Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

UAV management

Hi all...

I'll make this short and to the point.

I need help, I've been trying to get this UAV to work in a mission and I keep on getting this error...

"Script EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs not found".

In the root directory of the mission in the init.sqs file I have put the line "handle = [] execVM "EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs"

If Someone could please tell me where to put this file so that it is found I,and many other new noobs would greatly appreciate it.

I am definetly humbled by the greatness I have found in this game.

help.gif

Do you read "UAV_Operation_manual_ENG.pdf" ?

There is :

Quote[/b] ]How to create and launch UAV recon in mission

1) Copy all files and directory EMSI_Data from zip archive to your mission directory.

Beware to description.ext and stringtable.csv files.

2) Create your soldier (player) which want to be connected during mission with UAV.

3) Create UAV (or another plane) with name “uavâ€.

– if you want, place a UAV directly waiting on taxiway and remove him fuel or if you want it direct in flight set him “In Flight†option.

4) Place an MRU addon (or any car, object etc.) with name “mru†anywhere you want.

5) If you use your own MRU unit like for example any car, create around this object cycled trigger with activating to unit (player) for launching

an MRU display with command [] exec â€EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs†in activation field.

6) If you have an UAV in group then you not need to set any WPs, but if you are alone (without UAV in group), set him few WPs to and over

target recon area.

7) Save mission and try.

... anyway, try to look in to attached demo mission wink_o.gif

Any questions ?

Hi all ...

After Christmas HW troubleshooting odyssey I'm proudly to present a short preview video of our UAV M/RQ-1 Predator addon ...

<span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>Note: version in this video is MQ-1 and will be released after RQ-1, becasue it needs still some small improvements</span>

Hoho...nice vid...can't wait to play it in ArmA xmas_o.gif

Coming soon according to the end of the video. Hopefully that wasn't liberally stated. Regardless.....God Damn that looked cool. This will be a great addition to the game.

I don't want to present here any release date, because exact date isn't given. But I believe that it will be to : ***** tounge2.gif

... of course soon

Well it is good to know that we are on the verge of getting something great to use in ArmA. Keep it up and the video looks good.

Question though, how will the Hellfires be fired from the UAV? Will there be a choice in the MRU to select the target and to fire them?

This is in solution and that's one of the reasons why we want release RQ version for first.

If player have UAV in group, he may command him to fire by command menu, else the UAV management shall be improved with let me say "Fire command button".

Do you read "UAV_Operation_manual_ENG.pdf" ?

There is :

Quote[/b] ]How to create and launch UAV recon in mission

1) Copy all files and directory EMSI_Data from zip archive to your mission directory.

Beware to description.ext and stringtable.csv files.

2) Create your soldier (player) which want to be connected during mission with UAV.

3) Create UAV (or another plane) with name “uavâ€.

– if you want, place a UAV directly waiting on taxiway and remove him fuel or if you want it direct in flight set him “In Flight†option.

4) Place an MRU addon (or any car, object etc.) with name “mru†anywhere you want.

5) If you use your own MRU unit like for example any car, create around this object cycled trigger with activating to unit (player) for launching

an MRU display with command [] exec â€EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs†in activation field.

6) If you have an UAV in group then you not need to set any WPs, but if you are alone (without UAV in group), set him few WPs to and over

target recon area.

7) Save mission and try.

... anyway, try to look in to attached demo mission wink_o.gif

Any questions ?

What exactly does Beware to description.ext and stringtable.csv

mean do I add these, (cut and paste), them to the existing in my mission directory? And for the information I'm trying to edit

a copy of EVO sp. Tried the demo mission and want to have it

to play with

New now I get a RSCUAV_console not found

Ok after further searching I found some answers, instead of putting it in my ArmA Mission(S) folder I had put it in my mission

folder where i had DEpbo'd it. However I'm still getting a RSCUAV_console not found when I approach the MRU unit in the map editor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. biggrin_o.gif

Hmmm ... strange icon_rolleyes.gif

Are you sure that in your mission aren't any other *.hpp files with defined resources.

This may be dangerous because they usually contains definitions of used graphics objects. Each of these objects has unique IDC or IDD on which may be linked other things in scripts etc.

So, for the first check all this things for non-cross references. wink_o.gif

EDIT:

- description.ext contains links to this definition (C++ header) files *.hpp

- stringtable.csv contains all used strings, so add to this file your own strings

Hmmm ... strange icon_rolleyes.gif

Are you sure that in your mission aren't any other *.hpp files with defined resources.

