the best we could see,however we are not looking to make an army of millions nor do we require it, what we need is something that can give us the ability to capture the right feel and mood and Crysis has that amongst other things.

We will be primarily developing for Crysis but we hope to possibly sometime in the future return and make a few things for Arma but as it stands Cryengine is what we will be using for now.

Alright Alright lets try not to complicate things people.

After an examination of the engine and Crysis itself we decided that all in all the move was better as a whole, not just for animations, the engine fits and suits us more then the poisedon one does.

Arma and OFP are both excellent and unrivalled at having ungodly amounts of terrain AND units. And at the time it was the best we could see,however we are not looking to make an army of millions nor do we require it, what we needed is something that can give us the ability to capture the right feel and mood and Crysis has that amongst other things.

We will be primarily developing for Crysis but we hope to possibly sometime in the future return and make a few things for Arma but as it stands Cryengine is what we will be using for now.

Amen! goodnight.gif

My words.

Sentry

While agreeing that some wild rumors have been adapted to form their own truth, the "alternative" is to use MAX or Maya for this purpose, but both are insanely expensive for the average gamer. This will seriously decrease the amount of people working on animations imo, as some people actually stick to genuine software.

I can understand that BIS doesn't want to waste money on developing problematic tools, guess we'll have to hope for a new OFPAnim or alike.

Smiley_Nick said on Nov. 12th that the mod is moving to crysis, thus this topic doesn't make sense anymore as the decision is made.

Source

Judging from the already started flaming and spamming posts I cam e to the conclusion that it's better to close this before it gets out of hand. smile_o.gif