Sign in to follow this  
-IC-Wedge

Ladders?

Because the tools are incomplete , maybe Bis frightened you wll make arma2 ,Before them ? same for anims and laddders etc in binpbo , simply cannot get to work.

Please keep this random negative spam out of this forum area sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Dont understand it, suddenly my custom defining of dust, roughness and soundenv. settings not working any more.

My test island was created outside of the CA folder/prefix and uses working custom surface properties. It might be caused by changing working folder part way through the project, or a missed setting somewhere, I dunno? There are so many files and settings that need to be updated to refer to your new working folder... Try creating a new project and keeping to the same working folder. You can import your work quite easily with the scripts if need be.

class CfgSurfaces {

class Default {};

class MySurface : Default {

access = ReadOnly;

files = "uravajih*";

rough = 0.9;

dust = 0.9;

soundEnviron = "mud";

character = "Empty";

};

};

same for anims and laddders etc in binpbo , simply cannot get to work.

Actually, if you read the thread they do work, as long as everything is done right.

My test island was created outside of the CA folder/prefix and uses working custom surface properties.

Well, looks like they only work outside the ca directory structure. My custom surfaces don't work, but i must have done something right, I can turn clutter on and of, but the rough, dust, and soundenv settings don't work, and that has nothing to do with a wrong path IMO, since the soundenv for instance is set without specifying any path. Any idea why it doesn't work?

I'd also like to know if your Island goes through BinPBO with binarize turned on without errors in the logfile regarding buildings from the ca directory (I was only able to achieve this with my island in the ca directory), and do ladders from those buildings work?

At this point I think it's the tools, not me, but i'd love to be corrected.

Okay, I just reconstructed a test island in the root directory and tested it binPBO'd vs kegetys cpbo.

Custom surfaces and ladders for "kostel.p3d" worked in both cases.

ladders for "hlaska.p3d" and "water_tank.p3d" did not work in either case.

I'll see if I can figure it out...

ladders for "hlaska.p3d" and "water_tank.p3d" did not work in either case.

They work fine on my map, but binarized with the maps folder in the ca directory.

I havent tried defining a custom surface yet.

I dont wanne talk about it anymore, but i have to say i had my custom surface settings working whatever way, they now just dont work any more, same for some really strange bug which has placed some dirt road parts on my island which i cant remove anymore, dont talk about all kinds of solutions because i have tryed them all.

I'm really given up on it and reinstalled all my OFP stuff, theres more people still working on that then on Arma, its really unfair of "them" to release half a game and expect the community to figure out the bugs and create new ideas for "them" to steal.

Have fun, good luck

same for anims and laddders etc in binpbo , simply cannot get to work.

Actually, if you read the thread they do work, as long as everything is done right.

I would never embaress a person ,but you asked for it smile_o.gif

i made the first ever island for arma , i made 16 for ofp and however much your faith tells you that BIS want you to be able to mod arma like you could ofp ,my knowledge and common sense tells me different wink_o.gif.

there is a big difference between , wow it hasnt crashed and no errors in arma .rpt when your playing on a dedicated server.

I would never embaress a person ,but you asked for it smile_o.gif

i made the first ever island for arma , i made 16 for ofp and however much your faith tells you that BIS want you to be able to mod arma like you could ofp ,my knowledge and common sense tells me different wink_o.gif.

No worries. You pulling your own chain dosent embarass me at all. biggrin_o.gif

I've made islands/environments for ofp and other games too. Though I dont see how any of this has anything to do with your false statement "anims and laddders etc in binpbo , simply cannot get to work".

Hi Again

Sorry for starting a thread and then not being involved...ive been away :-)

i am still having probs with BinPBO

I tried following all instructions posted here

My Setup is as follows

In the P drive i have a CA folder,

In this folder i have all of the unpbo'd files (buildings,plants etc),

Within these i have unbinned all the configs,

also within the CA folder i have my island (ict_isle).

BinPBO Is setup like so

Addon Source Dir - P:\CA\ict_isle

Destination Dir - :\CA

Clear temp folder - yes

Binarize - yes

options

Create log - yes

Path to temp folder - P:\CA\temp

Path to project folder - p:\CA

use source path - no

Addon Prefix - auto

When i packed it it took a lot longer than before so assumed it was working properly. Once i stuck it in the game it did not show in the list. This confused me as i know that the config is working properly.When i PBOd using Kegs tool no probs apart from the ladders.

When i checked the log file there was a shed load of these

Quote[/b] ]No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House.scope'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House.model'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House.simulation'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.scope'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.model'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.simulation'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.accuracy'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.camouflage'.

'/' is not a value

and

Quote[/b] ]Cannot evaluate '' - no file

[]: '/' not an array

any help would be great as i would like to get this island released

Cheers

Wedge

It appears that the game cannot find class House defined in your config.

You should have something like:

class House; <----- inherits from standard class House

Class MyHouse: House

{

};

Planck

I think the issue is getting BI objects to work on custom island, there is no MyHouse.

Or are you saying we need to inherit the standard classes into our island's config if it uses an object of that class?

Well, I can't see his config so I made up a house addon called MyHouse for example purposes.

As I cannot really see the config I can only really guess the problem, the game has obviously read his config which must mention class House in it somewhere, but the rpt message is definitely saying "I see no definition of class House, therefore I will complain".

