Sign in to follow this  
-IC-Wedge

Ladders?

I have now made 2 custom islands and on both i seem to have a problem with ladders.

Ladders just dont work, no options to climb up.

Any help on this one guys...what am i missing??

Wedge

I have now made 2 custom islands and on both i seem to have a problem with ladders.

Ladders just dont work, no options to climb up.

Any help on this one guys...what am i missing??

Wedge

if models are yours, then you should have configured the model not in the proper manner...

Edited by W0lle

negative...

im talkin about the buildings in game with ladders...ie

church

tank garage

factorys

etc

Anyone else had this problem or can help me??

I think this problem may be somehow caused by placed objects not correctly loading their config. It seems to be a problem on many custom islands/terrains.

Allie posted similar issues in this thread.

I can confirm that buildings placed on my terrains appear not to load their config correctly - they are not buildings as far as the nearestBuilding command is concerned and ladders do not work. A church I placed seemed not to ring bells on the hour either, although I'm not sure that particular church should. However, paths and destruction mode appeared to work, and the buildings seem to correctly be of class "house".

You have to Binarize the wrp files. Pack the island with BinPBO from BIS and check the binarize box.

I tried it with binarized and unbinarized islands in game, and ladders didn't work unbinarized. It takes some time, binpbo seems to check all p3d files you use. It also creates a log file with errors, for wrp files it has a lot, most them refer to some files in a poseidon directory that is not part of p:, I guess you can ignore them, but the ones refering to your wrp and p3d files might be helpful to fix bugs you didn't where there in the first place whistle.gif

Also make sure to add *.rvmat to the "List of files to copy directly" field in options (I know *.wrp is there also, but wrp files get binarized anyway).

If it works name your firstborns after me wink_o.gif

The ladder on the watertower works without binarizing the island, funny that others dont.

I binarized an island with the first rc of the public tools, and the ingame map was bad, no buildings or objects were shown. Did they fix that?

The ladder on the watertower works without binarizing the island, funny that others dont.

I know. I tested with garaz_tank something, only worked binarized.

I binarized an island with the first rc of the public tools, and the ingame map was bad, no buildings or objects were shown. Did they fix that?

As far as I can tell they did, buildings show up on the map just like expected.

The objects not showing was my own fault. I was copying my islands folder to a different drive and removing all source files(satmap, heightmap,etc) to reduce size, so binpbo wasnt finding the p3d files biggrin_o.gif

So now doing it on the default P: drive it found the p3d's so my ingame map is fine, however the ladders still didnt work. A quick look at the log file showed that theres no config class entries for any buildings on my map.

Unraped the config in ca/buildings, the entries are there, but still got same result. Do we need to put the entries in the islands config ?

I don't know, but I didn't add anything to the config with regards to the building

I unraped all config.bin files in p: (mainly to study how things were done)

i have a KKB directory in the p: root directory, and in KKB i have subfolders for the things i work on, the island is in kkbisland.

To binarize the island BinPBO is setup like that:

Addon Source Directory: p:\kkb\kkbisland

Clear Temp: yes

Binarize: yes

Options:

Files to copy directly:

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;

*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.rvmat

Path to Project Folder: p:\kkb

Use Source Path: no

Addon Prefix automatically: yes

I got the message with config class entries in the logfile too, but only for buildings without ladders anyway.

Which building you try to use? I'll check if it works here.

I didnt have any results either yet, for example the watch tower called "hlaska.p3d" ladder wont work, whatever way i pack it.

Allie

Just tested hlaska.p3d, works for me (only binarized).

Does BinPBO give you an error regarding hlaska in the log file?

Try unRaping all config.bin files in the ca directory. A quick way is creating a bat file like that:

@echo off
:getfile
if "%1"=="" goto end
echo Decoding %1
%~d1
cd %~p1
"C:\Programme\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\kegarmatools\unRap\unRap.exe" "%~n1%~x1" -s
shift
goto getfile
:end
echo All done
pause

Obviuosly you have to change the path to Kegetys unrap.exe so it works for you.

Put the unrap.bat on your desktop or somewhere easy to reach, search your whole p: drive for config.bin, then drag and drop all found files on the unrap.bat file. It will create *.cpp and *.hpp files in the right directorys. Try BinPBO again (I think it parses the config files for entrys regarding the p3d objects on your map and if it finds ladder entrys it works that into the wrp file. I'm guessing here, but this way ladders work for me, so give it a shot)

Edited by W0lle

Well yes Hlaska gives me error, actually it gives me a shit load of errors.

