Sign in to follow this  
hypno toad

Survival

yes! i see endless potential here! where can i download the zombies/prototype could you send me your adapted ones?

i would make some missions then, too.

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Ok they are done and I made a small demo mission for them.

We have 2 types Slow (walking zombies) and Fast (running zombies). They are each stand alone so if you just want fast you can use fast. (Demo mission needs the 2 Kaos-Zombie files)

I also have a 3rd but am holding off on them as they are too strong and ai will not engage unless they have at4s.

I sent D.murphy man  all I have so he can start to make cool missions. thumbs-up.gif

Now here is the part were I need a bit of help. Is there anyone that can host a download for me so the other news sites can set up downloads?

Thanks in advance.  help.gif

Oops almost forgot the read me part...........on second thought no I'll wait cause I don't want the speach about posting addon news in mission section blah blah thing. I'm getting tierd of getting yelled at and having my warning lvl go up! nener.gif

And for the rest of you violaters please see the forum rules on my sig so you don't get yelled at also!  band.gif

A forum is a terible thing to waste.

We really need a new zombie mod.

Agreed, I might postpone this one until some better zombie come out. Maybe I will modify the old "crappy zombie mod", if I can get permission.

I've received your zombies PROTOTYPE but the demo mission says it requires "MAP_Misc" addon and i cannot play it! I'm guessing this is a MAPFACT addon, so ill look at there site for it.

*Edit*

Ok downloaded MAP_Misc, and played the example mission, the spawning and zombies seem pretty solid, however i find the zombies targeting and path finding leave a lot to be desired especially when entering buildings. The Yommies zombies appeared to of had much better targeting and path finding abilities, following you up stairs and even up ladders!

Perhaps something could be done to combine the Yomies scripts and these zombies?

Although iv only had a brief look at the example mission im a bit stumped on how you define what unit types are spawned (fast or slow zombies),how many are spawned,radius of spawn,activation of the spawn, and what all the other parameters are for in the init line of the road cones?

crazy_o.gif

Sorry I didn't explain it further. They are spawned by the COOP-esential pack scripts. If you look in the folder (de pbo mission) you will find all the documentation. If you need a de-pbo version just let me know and I'll send it out to you.

If anyone else would like them also just send me your email and I'll give you what I have.

Cheers PROTO, iv already de pbo'd the missions but haven't had much time lately to look over them. Who would of thought being unemployed take up so much time, heh.

Great Idead BUT u must not make it like evoloution. The thing must be moving thorough out the map discovering new objectives ,like finding survivors, securing a military base for equipment and ammo,finding a radio station to transmit a signal then its destroyed and u have to go and power it up, stop the infection which is caused by those mystirious people with gas masks and SD weapons, ambush their convoy, finnaly find a new helicopter cause urs is destroyed and leave the island,- which can be random if u have this editing ability (i would have made much myself but i have no idea about scripting). Also thats right czm is fun to play by yourself but sux very hard if u want to make something serious. Horror for OFP where great, cant wait to see them here.

Finnaly what are zombie movies/novels/comics etc about? Not killing they zombies but trying to survive the hords even if u dont have enough ammo and gas smile_o.gif

Right i was up intill 3 this morning going over the coop essentials documentation and experimenting with a few things, I stripped out the mission folder to scripts that i actually need since there where a few other non coop essential scripts in there like OFPEC blood and something called guncontrol.sqs.

I've also notice that the spawns do not repeat, as in once they spawn once, they will not spawn again once the player leaves and reenters the spawn area. However i believe this is easily fixable using a trigger or two and some createvehicle commands, I got most of the today free so ill go and try get something working.

Ill let you know when im finished with something that works and send out the mission templates to anyone who's interested.

*EDIT*

Righty'o folks! I've manage to make up a nice little template, with which *should* have the zombie spawn repeat every time a player enters the area, exits, and reenters. I've also manage to implement a trigger that deletes all the zombies once the player leaves the area, as to cut down on lag. Otherwise, for example, a long MP session with players entering and exiting multiple areas all the time the zombies would start building up causing massive lag.

Its all a simple set up with one .SQS script (or two if you want larger spawns and small spawns) 3 triggers and a marker. Although its easy to set up its a bit tedious when making more then one spawn as you must change the name of the marker, and then make sure the triggers associated with the marker also have the corresponding name in the activation fields as well as declaring new variable in the init.sqf. However you can have the option not to use the zombie deleting script, which cuts down on setting up time. You can also adjust the area the player must be away from the centre of the spawn intill zombies delete by simply adjusting two of the trigger sizes.

If any one wants a look let me know, Ill email you a copy. Only addon needed is PROTOTYPES edited zombies. (which you will have to ask him for)

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Cool!!!!!!!!!! Send away!!! I can't wait to try it!! If you want to give them to other ppl go ahaead I don't mind. I want every one to have fun with them like me and my guys have.

PROTOTYPE iv sent you an email with attached template.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions but hopefully it should be simple enough to follow.

Theres 20 spawn zones set up in all (10 large 10 small) on the template that iv left you free to place your self around the island.

Also last night iv been working on a zombies MMORPG using SPON money by spooner. So far every thing is going well and is all working. You can buy weapons and vehicles and bank your money outside of the quarantine zone (north sahrani) and the boarder is guarded by AI with South Sahrani being the infested zone.