Planck

Wedge @ Nov. 28 2007,05:19)]This confused me as i know that the config is working properly.When i PBOd using Kegs tool no probs apart from the ladders.

When i checked the log file there was a shed load of these

Quote[/b] ]No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House.scope'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House.model'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House.simulation'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.scope'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.model'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.simulation'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.accuracy'.

'/' is not a value

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase.camouflage'.

'/' is not a value

My binmake config dosent have those entries either. But I didnt get the errors and everything seems fine(ladders work, I can direct ai to the various locations inside buildings).

Sounds like binpbo cant find the proper configs, when you unraped them, did you generate seperate files for root classes?

Quote[/b] ]Sounds like binpbo cant find the proper configs, when you unraped them, did you generate seperate files for root classes?

Sorry mate im a bit of a tool when it comes to alot of this....i should stick to 3d max..hehe.

I unPBOd the addons and put them in my CA folder in the P drive.

I then used Unrap to decode the BIN files....thats it!

Let me know if im doing something wrong.

On a side note does anyone have the time to take a quick look at it for me. I feel it would be an awesome benefit if somebody could write a very VERY basic config to at least get an island in game. As my knowledge is pretty minimal i am using the rahmadi config slightly tweaked. But its still got the 3 palm icons and a random airfeild in the middle of nowhere...i think this would help alot of peoples understanding.

Let me know if you can take a look and get it goin for me.

Thanks Guys

Wedge

So is there a way to get all ladders workin? I used keg's pbo tool and some ladders doesn't work, eg. panelak1, tovarna2, hlaska...

Doesn't give any errors to arma.rpt when testing map.

your 3 example ladders work for me when using BI's tools and binarizing the island.

I have no idea how much of this code is needed to get ladders working cause I'm an idiot when it comes to code, but this is what I figured out and added to my config:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class cfgVehicles

{

class Thing;

class Building;

class Strategic;

class NonStrategic : Building

{

class DestructionEffects;

};

class HouseBase;

class House : HouseBase

{

};

class Ruins;

class Land_Hut06 : House

{

scope = 1;

model = "\ca\buildings\hut06.p3d";

armor = 200;

destrType = "DestructBuilding";

transportAmmo = 0;

transportRepair = 0;

transportFuel = 0;

class DestructionEffects : DestructionEffects

{

class Ruin1

{

simulation = "ruin";

type = "\ca\buildings\hut06_ruins.p3d";

position = "";

intensity = 1;

interval = 1;

lifeTime = 1;

};

};

};

class Land_ladder : House

{

model = "\ca\desert2\build\ladder.p3d";

};

class Land_ladder_half : House

{

model = "\ca\desert2\build\ladder_half.p3d";

};

class Land_hotel : House

{

model = "\ca\buildings\hotel.p3d";

};

class Land_vysilac : House

{

model = "dbe1\models_dbe1\vysilac\vysilac_budov.p3d";

};

class leseni2x : House

{

model = "ca\buildings\misc\leseni2x.p3d";

};

class leseni4x : House

{

model = "ca\buildings\misc\leseni4x.p3d";

};

class tovarna2 : House

{

model = "ca\buildings\tovarna2.p3d";

};

class tovarna1 : House

{

model = "ca\buildings\tovarna1.p3d";

};

class sc9_adpolice : House

{

model = "sc9_adarab\sc9_adpolice.p3d";

};

};

The classes at the bottom are of course what you need to add for each object/structure/ladder type.

Hmm, i wonder why BinPBO tries to include all building models to pbo when i try to binarize --> gives shitload of errors.

"Cannot open object ca\buildings\hut03.p3d"

Could someone tell me how i setup paths correctly for binpbo?

i just added the code that Opteryx gave and still does not work for my map.

Does not work for any original arma model i used

to have ladders working on a model placed in visitor:

1)in the Geometry LOD, add:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class house (or tower)

map house (or whatever you want)

dammage no (or whatever you want)

sbSource shadowVolume

canocclude 0

Now, create the model.cfg:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgModels

{

class Default;

class nameofyourmodel: Default{};

};

and the config.cpp:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgPatches

{

class LKS_objects

{

units[] = {"Land_my_ladder_model"}; //put always LAND_*

weapons[] = {};

worlds[] = {""};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class Thing;

class Building;

class Strategic;

class NonStrategic : Building

{

};

class HouseBase;

class Land_VASICore;

class House : HouseBase

{

};

class Land_my_ladder_model: House

{

scope = public;

Armor = 100000;

model = "\path\model.p3d";

displayName = "my own ladder model";

destrType="DestructNo";

ladders[]={{"start","end"}};

};

};

binarize the model, then pack everything, and see if it works

Geometry LOD is a LOD to add in your model p3d:

geojc0.jpg

And the memory LOD, in which you define the start-end points of your ladder:

memoryuq7.jpg

but what if i want to use the existing original models?

the model i want to use is this: " P:\ca\misc\ladder_half.p3d "

lol Yeah i still cant get my ladders working even after following everything here.

ladderyx6.jpg

I got that ladder working.

When configuring the model in the config.cpp, keep in mind to use the prefix LAND_, so:

class Land_half_ladder

{

bablabla

};