Quote[/b] ]Parse: 15 ms

Singular mapping: #(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,1,1), u 3529.48 x v 2544.33, AoT 1600

Unknown flag Road

Unknown flag Road

ca\buildings\dum_istan3.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\dum_istan2b.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\dum_istan2.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\misc\nasypka.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\vysilac_fm2.p3d: tower, config class missing

ca\buildings\hlaska.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_mid_cornp.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_stairs.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_mid_cornl.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\army_hut2_int.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\fuelstation_army.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

ca\buildings\misc\vo_stara1.p3d: streetlamp, config class missing

ca\buildings\hlaska.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\hlidac_budka.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\misc\vo_stara1.p3d: streetlamp, config class missing

ca\buildings\benzina_schnell.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

ca\buildings\misc\pumpa.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\watertower1.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\dum_olez_istan2_maly2.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\army_hut3_long.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\hut04.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\castle\helfenburk.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\tovarna2.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\army_hut3_long.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\budova5.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\ss_hangard.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\strazni_vez.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\telek1.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\dum_olez_istan2_maly2.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\majak.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\majaklight360.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\majak.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\majaklight360.p3d: house, config class missing

No entry 'd:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds.tola'.

No entry 'd:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgWorlds.tola'.

ca\buildings\majak.p3d: house, config class 'Land_majak' missing

ca\buildings\majaklight360.p3d: house, config class 'Land_majaklight360' missing

ca\buildings\budova5.p3d: house, config class 'Land_budova5' missing

ca\buildings\ss_hangard.p3d: house, config class 'Land_ss_hangard' missing

ca\buildings\telek1.p3d: house, config class 'Land_telek1' missing

ca\buildings\strazni_vez.p3d: house, config class 'Land_strazni_vez' missing

ca\buildings\vysilac_fm2.p3d: tower, config class 'Land_vysilac_fm2' missing

ca\buildings\watertower1.p3d: house, config class 'Land_watertower1' missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_mid_cornp.p3d: house, config class 'Land_podesta_1_mid_cornp' missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_mid_cornl.p3d: house, config class 'Land_podesta_1_mid_cornl' missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_stairs.p3d: house, config class 'Land_podesta_1_stairs' missing

ca\buildings\army_hut3_long.p3d: house, config class 'Land_army_hut3_long' missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_mid_cornp.p3d: house, config class 'Land_podesta_1_mid_cornp' missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_mid_cornl.p3d: house, config class 'Land_podesta_1_mid_cornl' missing

ca\buildings\podesta_1_stairs.p3d: house, config class 'Land_podesta_1_stairs' missing

ca\buildings\dum_olez_istan2_maly2.p3d: house, config class 'Land_dum_olez_istan2_maly2' missing

ca\buildings\army_hut2_int.p3d: house, config class 'Land_army_hut2_int' missing

ca\buildings\dum_istan2.p3d: house, config class 'Land_dum_istan2' missing

ca\buildings\dum_istan2b.p3d: house, config class 'Land_dum_istan2b' missing

ca\buildings\dum_istan3.p3d: house, config class 'Land_dum_istan3' missing

ca\buildings\army_hut2_int.p3d: house, config class 'Land_army_hut2_int' missing

ca\buildings\dum_olez_istan2_maly2.p3d: house, config class 'Land_dum_olez_istan2_maly2' missing

ca\buildings\hlaska.p3d: house, config class 'Land_hlaska' missing

ca\buildings\fuelstation_army.p3d: vehicle, config class 'Land_fuelstation_army' missing

ca\buildings\hlaska.p3d: house, config class 'Land_hlaska' missing

ca\buildings\hlidac_budka.p3d: house, config class 'Land_hlidac_budka' missing

ca\buildings\benzina_schnell.p3d: vehicle, config class 'Land_benzina_schnell' missing

ca\buildings\misc\pumpa.p3d: house, config class 'Land_pumpa' missing

ca\buildings\castle\helfenburk.p3d: house, config class 'Land_helfenburk' missing

ca\buildings\hut04.p3d: house, config class 'Land_hut04' missing

ca\buildings\misc\nasypka.p3d: house, config class 'Land_nasyd:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\CfgConvertFileChng\CfgConvertFileChng.exe returned error 1

d:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\CfgConvertFileChng\CfgConvertFileChng.exe returned error 1

d:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\CfgConvertFileChng\CfgConvertFileChng.exe returned error 1