Players start at the field hospital in the refugee camp and im planning a number of ways for them to make money. Firstly killing zombies will give you a small amount of money, something like 10 credits each (not sure if this is possible). And payers can take on missions such as rescuing civilians and bringing them back to the Refugee camp for money or doing patrols for the military and other objectives.

As soon as i get some spare time (got a busy weekend ahead and other things) i *should* be able to release a beta for testing.

D.murphy man you are the best! I tried the mission you sent me and it rocks!

Thanks for figing out the way to have them despawn when you leave the area. yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

I have tons of referance if you need filler stuff to make a mission. I have tons of stuff you can use. I notworthy.gif (bow down) to your mission making skills!

This looks promising, maybe when i get back, your zombies campaign/mission will be finished, i am looking forward to meet them smile_o.gif

Good luck!

p.s. if you think you can use anything from the Yomies, don't hesitate - but i can't help you much, because i'm not available most of the time. But you can allways try to PM me, or send me an email, but don't expect quick response sad_o.gif

Hey guys sorry i haven't been here to keep you all updated iv had some connection problems lately, that means however that i haven't had any distractions and been constantly working on my RPG mission.

So far every thing seems to be working fine, Every city and town is covered in triggers that will spawn zombies, civilians, and randomly damaged empty vehicles and delete them all when players leave the area. Civilians will randomly run around and can be 'rescued' by the players via the action menu when your close enough to one. Once 'rescued' the civilians join your group and you must take them back to the refugee camp for a reward. Currently its $2000 each civilian saved and $50 for each zombie killed.

Players start off behind the boarder that separates north and south sarahani, North of the boarder is the safe zone where players spawn, can use the bank, buy vehicles and some cheap weapons and where the refugee camp is located. South of the boarder is the quarantine zone, as you guess its where all the zombie spawns and such are.

also deep within the quarantine zone is a military base with surrounding outposts. At the military base you can buy military vehicles, expensive military weapons (like SAWs and Rifles), and use an ATM. Theres also a 'Refugee Evac' that acts the same as the Refugee camp where you can get reward for rescuing civs.

Each Out post around the military base, and the base its self, is randomly attacked every 15 minutes. Players can see what currently being attacked with there maps. for every outpost that falls the main base is more frequently attacked, once the main base falls all options to buy military equipment and civ evac are taken away which means players must travel all way back to the boarder to buy less powerful weapons and rescue civs.

Theres also a 'Gun smuggler' in a far out location in the quarantine zone, Players that fancy making some bigger profits other then zombie killing and civ rescuing can buy weapons from the military base or the boarder, and sell them at higher prices to the smugglers to make a nice little profit.

I shall update with some screen shots of the map layout and things soon!

Also expect a beta in coming week. All i need to do is tweak a few values and fix a bug or two and add some aesthetic qualities.

D.murphy man you are my hero!!!!!!!! Thank god you are around cause you are doing everything I've been trying to do. Now I'll just sit back and test your stuff and work on some addons. If you need ANYTHING let me know. I'll be your helper! notworthy.gif

dznemesis got your pm. Sending to you today what has been done so far.

Still need someone to host KAOS zombie addon so ppl can start to use them. whistle.gif

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I got some dif zombie sounds from some movies I have. If I fig out how to I'll put them in with the zombies.

D.murphy man when you get a chance can you send me next mission update so I can fool around a bit?

I set up a gun shop for shanri life and I want to use it in the zombie mission. I also did a bank with telers and a kinda looking atm. I want to do a police station but I dont know the name of the radio station so I can spawn it on the map and place objects.

Just want to keep you all up to date. yay.gif

Well Proto i can send you my RPG zombie map if you like, it has shops and stuff already on it im using spooners excellent SPON_Money scripts for all shops etc... its incredibly easy to use.

spon money linky

My RPG map in its current state is pretty much playable but i still want to sproose it up when i get the chance i also need some one to host it when i get round to releasing it. Ill most properly start a new thread for it since we sort of hijacked this one.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif NEW POST YES!!!!!!!!

Cool. I'm down for what ever you want to do.

I can't wait to blast some z heads!

hey guys hows it going on with the missions?

i had no time until now to check out the zombies+CEP pack, but i am playing around right now smile_o.gif

things that i have problems with:

- zombies dont stand still, they always wander around sad_o.gif ...although this is sometimes good, i also need the zombies that i can hide in a house and scare you when you enter (atm they just wander out and away)

- the groups created by the CEP dont use their waypoints, they dont even move to the first as it seems

- also took me a long time to adapt the group size o_O

ok the problem seems to be, that the zombies dont follow ANY waypoints at all!

can this be fixed or is this a "feature"? then maybe introduce zombies that do follow their orders?

edit : I've just seen your "quarantine" mission... wink_o.gif

By the way, I'm planing to make a short mission in Sakakah City.

Which "zombies" are the best ? "yomies" or "CZM" ?

Or maybe could you send yours to me ?

Yomies imho. They follow you over bridges and into houses. They even climb ladders after you!

If you read the yomie-thread there is info how to get around the limitation of only resistance side (I can play with over 700 zombies), there is also in the end of the thread i fix that makes it MP-compatible. I play zombiemissions with my friends!