Sign in to follow this  
-IC-Wedge

Ladders?

can you please tell me where are the textures of the ladder?

i a noob on O2, but i think i created a "block" that looks like the top image in O2 but when i put it in Visitor i cant see anything.. (but i can see the arrow above it)

Edit:

another thing.. Are you testing the ladder in Sahrani or ramadih?

Or on your own island? I ask this because that island is familiar to me.

I tested the ladder on every islands biggrin_o.gif even in my own one...

if you are using the original BI ladder (ladder_half.p3d), you have only to binarize it, then make the config, configuring the model as house (keep in mind to put the LAND_ prefix in the class name of the ladder), and specifying the memory point for the start and the end of the ladder

sorry for my ignorance..

but how i binarize it?

what i need to do?

edit: typo

Hi.

That ladder works fine for me without making a new config or adding it to my islands config.

I just place it on my map and binarize the island while packing with binpbo.

i ask again how do you binarize the island?

is that option "text or binarize" when you transfer textures?

I just dont know how you guys binarize.. i missed something. Thanks why its not working.

It does also not work when binarized with usermade Islands.

(exept some Objects like water towers ?! wow_o.gif )

Schmalfelden and many others got this problem too.

Of cause we only talk about unchanged BIS Standard Models like

the Kbud, the Factory buildings, Ladders and the most other objects with user actions.

I hope some BIS official can clear this problematic.

(Maybe it could be a problem of the Binarize or Visitor Version ?! icon_rolleyes.gif)

It does also not work when binarized with usermade Islands.

(exept some Objects like water towers ?! wow_o.gif )

Schmalfelden and many others got this problem too.

Of cause we only talk about unchanged BIS Standard Models like

the Kbud, the Factory buildings, Ladders and the most other objects with user actions.

I hope some BIS official can clear this problematic.

(Maybe it could be a problem of the Binarize or Visitor Version ?! icon_rolleyes.gif)

yes, i also noticed it...

And yes, maybe a Official BIS DEV should help on this tinny "huge" problem.

Hi.

As ive said they work fine on my island.

If you read the thread from the beginning it shows how to do it.

You have to start your island with same directory structure as bi's islands(i.e.Your islands root folder needs to be in the ca folder, the one where you put the default bi model folders like roads, etc. You need to unrap all the config files in the model folders as well).

Then follow the directions in this thread for using binpbo.

Note that we don't mean ladders and Animations of objects like:

- most Radio an Watchtowers

- some others

If you get a working island version (except the original islands of cause !wink_o.gif with the following objects:

Dooractionproblems:

- Dum_mesto2 (with 4 Dooranims) (the modelname could be a bit different  whistle.gif )

- Kbud (1 Dooranim)

Ladderactionproblems

- Ladder or Ladderhalf

- Ladders of both Factory buildings traverna1 & 2 (the modelname could be a bit different  whistle.gif )

- a lot of others

Oh ... after reading your Post once again ... some text burned in my eyes ...

in  

Quote[/b] ]Your islands root folder needs to be in the ca folder, ...
That could be a important point !

Have to try it  wow_o.gif

Overall it would be nice if you could build a minimalism Island with the examples and upload it somewhere ! wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You have to start your island with same directory structure as bi's islands(i.e.Your islands root folder needs to be in the ca folder

That may fix one problem, but cause others. Peruse this forum and you will see the solution to many other problems is keeping your island folder outside the CA folder.

actually im using my island name out side P:\ca\

is that the reason is not working?

i have it in P:\MyIslandName\

Maybe it must be in there for Binarize ... otherwise as Nicholas Bell sayed it causes other problems. banghead.gif

I can observe that the wrp file size changed a bunch of bytes when it in here for binarize process !

Still testing and/or wait for an official can clear this problematic huh.gif

Still testing and/or wait for an official can clear this problematic  huh.gif

By the way this is going i think alot of people (map makers) will die ignorant in this subject.

Its sad.

That may fix one problem, but cause others.  Peruse this forum and you will see the solution to many other problems is keeping your island folder outside the CA folder.

Hi.

Maybe. But I havent had problems since doing it this way. All my problems happened when I was making the island outside of the ca folder.

Ive been reading mostly everything in here since the tools came out but cant remember what problems your talking about. Well I havent paid much attention to the tutorial threads(those seem to make islands that arent fully functional).

Ive been reading mostly everything in here since the tools came out but cant remember what problems your talking about. Well I havent paid much attention to the tutorial threads(those seem to make islands that arent fully functional).

Well the problems that we refered were:

when place ladders they dont work as they should, ie, there is no menu option to climb or get down.

Also when we build roads in "road network" AI's do not use them as they should, ie, they don't follow the roads normally. They go on "S's".

Can you please confirm if you have these errors using the P:\ca\MyMap instead of P:\MyMap ?

edit: I must ask this, those who use the P:\ca\MyMap

also used this settings?

Quote[/b] ]i am still having probs with BinPBO

I tried following all instructions posted here

My Setup is as follows

In the P drive i have a CA folder,

In this folder i have all of the unpbo'd files (buildings,plants etc),

Within these i have unbinned all the configs,

also within the CA folder i have my island (ict_isle).

BinPBO Is setup like so

Addon Source Dir - P:\CA\ict_isle

Destination Dir - :\CA

Clear temp folder - yes

Binarize - yes

options

Create log - yes

Path to temp folder - P:\CA\temp

Path to project folder - p:\CA

use source path - no

Addon Prefix - auto

Looks like these setting configurations are very important for all refered models to work as they should in Custom Maps.

Can some one Help clarefy and confirm it?

