Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

UAV management

I think this is all about CEX, try to ask his authors. My UAV management is (I think huh.gif) clear and easy to understand.

Determination of WPs in UAV managemet is provided only through simple "onMapSingleClick" commnad. So when you remove both scripts (with button atc.) correctly, I think everything must work fine.

Maybe you use any other addons or Mods which may create some errors.

Anyone wanting to use this on their dedicated mp server insert    if !(local server) exitWith {};   into the start of EMSI_UAV_console.sqs.

Very cool addon, good stuff.

Is there any way to redefine the keys used to control the camera? I am on a laptop, so I don't have access to a numpad. Also, as someone mentioned earlier I think it should fadesound to 0 when using the camera.

hello I am tring to get this to work without using the mru addon so i can use it in mp and it can just be part of the scripting.

Is this possible?

I have followed the instructions about adding a trigger to a unit but i cant get it to work. it tells me I am missing ; or whatever could somebody help me out possibly

thanks

One question. How can I get the UAV to spawn/start at an altitude of about 700. I have tried the following:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

uav setpos [-,-,700]

Note: the - are actual numbers I inserted in the game.

But it didn't seem to work. Just flew at a regular height around the airfield. I want it high enough so hopefully Shilka's won't shoot it down if it gets too close the their area, and for it to not be heard or seen by the enemy.

Update

Got it to work. Just place the UAV in the sky and don't assign it any waypoints. It will just fly up there and just circle the area where it spawned.

when i walk to the mru it has no icon to interact with??

and when i load the preview in the editor i get a error like this???

"script EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console not found"

can someone make a quick youtube video on how to install the addon and set it up???

i been up for 5 days i dont get it??? i need some sleep ZZZZZZZzzz

when i walk to the mru it has no icon to interact with??

and when i load the preview in the editor i get a error like this???

"script EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console not found"

can someone make a quick youtube video on how to install the addon and set it up???

i been up for 5 days i dont get it??? i need some sleep ZZZZZZZzzz

First, get some sleep and try it when you are rested. As far as the error message when loading the example mission into the editor, it sounds like you may have a corrupted file. Try dl'ing the addon again and try that mission one more gin

ummm ? i put the core data folder in the missions folder right?

and take the contents of the EMSI_Data folder out and delete the EMSI_Data empty folder?

then i put the description.ext and the stringtable CSV file  in the mission folder ?

the EMSI_uav_gc.pbo from the addon folder i take it out and put it in the arma addons folder ?

i have the EMSI_MQ-1_Predator addon already in the addons folder but i can get the uav camera to rotate via the 4,8,6,2 keys huh.gif  thats the why i though i needed the uav managment in the first place!    

i dont understand the installation instuction : BEWARE TO DESCRIPTION.EXT and STRINGTABLE.CSV FILES huh.gif???

i got the mission to play a movie but no sound ?? error missing audio track

i have beta 1.12 patch and the 505 version of the game

help.gif  banghead.gif

Keep getting

resource RscUAV_console not found

when I try to create a UAV in editor! sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

ummm ? i put the core data folder in the missions folder right?

and take the contents of the EMSI_Data folder out and delete the EMSI_Data empty folder?

Are you saying you placed the EMSI_Data folder inside the mission you are creating/editing, then you open up the EMSI_Data, extract all the contents out of EMSI_Data, then delete the EMSI_Data folder?

That's your problem. Just place the EMSI_Data folder, Description file and Stringable file in your mission folder. Keep the EMSI_Data folder intact.

Lastly place the .pbo's in an AddOns folder of somesort.

ok i got the a-10 uav working now how do you change it to a UAV MQ-1 Predator huh.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Just simply change this in editor.

Click on A-10 and than change it to UAV -> M or RQ-1 Predator ...

Keep getting

resource RscUAV_console not found

when I try to create a UAV in editor! sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

i had the same problem, turns out the answer to the problem is the mru unit had to be a locked vehicle, good luck

does this or has anybody got this to work so that you can actually be in the vehicle that is the UAV . so you can use it as a targetting camera thingy?

does this or has anybody got this to work so that you can actually be in the vehicle that is the UAV . so you can use it as a targetting camera thingy?

?

set control > Player huh.gif

is it possible to use the UAV as a laser designator? and if it is, does anybody know how to tell an AI AV8 pilot to drop a GBU where i want him to?

?

set control > Player huh.gif

i didnt think you could do that because the mru had to be a separate unit I may be worng not tried it will do now.

Oh just tried it I can be in the uav and still get the UAV control panel up. tried it before and it didnt work dont know what i did wrong before :-)

An idea may be to add an AI manned UAV to the player's group and then use the selectPlayer scripting command to give the player direct control. I am unsure if this will work, though, but it is worth a shot!

- dRb

Another option is if you want to fly also with UAV, set him "Playable" option and than you may switch (Teamswitch - defaut key "E") to his "cockpit".

UAV MQ-1 Predator in editor, if i play as the predator driver i can't get its camera pod to move with the 8,4,6,2 keys ,does the camera pod work without the UAV managment thing?

how do you load the mission in editor to change the A-10 to a UAV MQ-1 predator?? maybe someone could release a update UAV management mission with the proper aircraft? confused_o.gif

UAV M/RQ-1 Predator have crew of two men.

First is the pilot-operator which may see surroundings only through nose camera of UAV (if you are a driver in UAV).

Second is a sensor-operator which commands UAV camera through recon terminal (UAV management) and he may move with camera with num pad keys.

Replacing of an A-10 to Predator is one of a basics in editor, huh.gif and it was written here ...

once again huh.gif? errr what?? just makes no sence to me you can't edit the uav mission in the editor thier different file name types??? i tryed to load the uav managment mission in the editor i didn't work soo how you edit the mission??

help.gif light years behind you in the editor??

UAV M/RQ-1 Predator have crew of two men.

First is the pilot-operator which may see surroundings only through nose camera of UAV (if you are a driver in UAV).

Second is a sensor-operator which commands UAV camera through recon terminal (UAV management) and he may move with camera with num pad keys.

Replacing of an A-10 to Predator is one of a basics in editor, huh.gif and it was written here ...

looks like DOD lied to us, it's not such an unmanned vehicle afterall lol!

first time i fired at one, it then circled around and landed. then out of nowhere it started to bleed(thanks to SLX)?? the crew then disembarked and one of em bleed to death lol!

Without hijacking TOO much...... if you use Mando Bombs, you get a reconnaisance aircraft (EMSIs UAV can be chosen) where it can be given a waypoint and will stay on stay with a camera that is MOUSE controlled (move and zoom) and lockable on a target.

In my mission (see user missions) I use EMSIs addon inside Mando Bombs to great effect.

[TAO] Kremator

Ok got this system working with great success using the mru and the predator. Great job

Now I want to make the MRU more mobile. Is this possible. I tried making a radio operator the MRU but the system only executes on a stationary trigger right now, is that correct? Can you assign it to a moving object?

I use this system with CEX and DAC and it works great other than the fact that I have to command the battle from a stationary location because the mru doesnt move.

Also will we be able to lase targets?