Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

UAV management

Double posting and pointless thread bumping are frowned upon in this forum (and if it feels bad, don't do it). icon_rolleyes.gif

I really haven't had enough of a go of this yet but in the demo mission the UAV dialog is activated by (I assume having not looked) a blufor present trigger. Do I need to modify the script call for an addaction or radio trigger?

@CURSOR:

1a) I think yes, but you must for first command him to board as pilot and then launch MRU interface. Try to do this in Demo mission (unpack first)

1b) UAV always lands on standard (or grass) runway and then continue to taxiway as any normal plane -> try to look in Demo mission and in PDF manual

2) Yes, you may add to UAV some wpts in editor, but you may also command him in mission for new wpts from MRU -> try to look in Demo mission and in PDF manual

3) Yes, it is possible -> look to some previous posts in this thread

4) One UAV -> One MRU operator as in reality

@Pillage:

Yes, you may wink_o.gif ... do anything what you need

i was being sarcastic d3u5chb4g

thanks EMSI the UAV is the shit!!!!!!

EMSI - you shouldn't be making addons, with such skills and idea you should work in BIS making such thing as part of game

cause ARMA action is in "modern world", but engine of ARMA alow us to play missions in WW2 or 1960, no thermal vision, no UAV, no using of long range artillery support on call

your UAV idea/addon is developement like from VBS, i haven't tried this, too complicated, but as a military simulator, this is great :]

Thanks for appreciation wink_o.gif

ok heres the problem : lol:

my "player" is alreay named, and he needs to keep his name "ap" when i add the UAV, somehow my player is an AI guy i use and not the AP what can i do

*** question crazy_o.gif

I don't understand how you may use AI unit as a player ?

And of course, you may use name for player as you want ...

BTW: Did you try something in editor before you asking here ?

ok ill try to explain a little better, thanks for taking the time to help.

im trying to add the uavmanagement to my r[e]volution map [evolution basically], and the player in the mission is named "ap" and he spawns at the created respawn points. you can then select him as a player[ap= alive player, i think]

when i add uav management, and name aircraft "uav" and place "mru" named "mru", when mission starts there are no [ap]'s to be selected so i start as a new [ai] unit with no name "ap"

im hoping maybe you could easily figure out a solution or pinpoint the problem thanks

Launching an MRU is dependent on selected player. MRU addon has in config file defined eventhandler:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers {

init = "_this exec ""\EMSI_UAV_GC\EMSI_UAV_GC_launch.sqs""";

};... and then is there small trigger definition:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MRU_launch = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", position mru]

MRU_launch setTriggerActivation ["STATIC", "PRESENT", true]

MRU_launch setTriggerArea [1, 1, 0, false]

MRU_launch setTriggerStatements ["this", "[] exec ""EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs""", "false"]

MRU_launch setTriggerType "SWITCH"

MRU_launch triggerAttachVehicle [player]

exit... so the MRU unit can switch on any unit assigned as player from all sides (OPFOR, BLUFOR ...), but I don't know how it works there, in your modificated Evo.

I think at the start of mission is everything correct with soldier as a player, but after respawn (?)

Try to edit my attached Demo mission. It is there for demonstration and for free edit if anybody need implement any changes or research for later different usage.

is the player defined as "player" in all of the scripts? could i just change the "player" to "ap?"

Variable "player" is defined by ArmA (and also in OFP) engine as default value for human player and yes, you may change it ...

ummm? ... is one of you talking MP missions and the other SP mssions?

Just a thought ....

Ah ... I says about SP ... I never edit any MP mission so I don't know how works this in MP icon_rolleyes.gif

I like what you have done, any progress on the final release?

Also, when making the UAV a helicopter or plane the turnin of it and the view from the UAV was rough not smooth. How is the control or turning of the UAV going to be, will it be smooth or rough? If the UAV is given a Waypoint will it always circle that area unless it gets another waypoint from the user.

Can it be possible to control the camera with the mouse instead of the # pad. Say the mouse movement controls the camera, the scroll controls the zoom, and the buttons select/reselect targets. I find using the # pad a bit tedious.

It may be a bit more work, but maybe you can let the user decide which way they want to control the UAV. Such as "To control UAV with mouse set this to 0 OR for the # pad set to 1. Something like that.

This is final release, but only for UAV management. I'm still waiting for pochyst (Predator UAV) to complete this "multi addon" -> Predator UAV + MRU Station + GCS Van + UAV Management ... tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]... the view from the UAV was rough not smooth. If the UAV is given a Waypoint will it always circle that area unless it gets another waypoint from the user.

I don't know what you mean - "rough not smooth" ... Movement of the view is only on you ... more practice = more precise movement wink_o.gif

... and behaviour across finished waypoint is adjusted by ArmA engine. When AI finish that wp, it stays there (if it's a ground unit) or circle over (if it's aerial).

Quote[/b] ]Can it be possible to control the camera with the mouse instead of the # pad ... It may be a bit more work, but maybe you can let the user decide which way they want to control the UAV. Such as "To control UAV with mouse set this to 0 OR for the # pad set to 1. Something like that.
Sorry, but no. Movement in this view using commands for predefined script camera.sqs ... so but if you have any solution how to change or modify this, send me PM. wink_o.gif

I guess I should have said, the vehicles movement as it went all over the place and didn't circle the waypoint like I thought it would. Thanks for the reply.

hahaha

good news

i put u UAV system in EVO mission ,its pay me much time,but its worth ! 4 channel in the same time when them both online!

u can call UAV as u want.

BUGs: after set WP the UAV arrived destination and wait a few time its leave from the destination fly to SOUTH...so i had to create a helicopter for UAV ,do you have a script to set the UAV do not leave.

another: after frist time i set WP 2nd time set wp dont work

destory it is only way.

need help

Nice to see anybody who successfull implement UAV management to any MP mission wink_o.gif

... but I'm not sure about your found bugs. If your UAV doesn't have assigned any WPs at the start of the mission, it returns to its starting position after it reach WP which you set him. Maybe you have your UAV somewhere on south at the start.

... and I doesn't know why you can't set another (for example 2nd) WPs, because this works well -> tested many times and with different timed delay between setting new WPs.

Just one question. As you wrote, UAV don't response to any command ? Approach command ? Land command ? .. and then you must destroy it ?

Looking good EMSI, keep it up. Can't wait until the final release of the actual UAV model is complete. How far would you say it's status is?

Thanx, addon of UAV M/RQ-1 Predator is completed for 99% (only few texture corrections are needed), but whole addon had pochyst and I was in last contact with him before Christmas ! confused_o.gifhuh.gif

Maybe will be better call the Interpol for his missing ... sad_o.giftounge2.gif

love it,, I managed to get it to work in dynamic mission and domination - just for my own use. Its great being able to scout out the objectives before i send my team in.

is there a way to mount this ontop so we could have robot like the small talon tank things.

You may use this in your public mission. Attached scripts are for free, but don't forget to adding me to Credits in your mission. wink_o.gif

Position of a camera is adjusted in file "EMSI_UAV_recon.sqs", so you must only try to find best position for your usage.

ook so someone got this into evolution? before you start the mission you know how you select what "character" you are on the left, player is named "ap" when i add uav to mission the characters all say ai and when the mission starts im some default guy and no "ap" scripts are running? understand?