This may be dangerous because they usually contains definitions of used graphics objects. Each of these objects has unique IDC or IDD on which may be linked other things in scripts etc.

So, for the first check all this things for non-cross references. wink_o.gif

EDIT:

- description.ext contains links to this definition (C++ header) files *.hpp

- stringtable.csv contains all used strings, so add to this file your own strings

So am I reading this right, for example it would not be a good idea to put two artillery mods together , because of conflicts.

Yes of course, you may add your artillery to mission together with UAV management. But you must have (at least) a basic skills with scripting in ArmA/OFP because you with this made a "mishmash" and then you need to modify some things in this files and follow the shortcuts to predefined objects in *.hpp files etc...

So would it be too much to hope that this is going to have fire control for the hellfire on your latest UAV release implemented in a future update?

smile_o.gif

[edit: on further review, i discovered that the UAV's AI pilot will fire hellfires at enemy targets, but I'm not sure that it has anything to do with whether you've locked onto the target with the recon camera or not - i incidentally had when it happened. I also wonder if it would fire if still set to Friendly territory.

Are we going to see flight improvements like the UAV going a bit faster and higher.

I think a UAV in real life can go like 35000 ft. At least make the highest reaching point above 600.

It goes higher than 600 ... I had it running 1400 which was plenty to keep up and out the way.

@LBpilot1 & mrcash2009:

Aerial speed of this UAV is typically 130-165 km/h and flight level is up to 25,000 feet (7,620 meters) , but this isn't useful in ArmA. Here is better flightlevel over 1000 m.

@dwringer:

Yes, now I'm thinking about this manual firing from UAV management. Anyway, best way for this time is to use Predator as "Playable" unit.

Now im using this more fully, I was wondering how to remove the marker / way point element so I can use CEX/Change Of Command to set its way point (becuase it has more specific control).

At the moment if I let the UAV take off and dont set a waypoint, then switch to CEX and assign it a waypoint, I get confirmation .. then "we have reached destination" not so long after .. but without even trying to go to that waypoint ive placed (it effectively ignores it).

I assume this system overrides that with its own waypoint system.

Any tips on how it could work with CEX?

Easy ... remove all commands, buttons and scripts for WP assignement and then use this with CEX without problems wink_o.gif

Not sure if this has been already addressed. It seems you are defining a critical section of the description.ext file inside your hpp files: RscTitles. So, anyone wanting to have their own titles inside his mission needs to move yours or to define them inside your hpp file. You may just have your own titles classes inside your hpp and then, for the description.ext:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class RscTitles

{

// Anything required by the mission here

#include "youremsititlesfilehere.hpp"

};

Easy ... remove all commands, buttons and scripts for WP assignement and then use this with CEX without problems wink_o.gif

Ok, I sort of understand.

I do want all the buttons and menu etc, just not the control of waypoint placement in the menu, so then I can use CEX?

So where would I find that "bit" to remove?

Could you be more specific?

Ok, I took out the files "EMSI_UAV_set_wp.sqs" and "EMSI_UAV_set_wp_result.sqs".

I then edited "EMSI_UAV_console.hpp" and removed the classes refering to the WP sections (all references).

I load up and the option for waypoints is ignored/button gone. I let it take off set altitude, switch to CEX when I can see the marker (at this point circling Rahmadi island where it took off) .. place a way point in CEX at South Sahrani, I get "advancing" like I should. It goes to that direction, moves slightly out of Rahmadi and then says "we are at our destination" and keeps circling .. but is no where near where i placed the waypoint?

In effect removing WP scripts its doing the same. Its like it doesn't follow CEX way points, it gets acknowledged and then 10 seconds later "arrived" and its just simply been ignored and is no where near the waypoint I set in CEX.

Anyone got it working? CEX is working fine with everything else I use it for in my mission, it works a treat. Is there an overide in the script someplace else that Im missing?

Its like im battling with a phantom set path of its own, even baby stepping it away with small waypoints it keeps pulling back to circle the other way ... im confused.

Even with the WP script in tact I cant seem to get the thing to stay cirlcing where I want it anyway ... is it clashing with CEX?

I know I can switch to it and manually fly, but sometimes when i switch, CEX decides my main leader will be fixed set to "embark" on a nearest vehicle and I cant ever get it out of that mode when i switch back to him ... (another CEX bug but a separate issue.)