I am whiling to test for both situations, ie, P:\MyMap and P:\ca\MyMap.

infact i already tryed for P:\ca\MyMap, when i load the textures with Buldozer it works fine but when i export to game i cant load the textures (yes, changed all rvmat path). I believe it as something to do with these seetings i ask for confirmation.

when place ladders they dont work as they should, ie, there is no menu option to climb or get down.

I haven't read thru the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been solved already or not, but here goes...

------------------------------

To give a config to a visitor-placed object, you need to configure the object with a special classname. The classname of the object MUST be:

land_modelname

Example:

model name: genb_myHouse.p3d

class name: land_genb_myHouse

You MUST use this classname convention, it is the only way to tell the engine what config is used by your visitor placed model.

Using this classname, you would then configure it as you would configure any other house / ladder / whatever. There should be examples all over the forum, else look at BIS stuff.

Also, your model must have the named property "class = building" or "class = house" in one of the LODS (not sure which, might as well put it everywhere though). If you have some other class property (like fence, tree, etc), then the engine will ignore your config.

------------------------------

Notice that the config of the objects has nothing to do with the visitor process. They are separate processes, so the locations of the building models vs the location of the map are irrelevant.

I could make some building models and release them as an addon, and you could place those buildings on your maps without needing the configs or the unbinarized building models. As long as the end user has both addons installed, and as long as the buildings are configured as mentioned above, then the buildings will work fine.

Later on, you could change the config of the buildings, and you'd see the changes in-game, without repacking the map. They are separate processes.

---------

Also notice that this means model names must be unique, otherwise configs could get overwritten! For example, lets say BIS has a 4-door house, with a model name "housebig.p3d". Now, say you create a 5-door house, and call the model "housebig.p3d". Now your config is in conflict with BIS's config, so one or the other house will not function correctly when both addons are installed.

For this reason, its best to use OFPEC tags for all of your p3d model names that you will place on a map.

@General Barron

That not the point ... the problematic is when using existing BIS models on usermade islands. banghead.gif

(of cause with correct definitions, otherwise sara & co must have also the same problem, but that's not fact !wink_o.gif

I have a bad feeling that MLOD models including configs etc. have to be in there in the binarize process,

to build some sort of special data for that type of object in this island.

Overall i can't see how that type of technic be of avail, but that would clarify a lot of things. huh.gif

Hi.

If everything is done in the ca folder, your map is packed and binarized with binpbo, and you use stock bis models then you dont have to write configs.

Ladders and anims simply work.

If you use the mlod files BI provided in your ca folder they also include the configs and model.cfg files, so everything should work fine with Visitor and indeed Binarize.

Planck

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the problems are caused by pathnames, I've yet to figure out when and where case sensitive pathnames are required, BIS pathnames are not consistent (grep the unpacked config files for 'ca\', you'll find 'ca\', Ca\ and CA\) so I guess it doesn't matter all the time. I haven't figured it out yet, but when I tried to solve the mysterious ladder issue last year that was the point where the plot thickened, BIS buildings work in 'ca' rooted islands because the pathnames work.

Holy Sh*t burgers my ladders are working.

Before now on my custom island the Tank buildings and church buildings definatly did not work.

I followed this thread THIS THREAD with my own island and Used Bin PBO as specified and boom these buildings now work.

My only problem is that when i use BinPBO i am getting a texture error with the RVmats and cannot see any textures on my island... aaaaarrrgfh

Ok i have tested all buildings in my island...these include

Factory

hotel

church

tank garage

all the ladders worked as they should

My island WAS in the P:\CA folder and binarized with Binpbo and works 100%.

SOLUTION: How to make ladders work smile_o.gif

This info might help a Lot of People!

Quote[/b] ]1-Copy the Schmalfelden folder in CA. EDIT-make sure you have a backup, Id hate to make you lose this..its probally the best looking map in arma.

2-Delete the wrp file and the layers folder.

3-Change all paths in rvmat files in data folder(i.e. change Schmalfelden\Data\fieldtravajih_detail_nohq.paa" to ca\Schmalfelden\Data\fieldtravajih_detail_nohq.paa")

4-Change all paths in layers.cfg like above.

5-change path to world in config from worldName = "\Schmalfelden\Schmalfelden.wrp" to worldName = "\ca\Schmalfelden\Schmalfelden.wrp"

6-open the new location in visitor. Go to project preferences and change the texture path from schmalfelden\data to ca\schmalfelden\data.

7- Save to pew file.

8- Import your sat and layer mask.

9- Export a new wrp file.

phew..sounds like a lot but its fast.

You need to have all the bis model configs unraped in their respective folders.

Now for binpbo settings.

"addon source directory" - p:\ca\schmalfelden

"destination directory" - your choice (I use my G:\ drive)

check "clear temp folder"

check "binarize"

hit the options tab

EDIT- Add *.rvmat to the "list of files to copy directly"

I also add *.sqm to the "list of files to copy directly" But since you didnt include an island anim it isnt needed.

Check "create log file" (its good for seeing any errors, I had a lot of trees out of grid references with your map)

"path to project folder" - p:\ca

"addon prefix" - I have automatically checked

Hit "ok" Then hit "pack"

Worked fine for me.

edit: Its important that you use the BinPBO program instead the cpbo. I was using the cpbo and ladders wouldn't work. Ladders work because all paths are correct and because we use the BinPBO program!

can you guys make the ladders work in the new models from 1.14 after placing them in Visitor3? (not editor)

i tried this in my config.cpp bit it didn't work for me.

class Land_cti_heliport: House
{ model = "\ca\cti_buildings\cti_heliport.p3d";
};

My required addons list in config.cpp are

requiredAddons[] = {"CAData", "CABuildings", "CAMisc", "CAPlants", "CARoads", "CARocks"};

Also tried to add "CActi_buildings" but doesn't work aswell.

Edited by bravo 6
when porting to new forum there was strange codes in post.