Convert world p:\tolafarush\tola.wrp -> C:\Documents and Settings\allie\Desktop\mapper\tolafarush\tola.wrp

pka' missing

ca\buildings\castle\helfenburk.p3d: house, config class 'Land_helfenburk' missing

ca\buildings\tovarna2.p3d: house, config class 'Land_tovarna2' missing

ca\buildings\army_hut3_long.p3d: house, config class 'Land_army_hut3_long' missing

ca\buildings\majak.p3d: house, config class 'Land_majak' missing

ca\buildings\majaklight360.p3d: house, config class 'Land_majaklight360' missing

But i'll try your batch file thingy and see what will happen then.

Later,

Allie

ok no result, you remove the old binarized cfg files when unrapped to cpp's and hpp's ??

My error log complete same, i must be doing some else wrong ??

What about this error ??

Dont get it .

Later,

Allie

Edited by W0lle

ok no result, you remove the old binarized cfg files when unrapped to cpp's and hpp's ??
No I didn't.

I get this one too (about as much as you), but the others don't happen here. Do you use the RC3 version of all tools? (thats the only thing I can think of before we start to compare our p: drives file for file... :crazy_o: )

The tola thing doesn't happen here either. Besides some useful info I get a solid 1.5MB of logfile with only these two (but that doesn't seem to be important):

W:\c\Poseidon\Lib\font.cpp(120) : Assertion failed 'w <= 127'

W:\c\Poseidon\Lib\font.cpp(121) : Assertion failed 'h <= 127'

Maybe someone 'official' has a clue?

Edited by W0lle

Yes using latest tools.

My log file is as big as u see there, thats it.

P drive is bit diff then you, i have my working folder straight on P so P:/tolafarush, you have again folder in there from where you work, i dont think thats a problem tho.

One thing i wonder about is if it is necessary for the WRP file to be named the same as the folder name ?

I dont know, but one thing i know is that i get sick and tyred of this, each time i think i can finalize my island i run into new problems.

Later,

Allie

Quote[/b] ]

Yes using latest tools.

P drive is bit diff then you, i have my working folder straight on P so P:/tolafarush, you have again folder in there from where you work, i dont think thats a problem tho.

I don't think so either.

Quote[/b] ]

One thing i wonder about is if it is necessary for the WRP file to be named the same as the folder name ?

Mine is. But I don't think it should matter.

Quote[/b] ]

I dont know, but one thing i know is that i get sick and tyred of this, each time i think i can finalize my island i run into new problems.

I feel your pain. Would you send me your stuff over, maybe I can find the problem?

I sure wanne send, but its maybe 400 Mb bIg.

I can make it downloadable, wont be best downloadspeed for you, maybe 100Kb, gonne be some download time.

later,

Allie

Thanks, mine seems to be working now. thumbs-up.gif

p.s. You also need to add *.sqm to the 'list of files to copy directly' so it dosent break island intro anims.

Thanks man,

I'll try tonight and do the things you suggested.

I dont know why but it had some to do with errors before, thats why i moved my working folder straight on P, but i'll move it back to CA.

No biggy, i know i have to reimport sat and mask, no problem.

Its more work to change all paths again in all files without forgeting one wink_o.gif

Will keep u guys posted.

Later,

Allie

Great, thanks alot mate, indeed result.

One more error to go and i'll release this one and start at last at a serioux big desert project.

Thanks again mate.

Allie

I'm giving it up again, run into next problems.

Dont understand it, suddenly my custom defining of dust, roughness and soundenv. settings not working any more.

It did worked but it just stopped working, I'm out of here,

Fck it all

When you change directories make sure you double check all paths. I think I had to triple check before I got them all.

Dont understand it, suddenly my custom defining of dust, roughness and soundenv. settings not working any more.

I'm having the same problem. And it does work to a degree, the clutter settings work, but the roughness/dust/soundenv don't. I have no clue why.

Quote[/b] ]I'm having the same problem. And it does work to a degree, the clutter settings work, but the roughness/dust/soundenv don't. I have no clue why.

Because the tools are incomplete , maybe Bis frightened you wll make arma2 ,Before them ? same for anims and laddders etc in binpbo , simply cannot get to work.