Sign in to follow this  
Milkduster

Darker textures for M16/M4 rifles.

After releasing my darker ironsights people wanted the entire rifle to be darker, so here it is. This addon replaces BIS's textures with darker ones on the M16/M4 family rifles. The magazines are also a little bit darker.

Some pics:

M16A2s and M16A4s

M4s

M16A2 compared (right side)

M16A2 compared (left side)

M4 with aimpoint

The list of changed weapons:

M16A2

M16A2GL

M16A4

M16A4_GL

M16A4_ACG

M4

M4A1

M4A1SD

M4AIM

M4GL

M4A1GL

Don't try to run the addon along with Milkduster's Darker Ironsight Replacement/Addon.

There are a few issues, it would be greatly appreciated if some one knew how to fix these.

The textures aren't replaced for the M16A4_ACG_GL when using the replacement, but you can access it using MLK_M16A4_ACG_GL

The gas blow back tube under the front sight has disappeared on some of the M4s.

Download Mirrors

Filefront (10 mb)

Armaholic

ArmedAssault.info

Questions, comments, criticisms, and other hosts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much mate - they look incredible!! Can't wait to try them out tonight!

pistols.gifpistols.gifyay.gifyay.gif

adding this one to my list for addons.

but can i get just the m16's? i have some replacement for my m4's. and i would like to keep them.

Thanks for comments and hosts. I'm glad people like it.

but can i get just the m16's? i have some replacement for my m4's. and i would like to keep them.

Yeah, I could probably whip a pack up pretty quick for you.

EDIT: okay, this should do....

Filefront (7mb)

NICE!!! good work. love them. now i can see the sights and have a better looking (more real) M16.

Yes, concur, MD - the M16s/M4s are now so much better looking! Thanks again!!!! yay.gif

i get this in my .rpt

Quote[/b] ]

Conflicting addon CAWeapons in 'replacement\', previous definition in 'mlk_isight\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons in 'ca\weapons\', previous definition in 'mlk_isight\'

who else or is it just me ?

i am using the first release files, which just change the ironsights.

regards

rocko

Milkduster, the new textures are great but something that always bugs me about the open sight rifles is the center post.

I guess its probably alot of work for such a small change but any chance that you can edit the meshes like this...?

89238584.jpg

i get this in my .rpt
Quote[/b] ]

Conflicting addon CAWeapons in 'replacement\', previous definition in 'mlk_isight\'

Conflicting addon CAWeapons in 'ca\weapons\', previous definition in 'mlk_isight\'

who else or is it just me ?

i am using the first release files, which just change the ironsights.

regards

rocko

Probably because youre running it with my ironsight addon. Use one or the other, not both at the same time.

And I won't make the pointy post sight because thats not how it is in real life.

Ah, OK.

I saw an AR-15 sight like that but maybe it was moded or an old version.

defenitly an improvement, its a keeper, however they look slightly plastic like, like an airsoftgun or something, any chance you could make them look more metal like, some scratches here and there perhaps?

Looking good they way they are, but to echo in on the post above, deffinitly make them a little more metal looking and possibly a littel beat-up and dirty? I dunno the last time I seen soldiers after being in a war walk around with there brand new out of the factory black M-16 wink_o.gif

Great addon, but when i switch to 3 round burst on the m16a2/a4 it only makes the single shot sound. The bullets still fire in a 3 round burst but i can only hear one shot. Is this just me, or have others experienced this as well?

The textures are great though.