Sign in to follow this  
EMSI

UAV management

Hi all ...

Here is an UAV management.

You can use these scripts in editing as you want. This release is like a preview before M/RQ-1 Predator addon which will come soon.

Zip archive include ReadMe files in ENG/SK languages, MRU addon, SP demo mission, core scripts and  manuals in ENG/SK language.

Special thanx to: <span style='color:#000080'>Sirglider, Str & Ježuro</span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Download (*.zip)</span> (1,08 MiB)

Quote[/b] ]I must <span style='color:red'>APOLOGIZE</span> to all who have problem with plane named as "predator" ... correct name for uav must be "uav" !

This is my mistake, because in first versions of UAV management was this plane called in all scripts like "predator" and for the universality with all other custom UAVs was changed to specific name "uav" ...  banghead.gif

Demo mission have also plane A-10 with name "uav".

In release with UAV M/RQ-1 Predator addon will be also this mistake in PDF manual repaired. UAV management will be included also in this release.  

So again ... I apologize  huh.gif

<span style='color:#8B0000'>Main MRU interface</span>

EMSI_UAV_mru_interface.jpg

<span style='color:#8B0000'>MRU Map interface</span>

EMSI_UAV_map_view.jpg

<span style='color:#8B0000'>UAV Recon View with FLIR</span>

EMSI_UAV_recon_view.jpg

<span style='color:#8B0000'>MRU AddOn</span>

EMSI_UAV_mru_addon.jpg

I'm trying to add this to an existing mission but I don't really understand the instructions in the .pdf. Can some give me a little more detail about how to add it to a mission. I wanna edit an existing mission and add this to it. Hopefully.

FREAKING AWESOME MAN!!!

Wewt! Gonna go check it out now, this is amazing if all runs and works as it appears! Thanx so much for your efforts in this area of addon development!

Okay, I started my own mission and set everything up correctly, Ihave all of the necessary files in the mission folder and everything should be fine. I placed the object which i labled "mru" and a uav i labled "predator" but when I open the mru display, it appears it is not being recognized, when I click view map, it puts me in some strange far away coordinates no where near the plane... and it says something like:

"Error: blah blah blah "uavpozicia.sqs" or sumthing

3 elements expacted, 0 found or something...

Edit: okay I figured it out, Contrary to what your read-me says, you should name the Uav "uav"

Also, I got it to run, but I found a minor bug i think, when I first start out flying around, I can use the enter key (or "\" by default) to lock the camera onto a set postition, however, after about 5 or so minutes, the uav will only lock onto itself... im not sure if this has to do with the altitude im flying at, or the speed, but it is present..

EDIT2: The bug mentioned above is related to the UAV itself, I was using the uav from the cti mission.. it is so small that the camera is placed a few feet behind the plane itself, when at high speeds and altitudes, the plane gets in the way of the camera, and as a result the camera only locks onto itself...

I have tested this with the A-10's, and it makes for a hell of a lot of Fun!!! Thank You so much Mr. emsi, this addon rules x10 ! thumbs-up.gif

The readme says call the plane your using as the UAV aircraft 'predator' but infact you need to call it UAV for it to work, else you get no response from the UAV from the dialog.

Edit : Chip360 already mentioned that ages ago lol.. doh whistle.gif

The readme says call the plane your using as the UAV aircraft 'predator' but infact you need to call it UAV for it to work, else you get no response from the UAV from the dialog.

yep  tounge2.gif

okay I figured it out, Contrary to what your read-me says, you have to name the Uav "uav" not "predator"

Wow! That view management system has all kinds of applications. That's basically how the optics on the kamov seem to work, as well as the harrier's SNIPER system.

Quote[/b] ]Also, I got it to run, but I found a minor bug i think, when I first start out flying around, I can use the enter key (or "\" by default) to lock the camera onto a set postition, however, after about 5 or so minutes, the uav will only lock onto itself... im not sure if this has to do with the altitude im flying at, or the speed, but it is present..

EDIT2: The bug mentioned above is related to the UAV itself, I was using the uav from the cti mission.. it is so small that the camera is placed a few feet behind the plane itself, when at high speeds and altitudes, the plane gets in the way of the camera, and as a result the camera only locks onto itself...

Yes, I know about this. When you lock view of a camera, system check all nearest targets and when is any target close to locked position it lock that.

So when you rotate camera to A-10 and then push this button, camera is automatically locked on A-10.

But never lock to itself automatically ... icon_rolleyes.gif

that looks fantastic - can we stick that camera system on jets

Armas gonna be a whole new game.

also love the music in the vid who is it?

In attached demo mission is like UAV used temporary A-10.

Music in video is from Ocean's Eleven soundtrack I think icon_rolleyes.gif

hey guys,

will someone please post the readme in text? i don't have pdf reader and can't put it on my computer.

many thanks mates!

Converted PDF manual in text is too large for posting so when you need only basic info how use this addon, look here ...

Key “8†at Numeric pad – moves the camera up

Key “2†at Numeric pad – moves the camera down

Key “4†at Numeric pad – moves the camera left

Key “6†at Numeric pad – moves the camera right

Key “W†– zoom in the camera (or move mouse to the front)

Key “S†– zoom out the camera (or move mouse to the back)

Key “/†at Numeric pad – lock the target (camera is locked to the pointed position on the ground or on the nearest known target)

Key “5†at Numeric pad – unlock the target (or hit one of movement keys)

Key “L†– switch OFF/ON the center cross (or square marker on locked target)

Key “V†– switch OFF the camera during recon at any time you want

UAV M/RQ-1 Predator is still in beta version ... and pochyst now finish on him with some small improvements.

In demo mission is used temporary A-10 with specific name "uav" ...

gotcha,thanks. i was just researching for the status of that. many thanks. this is so much fun. i love it!

Im getting an error when I combine it with another mission

"missions\OperationBlackNite.Sara\EMSI_Data\EMSI_UAV_display.hpp, line 17: .RscText: Member already defined."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Probably you have there defined another "RscText" class in your description.ext or *.hpp file wink_o.gif

All *.hpp files in my addon have defined different classes for this issue. Only one class have "RscText" and other classes have for example "RscTextMap" and so on ...

Quote[/b] ]so, can I rename RscText or just delete it.
Change its ID but be aware to change it in the scripts as well...

UAV M/RQ-1 Predator is still in beta version ... and pochyst now finish on him with some small improvements.

In demo mission is used temporary A-10 with specific name "predator" ...

WOW, the predator looks super fine! I can't wait to use it in tandem with your excellent Excellent scripts !