Sign in to follow this  
Flasher444

"Cannot create system memory" The Return

I think that may be a DX issue. Doesn't seem to be able to initilise the rendering stage or something. Just get the web setup version of the DX runtime and it'll check to see if you need any of it updating. They tend to release an update every 3 months or so, basically small bug fixes or adding to the SDK features blah blah. Basically make sure everything on your system is up to date really.

Go here for the setup thing. Open it in IE as it checks to see if your Windows is genuine, it's less annoying in IE than FireFox at least as the little applet is made for IE.

This is not DX problem , its problem in Arma because it haven't got proper compatibles with new grafic carts ,

that's all

Here is my theory on the CTD with an Example, true story we have been testing our clans constant CTDing when another clan member joins, we all got together and tested with or with out addons with no luck. Now remember we can play for hours intill we cross paths with the other clan  crazy_o.gif it has come down to XML'S because the other clan took off there xml's and i could play all night, or i had removed mine when they had theres on  banghead.gif is this possible and why because i would love to know what xml changes need to be looked at to stop the clash  sad_o.gif

I recieved the same message again today! driver issues or the game! Really peed to be honest as this problem has been going since patch 1.07 that was after ati cards were fixed in the patch i believe. I have a geforce 7900 gs with 256 of onboard ram, funny really as on the case its got nvidia the way its meant to be played.... low settings and constant chrashes eh? May bloody well end up moving onto consoles as this driver thing does my nut in crazy_o.gif

Had those problems for a while aswell until I added -maxmem=256 or 512 to the commandline. But im sure y'all already tried?

I could have swore I saw that after I fresh Windows install and after I first installed ARMA

I had to update my DirectX

nope direct x is to the latest version, my graphic card drivers are to the latest and i have tried both maxmem 512 and 256

well again i will put my expience in for u all inlove.gif

7950gt

7950gt SLI

7950GX2

8800GT

Problem one they all CTD with that bloody error

Problem two all CTD on these ones stopped when disabling Shadows.... Low Shadows would delay the CTD tho.

I have tested them on the following Configurations for your Interest

3x Socket 775 Systems with E6850s

2x Socket AM2 Systems with X2 4600+

1x Socket 940 Dual Opteron 250 system

2GB memory and 4gb Memory Configurations

Windows XP Professional X32/X64

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise X32/64

Windows XP Home

Windows Vista Ultimate Edition X32/64 (it was the worst never could get it working with Arma but Vista is crap anyways just collects dust now)

Interstingly enough most of the configurations mimic each other except when using VISTA and its just totally Unstable.

Thanks Volkov will turn my shadows off then, will report back if i still get a chrash to desktop. Really is funny that nvidia cards are having this problem when armas case is endorsed with the nvidia logo! biggrin_o.gif

I'va got a GF 8600 gt card and I was getting that error constanly too.

Updating directx and adding meximem partameter did the trick for me.

Updating directx and adding meximem partameter did the trick for me.

Another 8800GTS user with this issue. I'll try disabling shadows too.

Can you remind me the syntax to put in the shortcut for the maxmem please?  I have an 8800GTS with 320Mb so whats the correct MaxMem setting?

Thanks.

Basicly the maxmem should resolve the problem unless ur making use of screwed up addons (some Islands had the problem to give out of memory error and other crashes due to faulty configs/rvmats)

Quote[/b] ]Windows Vista Ultimate Edition X32/64 (it was the worst never could get it working with Arma but Vista is crap anyways just collects dust now)
The Vista issue was found and squashed. Problem was DX9 Apps + Vista both assigned virtual memory for the graphics card memory, doubling the assigned virtual memory and as such running out of memory even sooner than on XP. Hotfixes resolved that.

The wiki of this thread contains info on fix: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=69307

well either way I would not even reinstall vista till there is more reason as since there is none XP X64 and 2k3 will do me fine

i heard from several sources that 2008 runs ArmA way better than Vista SP1 ...

atm no time to test myself so if You got time ... try that route

i heard from several sources that 2008 runs ArmA way better than Vista SP1 ...

2008? Whats that?

i have the 2008 RC still waiting for final to come out but never tested arma out on it but overall it runs better then Vista anyways

And still no path for this really anoying BUG !!!!!!!!!!

snap020cn8.jpg

You get this if DXT is disabled in ATI CCC.