Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

UAV management

I was curious if this may be MP compatable? I was just sittin here thinking how kewl it would be to have a human pilot flying that A10 or Harrier and I can sit there on the machine giving him grid cooridinates and he flys there and I sit there watching whats on the ground, then I relay to the ground forces;

"Alpha 1 this is UAV Command, you've got a large group of enemy forces moving your direction from the east " or whatever. Then they can be prepaired and get in an ambush positions or something. Plz let it be true?

thanks, I changed the RscText to RscText1 thats seemed to work.

I got a messege saying "Ressource title EMSI_UAV_display not found"

after changing the RscText, RscStructuredText, RscTitles by adding a 1 after them ex:

RscText1

any help would be appreciated.

works fine for me ! nice work mate.

what about setting sound to zero, whilst in recon view ?

and you should add an action to the mru unit instead of running on it.

it would be easier to manage the recon view if zooming in and out could be done by + and - on the numpad, but I suppose its again an arma limitation.

are u planning some updates on this, like enabling nvg beside the flir, multiple waypoints?

regards

rocko

aww.... but the sound is awesome sad_o.gif , just pretend that your using an advanced system with a 20 dollar microphone attached feeding back to ure mru biggrin_o.gif

I'll try this again since I didn't see a response. I'm a bit confused by the instructions to set this up in a mission. I'm trying to add it to "it's war part 1" by falseprophet, for personal use of course.

Anyway, could someone please explain the process in a little more detail? I really know nothing about doing this to a mission but it can't be that hard, right? I tried to followw the setup in the .pdf but I can't figure exactly what to do.

Thanks in advance to anyone that provides some help

Quote[/b] ]I'll try this again since I didn't see a response. I'm a bit confused by the instructions to set this up in a mission. I'm trying to add it to "it's war part 1" by falseprophet, for personal use of course.

Anyway, could someone please explain the process in a little more detail? I really know nothing about doing this to a mission but it can't be that hard, right? I tried to followw the setup in the .pdf but I can't figure exactly what to do.

Thanks in advance to anyone that provides some help

Sure,

Start by placing all of the contents of the "core data" folder into your map folder, in your case, i suppuse it would be "itwar" or something,

Now make sure the "addons" are in your addon folder..

Now in the editor, you will need two things, 1) the mru, and 2) the uav...

place down the mru (it was givin in the addon) or place any object you want to be the mru on the map and name it "mru".  

Now place ANY vehicle (preferably air) on the map, and name it "uav", this will be the unit you control with the scripts.

Note: If you use a different object for the mru, like a humvee or sumthing, be sure to place down a trigger to execute the interface when you are near:

in the init:

[] exec â€EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqsâ€

Now you fire up the map, and walk over to the mru (either one supplied that doesnt need the trigger, or the one you placed) and the interface will pop up giving you control over the uav, this also works with vehicles like strykers, although the camera is always placed on the underside of the vehicle, making things difficult to see

tounge2.gif

for any object on the map, except the mru i suggest putting in the radio which comes with arma and adding to its init line

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_this addAction ["UAV control", "EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs"]

@manzilla: u r welcome to offer your work wink_o.gif

after changing the RscText, RscStructuredText, RscTitles by adding a 1 after them ex:

RscText1

Are you rename these classes in my *.hpp files ?

Please don't do this, because when you don't have any skills with scripting you made a mishmash ... trust me.

Try to rename these classes in another files which are originally from your edited mission.

it would be easier to manage the recon view if zooming in and out could be done by + and - on the numpad, but I suppose its again an arma limitation.

are u planning some updates on this, like enabling nvg beside the flir, multiple waypoints?

regards

rocko

I'm thinking about this setting but Predator have propeller and this sound is more friendly then two turbo engines of A-10 smile_o.gif

Maybe I repair this with Predator release.

Zooming with +/- on numpad is limited by ArmA. Recon view using standard keys for script "camera.sqs" ...

... and using NVG instead of FLIR is let me say out of reality

In first version of UAV camera I use this: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_this addAction ["UAV control", "EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs"]... but isn't clear for me. I don't like this "arcade" solution smile_o.gif

I must <span style='color:red'>APOLOGIZE</span> to all who have problem with plane named as "predator" ... correct name for uav must be "uav" !

This is my mistake, because in first versions of UAV management was this plane called in all scripts like "predator" and for the universality with all other custom UAVs was changed to specific name "uav" ... banghead.gif

Demo mission have also plane A-10 with name "uav".

