Short video

40mb

<s>Coming soon.</s>

Download

VTE Download

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21332

Cheers

smile_o.gif

Looks very nice mate, you did brilliantly with Dynamic War, im sure this will be no different smile_o.gifpistols.gif

Not really sure what to do with this now, initially it was going to be a big (3-500 unit) battle for an enemy position which was/is working fine but lacks a certain something.

Now I have a lot of the mechanics in place I am thinking of converting it to a bigger Dyna War type mission but instead of returning to base all the time the players are given new missions "in the field".

I found all the travelling and the get mission/end mission process in the other mission a bit tedious. I'm going to try and bypass this and have something more fluid, but I need to think about a way of having a sort of frontline where the smaller missions take place. Also, it needs some newer mission types, I don't want to re-invent the wheel again.

Still scratching my chin on this.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers

smile_o.gif

somekind of plot would be nice. u could allso make the mission to correspond to a real life battle scenario a'la hamburger hill.

@puma

Quote[/b] ]somekind of plot would be nice. u could allso make the mission to correspond to a real life battle scenario a'la hamburger hill.

I could incorporate that into something bigger, don't know yet.

@verde13

Quote[/b] ]I think that a dynamic mission would be great

Me too. wink_o.gif

---------------------------------------------------

Change of plan...mission is now available in first post.

A few things to note.

This is primarily a MP mission, completely playable in SP but the savegame won't work so you may as well play in a self hosted MP game then you'll get group respawn.

This is my first script heavy MP mission so I've no idea how it'll behave with a few players, I've tested it with 2 and limited it to 5 for the time being but in theory it could be 30 players. I mainly did this because the server I play on doesn't have many players but I wanted to try and recreate the mayhem of a bigger battle.

The filesize is so big partly due to Wolfrug's DSAI script, which is AWESOME!

Please refer to the VTE thread linked above for installation queries and general VTE questions. smile_o.gif

Cheers

smile_o.gif

What I've found out in VTE dedicated server is that the "evolution of vietnam scene" mission gets played the most. This is the AirCav mission by Anzac SAS guys which has several objectives and you respawn at the base where all damaged and abandoned vehicles respawn also.

While I'm not completely a big fan of those respawn missions as they tend to lead into quake style gameplay, I have to admit that they are far more enjoyable as you can have hours long missions even if you get killed before the mission is complete. We just need to balance the mission somehow that it wont lead into stupid user activity like flying a vehicle into objective and jumping out etc (not that such things have ever happened in our server, but just to make an example of respawn missions).

Personally at the moment I'm thinking of mission which gives you orders/missions from the HQ (building) which you then need to complete. The whole terrain is the operational area and enemies are doing their own thing around there and the generated mission could of course make sure there just maybe happens to be more enemy activity (or specific activity) in the current mission objective. In a way you could say that it would be your previous mission in MP form with the exception that enemies are spread across the area and doing their own thing instead always just createVehicle'd in the mission area.

Sorry I dont have any more specific mission idea in mind (if thats not specific enough heh)

ArmA Mission + OFP Mod? I just don´t get it .. on VTE page the latest version is 0.4 and no word about ArmA huh.gif

help.gif

edit: Now i see! Link to correct thread: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21332

edit2: omg .. VTE´s got a half working ACH-47 and a working Stratofortress!

*Goes back to work dropping archlight missions all over 7 mountains region* yay.gif

@Snake Man

Quote[/b] ]Personally at the moment I'm thinking of mission which gives you orders/missions from the HQ (building) which you then need to complete. The whole terrain is the operational area and enemies are doing their own thing around there and the generated mission could of course make sure there just maybe happens to be more enemy activity (or specific activity) in the current mission objective. In a way you could say that it would be your previous mission in MP form with the exception that enemies are spread across the area and doing their own thing instead always just createVehicle'd in the mission area.

Thanks for that, kind of the lines I'm thinking apart from the players squad will maybe have the option of getting new objectives in the field instead of having to go back to base all the time, but will have to return to base to rearm.

Feel free to put this up on the server. smile_o.gif

@Mr Burns

icon_redface.gif

Thanks for pointing that out.

smile_o.gif