Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Sakakah Al Jawf v.1.0

I really don't get why everyone whines about QG... it's so cheap it's unbelievable...

I really don't get why everyone whines about QG... it's so cheap it's unbelievable...

Whinning is more fun.

Just check your wife/girl, they whine about so much, to much for us to understand whats there to whine about.

yay.gif

Ahhhhhhhh time for another Duvel I see smile_o.gif

why does everything awesome in ARMA requires that expansion pack!!!

Just a guess ... maybe that's the reason why those mods are awesome? tounge2.gif

I'm creating a mission on Sakakah Al Jawf using DAC. It works quite good on it tounge2.gif It features a huge city battles with McNools US and SLA desert units, iraqi insurgents and african militia. I hope the release of the next sakakah version is very soon smile_o.gif

If you live in a country where it had not been released and it is expensive to ship from overseas, then yeah, its something to whine about especially if you're not from a rich country and can barely afford a computer let alone tons of games. We my friends are quite spoiled.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Im pretty much not buying it on principle,

if you are going to make a expansion pack, at least put something, eh, expandatory in it.

I will probably have to order it someday though, with all this great user made stuff requiring it. But BIS, im still angry tounge2.gif

if you are going to make a expansion pack, at least put something, eh, expandatory in it...

It has 2 campaigns whistle.gif

why does everything awesome in ARMA requires that expansion pack!!!

Just a guess ... maybe that's the reason why those mods are awesome?  tounge2.gif

I'm creating a mission on Sakakah Al Jawf using DAC. It works quite good on it  tounge2.gif It features a huge city battles with McNools US and SLA desert units, iraqi insurgents and african militia. I hope the release of the next sakakah version is very soon smile_o.gif

I'm eagerly awaiting your mission!!

Sakakah + DAC 2.0 = inlove.gif

i would buy it for 70 bux if necessary but money is not the problem the expansion itself is a problem i don't have a hell of an idea when its gonna come to my country came a few days to an official israeli game store asked them if they have queen's gambit theyre reply?

"WE DON'T HAVE IT WE DIDN'T HEARD OF IT"

banghead.gif

Sprocket

Is this maybe an idea?

I am eagerly awaiting the next version Opteryx, I understand you want to get this done but I do hope you still love this island as much as I do

Sprocket

Is this maybe an idea?

I am eagerly awaiting the next version Opteryx, I understand you want to get this done but I do hope you still love this island as much as I do

ummm i don't have personnaly a credit card and its a lil problamatic for me to get this that way i don't understand

why it isn't in my country yet is it in europe BTW?

i mean in stores in europe?

I can not get the "nearestBuilding" and "buildingPos" commands to work in this map.

Have anyone else noticed this, or is it something wrong in my end?

I think I've heard someone else mention this. As to why.... I have no idea I'm afraid, might be that it's not binarized.

I can not get the "nearestBuilding" and "buildingPos" commands to work in this map.

Have anyone else noticed this, or is it something wrong in my end?

Works for me mate.

Hi, what i've noticed on this island is that the AK74 bullets pierce

through some of the buildings and the common BIS glasses bug

in the TV station buildings; that while when you're on the street...

you can't seen through some of the windows, but the AI's can

see and shot from there; also in some of it's floors you can shot

through the window, even totaly perpendicular to the ground, and

the AI's refuse to cross the fence with the open gate at the left

of the first of the two buildings.

I think I've heard someone else mention this. As to why.... I have no idea I'm afraid, might be that it's not binarized.

Matt Rochelle confirmed that it works on his system (and It have been confirmed by several others also). So I will investigate my system. Thanks for extremely quick reply btw smile_o.gif

And I must say, this is one of my all time favorite maps in the opf/arma history! Thanks:)

In need of a favor here...I know, it's a lot to ask of a first post.  I'm looking to see if anyone has the old "sakakah_rvmat_fix.rar" file for the beta to fix the dedicated server issue.  I've got a new mission file I want to try out but can't find the fix.  Some of the guys I play with don't have QG so the 1.0 version is not an option at the moment.

The old link the Scars09 had is dead. I've PM'ed him but haven't seen a response.

Anybody with it laying around on their HD/server willing to help me out?

What I have is a Sakakahconfig.cpp file that I have downloaded for some reason. Is this what you need?

What I have is a Sakakahconfig.cpp file that I have downloaded for some reason. Is this what you need?

Neg....it was the fix for the dedicated server memory leak

It came out after that .CPP fix

Something to do with the .paa and rvmat files being misnamed

The original file was here...

http://www.scars09.de/files/sakakah_rvmat_fix.rar

By the way DM, same post over a Frugs(it was mine)...we're one in the same in case you see that post in your travels. biggrin_o.gif

Theres an anti QG 'fix' posted on our german comment section.

Its just 2 dummy files (desert2 & dbe1.pbo) that contain other objects as replacement.

Because of your servercrash last year you lost a lot of file-stuff and i guess also the QG-fix ( = dummy for Queens Gambit). Has anyone another link to get the dummyreplacement for the dbe.pbo?

i love this island but i found some realy weird problems

when i try to build a mission with dawn of the yomies using this map no zombies are spawned everything is as it shoud be according to the yomie manual

so i started to play around and build a small mission with the mando bomb console the planes are being generated but not the bombs and the planes are flying way higher then the original mando example mission (way way higher )

so i came to the conclusion something has to be wrong on this island with scripts who spawn stuff (both are tested on other maps and work perfectly)

can this be true ? and if so any idea in how to fix this problem ?

Just DL'd it!

Excellent map despite the minor glitches.

As someone said earlier it is screaming for a huge all arms coop.

If I download it from the first page, do I still need the small fixes for a dedicated server? If so, where can I find all of them?

Thanks

edit:

Quote[/b] ]* Should work on a dedicated server now.