In release with UAV M/RQ-1 Predator addon will be also this mistake in PDF manual repaired. UAV management will be included also in this release.

So again ... I apologize huh.gif

@manzilla: u r welcome to offer your work  wink_o.gif

If I can get it to work I will definitely do that. I love the SP missions you guys made. A UAV would be an excellent addition to its war part 1. Hopefully I can get it done. I've also added many other user made vehicles and ammo crates. It makes it a little easier but I love to use everyones work now that I can barely use the editor.

RscText1

Are you rename these classes in my *.hpp files ?

Please don't do this, because when you don't have any skills with scripting you made a mishmash ... trust me.

Try to rename these classes in another files which are originally from your edited mission.

regards

rocko

I'm thinking about this setting but Predator have propeller and this sound is more friendly then two turbo engines of A-10 smile_o.gif

Maybe I repair this with Predator release.

Zooming with +/- on numpad is limited by ArmA. Recon view using standard keys for script "camera.sqs" ...

... and using NVG instead of FLIR is let me say out of reality

In first version of UAV camera I use this: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_this addAction ["UAV control", "EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_console.sqs"]

... but isn't clear for me. I don't like this "arcade" solution smile_o.gif

sorry, im just trying to get this working with a mission I made for personal use.

one more question. how do you get the UAV to stay put on the runway at the beginning of the mission until I tell it to take off.

So easy ... place him on taxiway and remove fuel with weapons

So easy ... place him on taxiway and remove fuel with weapons

thank you.

does this work in multiplayer?

does this work in multiplayer?
I think yes, but maybe you must perform some changes in scripts (?) ... I don't know ... I'm only playing MP but, never edit any MP mission tounge2.gif
what vehicle should i use for the UAV. what do people suggest.
Piper Warrior is good ...

In first beta version of UAV management was used Camel, but you may use also any helicopter like this (Vigilante) or this (Fire Scout). whistle.gif

good job!

i developed emsi's uav

i separated the core code form and call it like this :

some specially guy via actions call a uav & launch the uav without MRU ,the uav have the same function with emsi's demo .

now i wanna add LASER function,but i dont know about the LD

some one know it ?thx

Hey EMSI, you still working on this lovely gem?

I've got a UAV all lined up ready for the new version.

IS_2.jpg

By the way, the current demo seems to develope a bad loop after 10 - 15 mins, everything becomes very laggy.

@Hellfire168: well, my first version was also maded with action menu. But this was not pretty for me -> not so authentic icon_rolleyes.gif

LASER: you mean laser marker on UAV ?

@[APS]Gnat: Yes, pochyst still tune up some improvements on Predator, so I believe ... release will be available at the end of the february (?)

Nice UAV wing smile_o.gif ... any download link ?

btw - laggying: I know about it, but I don't know now where is problem, because sometimes works all perfect for hours (really I test it) and sometimes lags after few minutes huh.gif

@[APS]Gnat:

Nice UAV wing  smile_o.gif  ... any download link ?

OMFG

+12049812049810957103471029482-194801928409128430912813EQWJSDKL@!

And im looking forward to the release of the predator!!!! thumbs-up.gif

ok few questions, in the editor, the named "uav" aircraft empty or blufor? and also will it run oout of fuel?

ok few questions, in the editor, the named "uav" aircraft empty or blufor? and also will it run oout of fuel?

This UAV management script collection is universal, so you may assign as "uav" any aircraft or helicopter used by BLUFOR, OPFOR, Res or Civilians. Not empty, because you are only the operator for recon.

If you want your UAV waiting on taxiway, remove him fuel else place him in air with full tank.

If you place him on taxiway with full tank, it takes off immediately as any other normal plane.

ok EMSI get ready for the bombardment

1: basically, i put a blufor jet on a runway with fuel[uav] and ill control his recon, takeoff, and landing from the mru.

a:if so, can i make an empty jet the "uav" and make one of my recruits board it so i control the "uav" with him from the mru?

b: "uav'" will land on the runway "player" is closest to?

2:will i need to make any waypoints in the editor or is it all real time?

3: if i add the []exec mru script to my action menu will the uav menu be accessible anywhere?

4: how do you make multiple uavs, or make the one respawn?

thanks EMSI i must say this is some cool ass shit!

i really do feel bad about it but im just trying to make sure i get an answer

bump yay.gifgoodnight.gifnotworthy.gifrofl.gifsad_o.gifwelcome.gifinlove.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif